main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN Check your hotel reservations for C2 ASAP!!!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by RocketX, Apr 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RocketX

RocketX Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 24, 2002
    I did not hear anything for a while so I did some calling to check up on the reservation. For those who do not know May is race month in Indy and hotels are a hard to find. I reserved my room in November through the fan club. This is what I just recieved.

We regret to inform you that due to circumstances out of our control, the Omni Severin Hotel is oversold over the dates of May 3-5, 2002. We have, however, secured a reservation for you at the Westin Hotel at the same group rate. This hotel is conveniently located in downtown Indianapolis, and is connected to the Indiana Convention Center.

We apologize for any inconveniences that this may cause you. If you are interested in obtaining your confirmation number, feel free to call the Westin directly at (317) 262-8100..

Thank you for your cooperation.

Sincerely,

Mark Moore
    Director of Operations

I think I dodged a bullet, but Mark did inform me that they are full-including the real expensive rooms!

2. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    That's where I'm staying too George :) However, tomorrow, April 11th is the day to confirm them. Today Wizards is supposed to be turning in their blocks of reservations to the various hotels. Thanks for reminding us. ;)

3. RocketX

RocketX Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 24, 2002
    'I've got a bad feeling about this'
    If after all of this time I don't have a room I'm going to go Palpy on someone!
    I just heard from the Wizards travel office. Confermations will be made after April 14, 2002, not April 11 that we were told. They have had some 'difficulty' with the number of reservations they recieved. I was able to get a real phone number to contact them so you can speak to a real person 1-800-923-0017.

4. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    Yup. I spoke with them yesterday, and the person verified my reservation and said that I would definitely be staying at the Westin for those nights. However, due to the volume of reservations made, it is taking longer to get them the blocks of reservations than previously anticipated. Plus, the individual hotels, then have to input them into their system. She told me that they are telling everyone to call the hotels on Monday now. Don't panic yet! ;) If worse comes to worse, and your reservation got eradicated, I have a good friend that may still have space available over at the Country Inn & Suites I believe. I'll put you in contact with him if this happens. ;)

5. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    I checked my reservation, too. Here's what I got:

We regret to inform you that due to circumstances out of our control, the Kinney family house is oversold over the dates of May 3-5, 2002. We have, however, secured a reservation for you at the neighbor's house at the same group rate. This house is conveniently located in suburban Muncie, and is across the street from our house.

We apologize for any inconveniences that this may cause you. If you are interested in obtaining your confirmation number, feel free to call your Mom directly at <number removed>.

Thank you for your cooperation.
    -Mom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.