Checking interest....

Discussion in 'Springfield, MO' started by 92SE-R, Nov 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 92SE-R Force Ghost

star 3
    It's been a while since I've been on the boards, family and work....
    Any way there is a reason for my post.

My brother-in-law is thinking about making some custom lightsaber handles, and was wanting to see how much interest there would be in them. I told him to churn one out first, and then we would be able to get a better guage on interest. The main reason why he is making them, is to try and help his group at OTC with funding their Moon-buggy project. Not too sure on prices just yet, but they would probably start around $35 for real basic stuff, and go up from there.

I will probably post pics up in the next few days, after he gets one done, and might be able to bring one to a meeting in the future.

Figured I would give you guys a heads up.
  2. Nikana- Jedi Knight

star 2
    /wave!
    Long time no see!

Anyway, I think it's safe to say that all of us have some interest in lightsaber hilts!

We'd love to see you at a meeting too!

Also, for everyone, please be sure to register at our website www.springfieldmofanforce.net

We'll be posting news and updates on things to come so keep an eye out :)
  3. Darth_Mordus CR Springfield, MO FF

Chapter Rep
    star 1
    SHYA! I am always interested in new saber hilts. Look forward to the pics.
  4. 92SE-R Force Ghost

star 3
    I saw the pictures on Friday, as did Nikana. Basic designs. I will try and get them uploaded, and posted.

Also, I think he was talking about making a hole in the middle, to put a dowel rod in. :D
  5. 92SE-R Force Ghost

star 3
    one more thing before I forget...
    They are all going to be milled/lathed out of solid aluminum, if IIRC. the extra pieces would be CNC machined, more than likely.
    Also, he said that if someone wants custom work, like designs they want on their handes or stuff like that, they would just need to give him a drawing, and he would see what he could do.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.