main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Che tipo di cibo? (English speakers welcome!)

Discussion in 'Archive: Italy' started by tony the jedi, Dec 3, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tony the jedi

tony the jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2000
    Che tipo di cibo è il tuo favorito? Hey we're on the subject of Italy so we might as well talk food, right? What's your favorite dish? Have any special italian restaurants near you? Let us know!

My favorite is nonna's home made lasagna, 15 layers of meat and cheese that can win over just about anyone. I am drooling just thinking about it.....

*wipes off face*

2. JediEnna

JediEnna Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2000
    Abito in un collegio, e il cibo non e'molto buono. Stasera abbiamo avuto un lasagna di pollo che e' stato terribile! Iac.

Mi piace la pizza veramente italiana - e' bellissima. Anche gli antipasti sono belli.

Translation:

I live in a college nad the food is not too good. Tonight we had a chicken lasagna that was terrible! Yuck.
    I like truly Italian pizza - it's beautiful. I also like antipasti.

Ma dove sono gli italiani? Tutti sono americani e australiani!

3. Twinnie2

Twinnie2 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 21, 2000
    Nope JediEnna, I'm French :)

Sorry I can't put this in Italian...

My dad's grandmother was Italian so he loves Italian food a lot, and we often have pizza or pasta at home (btw, what's the english for pasta ?). mmmmmm, pizza... :)

There are a few Italian restaurants in my city, but almost the all of them are made for French people, so you can only eat 'French Italian food' there... And as I've been in Italy a couple of days, I've already eaten REAL Italian food in an Italian family, and that was sooo better...

I'm hungry now...

4. tony the jedi

Apr 6, 2000
    It seems like every city has it's own version of "real italian food." Here in the USA when you order pizza you get a slice of mushy overcheesed bread covered with sauce from a can. I still eat it, but it's not the same as pizza margharita or pizza con funghi(mushrooms) e proscuitto corto(ham). When you order a pizza you get a WHOLE pizza, not just a little slice. I think that's the best part, and it's usually thin and crispy, with the best cheeses and homemade tomato sauces anywhere! Wow am I getting hungry, I need to visit more often.

5. Nwalme Jade

Nwalme Jade Ex(patriated) RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 13, 2000
    Oooh italian food... I just miss it so much, 'coz a pizza surely tastes better when eaten during one of those swwet Napoli nights...

But nobody has talked about gelati yet? God, *this* is ice cream. The flavour are unforgettable... Nutella, Kinder, fiore di latte... Forget about Haagen Dasz!

6. JediEnna

Nov 25, 2000
    Mmmm, gelato! A me piace mango gelato. Non ho sentito degli altri - nutella gelato?! Bizarre.

7. Nwalme Jade

Nwalme Jade Ex(patriated) RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 13, 2000
    Not bizarre, JediEnna, I eat one in Napoli... It tastes great, trust me!!

8. JediEnna

Nov 25, 2000
    Whatever you say! ;) I'll try one when I go to Italy next year.

9. tony the jedi

Apr 6, 2000
    My favorite is the stracciatella, the vanilla with the little peices of chocolate in it. Yum. Anche fragola.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.