main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Check this out...

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sturm Antilles, Feb 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    "Jabba the Hutt's cavernous, smoky Presence Room stank of spilled intoxicants and sweaty body armor. Guards and henchmen, dancers and bounty hunters, humans and Jawas and Weequays and Arcona lay where they'd toppled, crumpled under arches or piled in semi-private cubicles or sprawled in the open."

-- "We Don't Do Weddings : The Band's Tale" by Kathy Tyers, Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina, 1995

---------------------------------------------
    "It smelled bad up ahead -- mostly of spilled intoxicants and sweaty body armor, but of other, less pleasant things as well."

"...Around Jabba were crowds of guards and henchmen, dancers and bounty hunters, humans and Jawas and Weequays and Arcona."

-- "And The Band Played On : The Band's Tale" by John Gregory Betancourt, Tales from Jabba's Palace, 1995

I only noticed this from listening to the "Weddings" audio drama religiously, and then coming across the passage in TfJP.

2. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    LOL, that's pretty funny.

3. RogueJaina

RogueJaina Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2001
    Funny? I don't understand why that's funny. Please clarify for my sleep-deprived brain. (It's an addiction!)

4. Doikk-Na-ts

Doikk-Na-ts Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 20, 2002
    That's why we don't do weddings!!

5. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Interesting a similer quote in two different stories in two different books, by two different people, LOL.

6. RogueJaina

Jul 6, 2001
    BUT WHY IS IT FUNNY?

7. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Because two authors quoted each other. While this would be plagiarism in most cases, being a shared universe it's allowable.

But it's kind of funny to see it happen.

I'd really laugh if it was a running gag, and showed up in tales of the bounty hunters as well.

8. RogueJaina

Jul 6, 2001
    Ooh, okay. Sorry, I'm really tired, but I can't bring myself to go off to bed. I get it now, I guess. :D

9. Sturm Antilles

Jun 22, 2000
    Interesting a similer quote in two different stories in two different books, by two different people, LOL.

It's also the stories of two different bands. [face_laugh]

10. RogueJaina

Jul 6, 2001
    Now THAT'S funny. See, I just can't think right now.

11. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Maybe "Renuzit" markets a brand of Criminal Air Fresheners which Crime Lords and Hole-in-the-Wall Cantina owners can buy to make their establishments smell more like they're supposed to.

New Brand:
    "Spilled Intoxicants and Sweaty Body Armor"

I mean all of the other crimelords would think Jabba's soft if his place smells like B'omarr incense all of the time. Just like if Chalmun's cantina didn't smell inviting to filth, the filth would stay away. And what's the point of trying to own a filthy bar if you can't get any filth to come.

12. Sturm Antilles

Jun 22, 2000
    Curiously, this new brand of air "de-freshener" seems to attract a lot of guards and henchmen, dancers and bounty hunters, humans and Jawas and Weequays and Arcona.

13. JadedofMara

JadedofMara Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    Lol that is pretty funny.

14. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    ROTFLOL

15. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Heh Heh, :).