main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Check this out...

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by DonC, May 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Go to:http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/001/248ipzbt.asp . What do you think? Remember we're talking movies only. Not EU stuff.

Here's a link here.

2. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Well, I don't think he's right, but I will say this. Lately, I've been contemplating our own government with 9/11 and all that, and I've come to the conclusion that the US isn't all that different from the Republic. We have Bush in the White House who some accuse of setting up the whole 9/11 incident to make himself look good (sorta like Palpy did) or if he legitimately wasn't part of it, that he was informed about it in advance and did nothing. The US is on a pedestal that all the other countries aspire to become, and whenever someone is on top, there's always someone below them trying to move up. And I once heard a theory that all governments eventually turn into dictatorships anyway.

Well, that's what I've heard. These are my thoughts. We have a president who's daughters are caught drinking underage; his predecessor fled the country during a war because he was a druggie, and when he was put in control, he forgot his vows and played the O.J. Simpson "I'm famous so acquit me" card. This country was founded as a religious sanctuary, but yet we can't put the word "God" on our money, but no one has a problem collecting cash. We have a First Amendment right to say whatever we want, but yet the Chaneys and Gores (essentially representatives of the government) are attacking Eminem for saying all he says. If that's not hypocrisy, I don't know what is. And we have become so cocky that we have become vulnerable (I think we should inform the Senate that our ability to use the Force has diminished). And I haven't even started talking about conspiracies, and I won't even go into that. Kennedy was one of the greatest Presidents we had, and they assassinated him because of that fact. Ironically, the last great President we've had was Reagan, and he was behind the Star Wars missle defense system. All I know is America is the greatest country on the planet, and we have a decent government, but it IS rather inefficient and could be a heck of a lot better.

3. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    It is and only is his point of view. Nothing more.

4. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    too much to read, I only got as far as the title...sigh...

5. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    While everyone is entitled to their opinion, I never thought I'd see someone actually support Palpatine and the Empire; and think it's a good idea for this country.

"discussions of intrinsic intent must necessarily revolve around the movies alone. You may disagree." Yes, I would say so. Just because this guy doesn't think EU matters, that doesn't make it valid.

"I'm going to ignore it because it doesn't speak to Lucas's original intent" are you sure, or does it just ruin yours?

"Which makes the rebels--Lucas's heroes--an unimpressive crew of anarchic royals who wreck the galaxy so that Princess Leia can have her tiara back" Yeah, and D-Day was just the biggest party crash in the history of the world.

What kind of publication is this? "Neo-Nazi Weekly?" Who needs personal freedom and democracy when you can just get into a "Death-Star Waving Contest" with anyone who has thier own thoughts. And to base your "theory" on a select amount of information (non-EU) is to realize that your manifesto is as "frelled" as any other fascist garbage.

6. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    I liked his article :) For once, someone who stands up for the bad and not the good (in the Star Wars universe anyhow). Considering I always root for the bad guys and not the high-and-mighty good guys, I saw that article as a fresh new view on the Empire and I'm totally with his views. Unlike all the rest of most Star Wars fans who follow the leader and become fans of pansy-a$$ Luke Skywalker and his band of rejects. Ok well there were a handful of cool "good guys" like Yoda, but still, they are no match for the power of the Dark Side. It's good to see the truth being told and someone has to stand up for it. Nice article all around.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.