main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Check out the Peter Pan Trailer

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by JaredE, Nov 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JaredE

JaredE Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 6, 2003
    ILM is making the new peterpan thats due out this Christmas. Effects look good, the Tinkerbell is awsome.
    http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/peter_pan/large_new.html

2. malducin

malducin Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    Digital Domain, Imageworks, R!ot and Weta Workshop also contributed to the film. I liked the croc (apparently done by DD), one of the flyovers over Never Neverland and the mermaid creatures in particular.

Here's a few details on the project:

Peter Pan- ILM 550+ shots, Digital Domain 200+ shots including the CG crocodile. "Brevig managed the shooting of Hook's miniature pirate ship for long shots, with miniaturebow, stern and upper masts tracked to the full-scale middle section filmed by first unit in Australia."

There are couple other films left for this year: Timeline opens next week, and Stuck on You. There are also some recent trailers released for some of their projects like Harry Potter 3 and The Day After Tomorrow.

3. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    Peter. Pan. Not. Again. Oh. Please. Not. Again.

4. malducin

Oct 23, 2001
    That was constructive ............. NOT!!!!

This version is attempting to be a more faithful interpretation of the book.

5. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    I think this film is gonna rock, it looks really, really good.

The swordfights look fantastic.

6. malducin

Oct 23, 2001
    On the other hand I find the wier-fu (in particular the spinning) to be the most distracting and out of place element. On the other hand most of the rest looks dead on.

7. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    The movie looks pretty good.

8. BobTheGoon

BobTheGoon Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 21, 2000
    malducin, remember that peter can fly. I don't think you'll see Hook doing spins and flips.

9. malducin

Oct 23, 2001
    It's not a matter that he can fly (I jnew that). What I'm referring to is that spinning movement he has (probably after being hit). The fad now is to use those kung fu moves in most action sequences nnowadays. heck there was even one in the second Harry Potter film. It looks out of place. My complaint is studios and directors putting that stuff in to hype a film regardless if it's appropiate or not. For the worst example of this abuse check out the Musketeer with Tim Roth, Mena Suvari and Stephen Rea.

Hopefully that's the only instance of that.

10. JaredE

JaredE Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 6, 2003
    I hear what your saying. Lets see something NEW!

11. Friend_of_Skylark

Friend_of_Skylark Jedi Knight star 5

May 19, 2002
    I just have to pop in and say that this film looks like it's going to be super badass. I hate how everytime I gush about the trailor to someone they say "oh, so it's a prequal to Hook..."

It looks like it's going to be so dark and awesome. I love dark awesome movies, especially when based on a children's fairy tale.

12. DarthLazious

DarthLazious Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    If its as good as Hook then I am gonna go see it since I liked Hook.

13. EM_AintaGrinch

EM_AintaGrinch Jedi Youngling

Dec 4, 2003
    Well, this is clearly not going to have the same tone as "Hook", so don't hold your breath. It does look like it could be pretty cool (I can hardly wait to see what they do with the Croc). It was sort of weird, though, how you go from all this darkness, to a shot of (I assume Peter) flying from (I assume Hook's) ship with all these sunset-like hues and the pink and stuff. I mean, why is everything dark and night-blue, huh? Is this Neverland or the Mines of Moria? Seriously.

14. DarthLazious

DarthLazious Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    I hope its Neverland.

15. malducin

Oct 23, 2001
    Because the action takes place at night ;-).

Seriously a lot of that stuff is art direction and cinematography. You want sad, tense depressing, etc. moments to be bluish or dark and happeir ones with warmer colors. Happens in a lot (or most) film where lighting and color are used to set the mood. Ever wonder why in many films at the lowest point for the hero it rains?

Genre films are heavily art directed. Heck the LOTR films are an extreme example of this.

Yes I wouldn't count on Hook. This film will be darker as it'll stick closer to the original story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.