main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cheap Accomodation

Discussion in 'Archive: FanForce Conventions Europe' started by Cobranaconda, Jul 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    Travelodge

From 45 quid per night, it's bloody good, plus it has decent facilites and stuff, like en suite bathrooms (with Shower and WC), TV and food/bar on site, unless it's in an extremely central location. As someone's who's stayed in lots of them over the entire country, they've been consistently good. Hell, even the one in Dumbarton was good, and that's on the outskirts of Glasgow :p

However, I'm not sure where the one closest to Earl's Court is, as I've never actually been there :p

Travel Inn

I've not stayed at any of these, but I've heard many good recommendations. Usually about 52 quid per night in London, same type of stuff as Travelodge's. They usually have either pub's or Little Chef's near them, or just near loads of stuff anyway :p

Feel free to add any, or, if you're a Londoner, correct my errors :p

2. Lord_Ogli

Lord_Ogli Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    Any dirt cheep, all you get is a mattress and an outside loo, accomodation?

3. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    Um, Staines?

4. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
  5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    What about Staines? That's where I will be travelling from for the event...
    It's not a bad town. Some decent shopping, a 10-screen cinema, and it is right on the Thames.

6. Stevie79

Stevie79 Jedi Youngling

Jul 11, 2006
    Whatever you do, stay away from Hotel Lily. It may be near to Earl's Court but it's way below standards. Don't be tempted by the prices.
    Infact here's a thread for you all to see.
    http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=28541

7. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    lol what I saw of Staines wasn't too bad actually

8. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I think you saw just about all of the town center. Of course some of that was after we had hit the two pubs...

9. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    And pubs are always good.

Seriously though, that area wasn't bad compared to other areas in London I have been to [face_worried]

10. Raj_Vader

Raj_Vader Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2005
    I think there's a YHA in Earls Court or Barons Court....

....Also Imperial College www.imperial.ac.uk has student halls in the area that would probably have rooms available at that time.

11. JediNemesis

JediNemesis Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    YHA are awesome, particularly if you're already a member in your home country (assuming you're coming from abroad). That's as long as you don't mind sharing a dormitory with 5/7 strangers of the same sex :)

12. Raj_Vader

Mar 28, 2005
    see we just travel in a big enough group to command our own dorm :p

13. edgejedi88

edgejedi88 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2005
    ...I know Ive posted this link before for hotels around the Earls CXourt, but here it is again anyway.... Link to Earls Court Hotels

Hey Raj man - long time no see? Wheres the ice creams? Good memories my friend...

14. Raj_Vader

Mar 28, 2005
    Hey Jase - been a while! I've been off galavanting around the world - just got back :p Aaah yes the ice creams! 'twas great ;-) Can you believe I've not made it to a meet since ? :( Now that I'm free for a year that should change though! How is life up North?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.