main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tampa, FL Check out my Tusken Raider Costume I'm Making

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Skaught, Oct 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skaught

Skaught Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2001
    I'm in the process of making a Tusken Raider costume by hand. This involves building the mask (now complete, except for dirt!), sewing the robes, and making the gaffi stick from scratch. Here's the mask:

[image=http://www.skaught.com/starwars/images/tusken_mask1.jpg]

So far I've put about 30 hours into the costume. I'm nearly finished with the robes. I also have vintage British bandoliers, just like those used in the film, to top it off. I'm very happy with the results so far, so I'm happy to share it with you guys. However, I can't see worth a darn in this thing! If the small eye holes aren't enough, the tinted lens I put in fog up!

This is my about the tenth costume I've done (I think). My last one was Dengar, which also required lots of construction (my favorite part is the backpack). Before that was my Snowtrooper, for which I sewed a coat that I got right the first time. I'm still amazed at how I pulled that off!

Anyway, I know some people think the 501st is just some guys and girls who buy plastic and don't put any effort or craft into their suits, so I wanted to show how wrong that misconception is. I've vacuformed my own parts even. It's tons of fun and if anyone would like to get involved in costume construction, I'd be happy to offer any help I can!

Scott

2. Jedijace007

Jedijace007 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2002
    Awesome costume Skaught!

onward!

3. Darth_Lego_Maul

Darth_Lego_Maul Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2005
    Looks great! I may take you up on your offer for costuming help. I just got into costuming and I'm a good seamstress, but it is the rest of what goes into putting a costume together that I may need some help with. Right now I've started a couple of costumes: Padme's white battle outfit (a simple one that isn't giving me any problems), Leia's slave outfit, Mara Jade, an Imperial Officer, and Leia's ceremonial outfit (another one that isn't too bad). I really liked costuming as soon as I started thinking of what I was going to make, which is why I ended up starting a bunch of them. I'm having a great time with them so far. Any helpful hints would definitely be appreciated.

4. HippieTrooper

HippieTrooper Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 31, 2005
    Its come a long way since I last saw it, looking good Scott! Excellent post!
    Later

5. Sereana_Nightstar

Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2002
    I was just thinking that Bert...I didn't even recognise it that day....Looking forward to seeing the progress of the costume Skaught... Are you planning to wear it in the St. Pete. Christmas parade? or another event?

6. Skaught

Skaught Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2001
    Yes, it's debut will be the parade. I'll bring my 4-year-old along as a jawa, too!

Scott

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.