main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chatt, TN Chattanooga Chapter in 2004

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Vesper2112, Jan 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vesper2112

Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN star 4

Nov 14, 2003
    I figured we've posted enough to that other "chapter" header long enough. We seem to have a nice small group here... all we need to do is get organized. That's what this topic is all about. Really starting a Chapter and having it established this year.

It's just a guess, but maybe the other topic had so many posts, that people who drift in here may not have looked at all the messages. Probably not, but you never know.

Anyway, January's about gone, so that leaves us 11 months in '04. (Besides... we HAVE to get one before Dalton, GA does). Not a dig against them, but this is Chattanooga! I KNOW there's more fans than this here... we just need to get established and get the word out.
    ...and now back to your regularly scheduled programs...

2. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    (a bump to make this a current topic)

3. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    ALLRIGHT! We did it! Our first official meeting! (Whew! I'm glad that's outta the way). Can you tell there was no "plan"? heh

It was nice meeting you today and I hope we can start bringing others in as well. I bet that guy in Gameboard was glad to see us leave, though... Oh well, at least I bought something.

Oh, I went to Waldenbooks and picked up Vector Prime. I figured since Natalie already read it and you (LoyalJedi) are going to read it, I figured I might as well take the plunge and start the thing too. Maybe the next meeting we'll have an Oprah book club chat. OK... maybe not. hehehe.

4. drthmrl

drthmrl Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2003
    Vecter Prime was a good read! i also have it on disc so i can listen to it in my car. i think that a resturant would be a better settign for a meeting so as we will have a place to sit and aybe eat in a sum-what private atmostphere. agreed?

5. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    Agreed (see other post). I saw where Vector Prime was on cd that was included with the last book in the NJO series. I haven't read any of them, so I just decided to go with the first one and go from there. Now I just need to find some time to read it!

6. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    I contacted Minacia Brightstar about what we did on Saturday and here is the reply:

"It is terrific that you guys have had your first meeting!

However, for a meeting to count toward your official total, it must be announced on the FanForce website. I have asked folks to do this before, but I think that detail got lost in all the planning, which has happened to other groups before.

All you need to do to get your meeting announced on the FanForce website is to contact me several days in advance of the meeting with details such as meeting day, time, location, and the e-mail of a person interested folks can contact. I'll take care of getting the info up on the FanForce website. Once you have three announced meetings, your group will be an official FanForce chapter.

You guys have gotten over the biggest hurdle...just getting together and finding out that it isn't so hard to actually get together.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm here to help."

D'oh! Man... Oh well, I guess we can call our meeting # -1? Details, details... Live and learn, right? Two steps forward and three steps back... (what other metaphors can I use here?) Awww, skip it. Let's start planning the next one! We don't have to wait a month, I suppose. Anyone have a suggestion? Just throw it out there and see how many of us can go.

7. Jedi_Sha

Jedi_Sha Jedi Master star 5

Oct 13, 2002
    well that sucks.

at least we made it to that one. and it was great to meet you guys too. we'll definitely have to chat about the books (although i'm sure i'll have to watch myself else i'll never shut up about them....)

anyway, just lemme know when the next one is. and if i can't get there, ah well. next time i guess...

8. drthmrl

Jul 31, 2003
    Woop's! that was me. sorry i forgot to tell you about that. my and Minacia Brightstar talked about it after the meeting. we went and played putt-putt(noone else from the meeting wanted to) and she mentioned that. i guess if im going to be the "leason" (sp) between the two groups i need to get my boot out of my arss. hehe

9. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    No problemo. We'll get this right eventually. Looking at our other posts, I'm wondering if a mini-golf thing would be good for us up here as well. We have Sir Goony's (unless you guys know of another place). There's a place by me called Winner's Circle, but I think that's a little too far for the rest of you to get here. Anyway, I agree that a restaurant would be a good place to start and we can go from there.

JediSha... will you be back in town anytime soon? If not, then maybe we should shoot for a Sunday evening in the next couple of weeks.

10. drthmrl

Jul 31, 2003
    are you talking about the winners circle in fort oglethorpe?

11. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Don't be discouraged, gang! At least you guys have managed to organize one meeting. Getting together for another one shouldn't be the undertaking that it has been before. :)

Just select someone to contact me with meeting details in advance, and I'll get an announcement on the FanForce website for you. Also, you might also want to choose someone to make meeting announcement threads in this forum. That way, anyone who happens by these boards will see your meeting details. :)

drthmrl, I want a putt-putt rematch. You only beat me by one stroke, doggone it! ;)

12. Jedi_Sha

Oct 13, 2002
    i won't be back until easter weekend, but then i'll be spending time with my family, maybe be at the church (i'm a Christian, so it's a pretty important weekend ya know ;) ) after that i'll try to get back down maybe once but i doubt i'll have time then, so i most likely won't be able to come to another one until late may.

13. K9-Rod

K9-Rod Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 26, 2002
    Hey guys, good luck with getting a group together. I live in Maryville, TN....about 20 minutes south of Knoxville but lived in Chattanooga for a while...it has sentimental meaning to me so I check in every now and then. Even though my wife don't like the big city...LOL

I got a few friends that are SW fans and still live there. I will try to send them your way to see if it helps getting your numbers up.

I have been involved with SW groups in the Knoxville area for a while in one way or another and I know how hard it can be sometimes.

Hang in there!!!

Good luck
    Rod

14. Fettcollector

Fettcollector Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2004
    Hey guys, I just saw that there is an interest in a Chattanooga chapter. Lets pull together and get one started. I'm new to the forum so if anyone would like to email me about this please do at: Bobafettish@hotmail.com

15. LoyalJedi

LoyalJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 22, 2002
    Excellent, it's great to see people are really interested in this. We had our first meeting a couple weeks ago, and I think we should start planning another. We only need two more to become official.

16. Fettcollector

Fettcollector Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2004
    That sounds great. I know several guys in my Star Wars circle that would love to join. I was known in college as the Star Wars guy and we used to have movie parties and watch the trilogy all day long. It was so much fun. I would love to start that again. Please let me know when and where the next meeting is. I could think of a couple of places we could possibly meet.

17. LoyalJedi

May 22, 2002
    We just need to figure out a time that works around everyone's schedule.

18. drthmrl

Jul 31, 2003
    any monday or tuesday is good for me. also normally any time after 5 on sun or wed will work as well...

19. LoyalJedi

May 22, 2002
    Monday and Thursday are my days off. Then I work Sunday mornings and I'm usually done by about 3pm.

20. Jedi_Sha

Oct 13, 2002
    it's finals week. i'll be back in town next week, don't know where i'll be working or what my schedule will be like.

oh, and happy birthday to me! happy birthday to me! happy birthday to meeee! happy birthday to me!

21. LoyalJedi

May 22, 2002
    Happy Birthday Sha!! We'll have to plan something for when you come into town.

22. SarkaVrae

SarkaVrae Jedi Master star 5

Jun 3, 2004
    So.....did you guys ever plan another meeting? My hubby and I will be moving right outside Chatt in a month and I'd like to attend a get-together if you have one planned. I'm new to the online SW forums/info (at least seriously), though I love the movies, the lore, the stories....
    let me know. where would I find the info on FanForce?
    Thanks!

23. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Hi everyone! Just popping in to say hello. My husband and I are moving to Chattanooga at the end of August so I look forward to being able to join a pre-exsisting Fanforce chapter rather than attempting to start a new one down here in Montgomery, AL :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.