main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Checking awareness of general public on....

Discussion in 'Community' started by BaronNoir, Oct 16, 2012.

1. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    Canada is Hoth.
    http://starwarspoodoo.blogspot.com/2011/02/hoth-vs-canada.html
    Ok, sure, I realize that a grand 0.03% of my pageviews are from dear old Canada, so Canucks, if you happen to see this, take no offense. I think you guys rock. Seriously, eh?
    A Get Fuzzy Sunday comic from several years ago (it's on my Star Wars clippings wall...), along with my recent interest in Canada (well, Canadian jokes, actually) led me to realize that there is a striking resemblance between Hoth and Canada.
    And it's not just because they are ridiculously cold.
    Eh? So here's what I've come up with.

1. -Hoth is ridiculously cold.
    -Canada is ridiculously cold.

2. -At any given time, Hoth has one of the lowest population densities galaxywide.
    -Canada has the 4th lowest population density worldwide, clocking in around the same as Australia.

3. -Hoth is on the outer rim and thus far away from all the party planets.
    -Canada is... far away from all the parties.

4. -Tauntauns communicate by saying "Eh" (listen to them, it's pretty much true...)
    -Canadians communicate by saying "Eh"

5. -Rebels had a pretty spiffy base on Hoth while they waited to make a move.
    -Some UFO crazies are trying to convince the world that there are alien military bases in Canada, where aliens are waiting to wipe out the human population...

6. -A day on Hoth has 23 hours.
    -An hour in Canada has 22 minutes.

7. -Hoth's neighbor, Bespin, is a planet that is slightly obnoxious and at one time was led by a black guy, with a bald guy as second-in-command.
    -Canada's neighbor is a nation that is slightly obnoxious (guess who) and, guess who's in office in the US right now? (However, although I won't disclose my own opinions on them, I will state that Obama and Biden are not nearly as awesome as Lando Calrissian and Lobot.)

8. -Wampas have funny accents
    -Canadians....

9. Well...

[​IMG]
    Hoth​

[​IMG]
    Canada​

See what I mean, eh?

2. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2008
    I like how you mix facts with stereotypes and nonsense. You should go into politics.

3. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    I clicked on this thread expecting something important or relevant. :(

WIERD_GREEN_MAN likes this.
  4. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    I dislike the current premier and I live here. But everyone had to learn the hardway on this one.

5. SoloKnight

SoloKnight Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    1) The women's national soccer team had an awesome Olympics after a terrible World Cup. I liked that. Also, Christine Sinclair.

2) Back in '05 (I think), you legalized gay marriage nationwide so that's all good.

6. Obi-Zahn Kenobi

Obi-Zahn Kenobi Force Ghost star 7

Aug 23, 1999
    Also, mayonnaise is disgusting.

Freaks.

7. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    I'm originally from Minnesota, so, yeah, I like Canada and no, my opinion has not changed.

And Minnesota is also a lot like Hoth in that it is very cold in the winter.

8. mrsvos

mrsvos Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2005
    I've actually had several pleasant experiences in Canada. I've been to Niagra Falls, the mall in Edmonton, and traveled the highway from Washington state to Alaska. Thanks ya'll.