main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL Check this out.... Any takers?

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by SeaTrooper, Jul 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SeaTrooper

SeaTrooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 21, 2001
    I found this on the Fan Film Forums. I was wondering if anyone felt like getting involved in this.

Buzz

Greetings,

Asking for volunteers on this board seemed to work fairly well for some others, and I've been meaning to do this for awhile, so here goes...

The script which is being pretty much cowritten by myself and Chris Hanel calls for some flashback sequences. However, the scenes that aren't flashback sequences are set on an abandoned ocean beach. And I need help with that, cause I'm landlocked in Kansas. I hope to show off some of that really cool looking Kansas landscape and a sunset or two, but I digress.

For the ocean scenes (there are only two or three, plus intro) we need of course a director for the unit, a cameraman w/ at least a 1 megapixel mini-DV camera, and three characters, which are:

A man in his 30's to 40's, athletic build, ability to act emotional scenes a must.
    A boy, perhaps 6-8+.
    A girl, 15-20+, old enough to be knowledgable about a person's feelings.

All three are Jedi, or used to be, and having your own costumes would be spiffy. If you don't, then I hopefully will be able to spare some of the budget for them. The scenes also require two lightsabers, which I can provide.

Thanks for any help you can provide. If you fit all or part of the suggested requirements we'll take ya. If you are interested in volunteering, I can let you read the script once it is complete and Chris gets back from his biking tour.

Please, help me!

Chris
    -----signature-----

Chris "Janz" Walker
    Episode I Shipset - http://episodeishipset.skywalkeronline.net/
    New Jedi Order Project - http://njoproject.skywalkeronline.net/ - Spotlighted on THEFORCE.NET!

Seems easy enough!!!!

2. Sandy

Sandy Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 16, 2002
    Ah Hell ....

I guess I can volunteer to do the filming/DV taping on this one. I can only think of two 40-ish guys in this group who don?t claim to be a chauffer and I wouldn?t say either one of them could act, much less act emotionally, unless the emotion is pure rage and anger. Admittedly, one has been studying acting so I could be off the mark in one case. This could be Mayo?s big break assuming she doesn?t fall down any more and force the writers to alter the script to include the very first SW teen neon-green armor. No idea about the young lad he requested.

Anyone else want to help this guy out? I won't get involved unless at least Buzz and Jay are also in the leaky boat.

Buzz, are you going to contact this guy and get a script and find out how much time/effort this might involve? I'm presuming this would be a one day event for us but it might be more.

SW Reference, if you're ghosting on this thread, this could be a good opportunity to mix with some of the group.

Ia, this would be a really good chance to get a feel as to how much time/effort is required for getting a script on tape. You and the UCF crowd should make it if you could.

So, who else is willing to help this guy?

Sandy

3. Wolfgang_Treadwell

Wolfgang_Treadwell Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2001
    Agh, you guys really don't want me to remodel my bathroom, do ya?

Sure, I can help out. Especially since it'll be "shoot and forget". :)

4. SeaTrooper

Jul 21, 2001
    I'll write after Kung Fu class, and a half-miler in the pool tonight.
    Buzz

5. Sandy

Jan 16, 2002
    Buzz,

Anything further from this guy or do we consider this to be noise in the wind?

Sandy

6. Ia-Bou

Ia-Bou Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2001
    hey what are all the details on this?? are they lookign for actors as well? I dont quite understnad

7. Sandy

Jan 16, 2002
    Buzz,

Any answer from this guy. If he hasn't gotten back by now, I'm deleting it from my radar screen.

Sandy

8. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    Im still confused about what this whole thing really is ?!

Ia

9. Jauhzmynn

Jauhzmynn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    I have a Jedi costume AND a saber already, but I live way down in Ft.lauderdale area. :-( I LOOK like 15 or slightly older than that according to people in my neighborhood. They wonder when I'm going to graduate High school. :D When in rality I'd graduated from college.

Anyone going to do a fan film in Ft.Lauderdale?

Mynn

10. Kwi-VanArk

Kwi-VanArk Jedi Youngling

Jul 28, 2002
    Hi,

I would like to know more about your future fanfilm and if I could get a part? I'm 35 and have a Jedi costume. I could send you pictures of myself at Celebration 2. I have a video camera and lights.

Take Care,

Kwi-VanArk (Kevin)

11. SeaTrooper

Jul 21, 2001
    I had to bow out of the project for personal reasons. I did refer him to the Orlando forums if he wished to contact anyone else.

Look at all these Jedi...... more to slake the thirst of my dark blade...... it screams for the vicious play of Jedi sabre light.......

So nice to meet you!

12. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    you know..someone needs to write a short script about a jedi who turns to the dark side and someone they knew as a jedi comes to turn them back to the light side of the force and then they end up dieng...I really want to play a part like that :)

Ia

13. Sandy

Jan 16, 2002
    Someone = Ia

Simple equation.

Buzz,

Nice to see you back. I thought someone stole your internet money or something.

Sandy

14. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    so I write a 200 page script and now I have to write al of my ideas? No ones goiung to put all of them on paper for me?
    :p

Ia

15. Wolfgang_Treadwell

Dec 10, 2001
    I think there was a story already like that. It was called Return of the Jedi. ;)

16. Sandy

Jan 16, 2002
    Ia,

Pretty much ... however I'll be happy to criticize the formatting and choppy dialog.

(This has been happenning to me a lot lately so I'm looking for someone ... anyone ... to take it out on).

Sandy

17. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    hey that reminds me sandy, werent you going to email me what a real script looks like????

agentscode@iloveapple.net

Ia

18. Sandy

Jan 16, 2002
    I did ... a couple of times. I thought I was just being snubbed.

I'm not sure if I used the same address you just posted though. Let me dig through my e-mail archive and get them and I'll resend. It may take a couple of days.

Sandy

19. Wolfgang_Treadwell

Dec 10, 2001
    Sandy, if you have examples of correct screenwriting formatting conventions, why don't you use them? [face_devil]

Ia, that book I mentioned at the July meeting was _Screenplay_ by Syd Field. Should be in the UCF library. Would be a nice supplement to Sandy's script samples.

20. Sandy

Jan 16, 2002
    Ouch ....

(Picking myself up off of the floor now).

Actually, I thought I did. If you have another format, please forward me a scene before I embarass myself further -- when you get back from your well deserved vacation of course.

Sandy

21. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    haha! ...body slam to the ground!!whew hoo!!

22. Sandy

Jan 16, 2002
    Wow, nice to know the vultures are circling looking for vulnerabilities.

Note to self - Never fall down again.

Sandy

23. Wolfgang_Treadwell

Dec 10, 2001
    sorry...rough "vacation" (which was hardly that)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.