Check out my new site!

Discussion in 'Indianapolis, IN' started by theWOOK, May 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theWOOK Jedi Knight

star 1
    I used to run a site called the Wookiee's Workshop & have recently relaunced it as "the Wook's Workshop" It contains some of my Star Wars related hobbies (props, custom figures, & dioramas) The dioramas are still coming. But feel free to check it out & let me know what you think. I will post when the site is officially open.

Here it is:
    http://www.geocities.com/wooksworkshop

Thanks

Jamie
  2. Incom4 Jedi Master

star 4
  3. sidra Jedi Knight

star 2
    Great job, Jamie. I'm very impressed.
  4. JediMasterDan Jedi Master

star 2
    Impressive, Most Impressive...
  5. DroidboyB9 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Looks great Jamie....now we just need you in the Prop group.

Gregg
  6. obrian93 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Fantastic props (and hurry up with the diorama pics)!!

Where do you do your machining?
  7. EMERALD_GREENE Jedi Master

star 4
  8. Boba_Binks Jedi Master

star 4
    Now it makes me want to finish up my web site for all of my custom toys. I just have not had the time this past month to do anyuthing due to all the activities that I am involved in.

Anyways, if you want to check out whati have done on my site so far you can check it out at http://mywebpages.comcast.net/bobabinkstoys/index.htm

9. Jedi_Dad-1138 Jedi Master

star 2
    Hey Wook,
    It is a nice looking site. One more reason that the IK web site should become a SIG. Wink, wink nudge, nudge Ron. We have a lot of talented people in the group HTML experience. I would like to bring it up for a vote if possible at the next meeting. I can name at least 6 and maybe more people that want to work or assist on the web site.

Just a thought.
    Later
    Jedi Dad
  10. SynthLord Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yo Wook. Extremely well done. Especially for a geocities site. Indeed, you have mad skillz.
  11. Seymour_616 Jedi Padawan

MY BRUTTER HAS A WEB SCREEN ON THE AOL INTERNET TOO!

JERRY SAID DAT I'M NOT STRONG ENUFF TO USE THE MONKEYBARS BUT I STRONG LIKE HULK!
  12. OriginalBryGuy Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Wook. Nice. Can't wait to see more. I would suggest a link back to your home page on each page.

It's a fantastic start though!
  13. theWOOK Jedi Knight

star 1
    The diorama pics are coming.

As to where I machine, my father is a retired tool & die man, & has an old lathe that is a nightmare combo of a car transmission some belts and a lathe. I am self taught & only know how to run the lathe my hand, no computers.

As for the link my to the main page, I believe the WW logo at the top of each page is set as link to the index.
  14. YodaOnMyLeg Jedi Knight

star 3
    Great Site Wook!

I think a IK Web Team (SIG) would be cool to have. Count me in. I say the more input you have into the design the better. But you will still need someone to put it all together. Otherwise you will have multiple people doing multiple uploads, which could lead to source control problems.
  15. QUEEN-KARENDALA Jedi Master

star 4
    Wookster... that site is pretty cool! Neeto-keneeto!
  16. NorvelleJedi05 Force Ghost

star 4
    Jaime, this site looks cool. What did you use in Geocities to make this website? I'm trying to create a website on geocities.com but I'm having problems. Could you please help me? Thanks.

NOTE: This is my 50th post!
  17. OriginalBryGuy Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Wook,

People who have been surfing awhile might realize the logo goes back to the index, but that doesn't mean newcomers won't get lost. Some of the logos didn't link back to your index.

It's great work tho, keep it up.
  18. theWOOK Jedi Knight

star 1
    Norv.

I used MS front page.

Orig.BG

I will fix it...thanks
  19. YodaOnMyLeg Jedi Knight

star 3
    If I am not mistaken you can download a "light" version of MS Frontpage (FrontPage Express). I prefer Visual InterDev myself, but Dreamweaver from Macromedia is also a good tool. It has a good GUI interface and is easy to use.
  20. Naboo Queen Jedi Master

star 4
  21. Jedi_Dad-1138 Jedi Master

star 2
    "But you will still need someone to put it all together. Otherwise you will have multiple people doing multiple uploads, which could lead to source control problems."

Hey Yodaonmyleg,

This would not be a problem if it were done right. Each person could take care of a different section. Just take a look at the 501st web team and see how thet have the workload split up. It can be done. We just need to work as a team. Some people in a SIG of this type wont even want to design or upload a page. They may only want to provide artwork or ideas on content. I think that with the right rules in place, turning the web site into a SIG would be a great change. Not just in workload for any given person but in adding dimension to artwork and content also.

Later
    Jedi Dad
  22. YodaOnMyLeg Jedi Knight

star 3
    I agree with you JediDad. I know it can be done. It would be cool to have a IK web group, with a graphics team that would help out with logos and such. I was just saying that we have to organized.

I sound like that guy from Chicken Run, "Dem chickens is organized."
  23. QUEEN-KARENDALA Jedi Master

star 4
    "the chickens are revolting !!!!!

[face_laugh]
  24. OriginalBryGuy Jedi Youngling

star 1
  25. Incom4 Jedi Master

star 4
    Sorry all...just re-read this thread and saw the S.I.G request.

We will be having a officers meeting before the general meeting and I will bring this up and let you know what is going on at the general meeting
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.