main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Cheesehead Haven

Discussion in 'Community' started by Armenian_Jedi, Nov 16, 2006.

1. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    what happened to the pass defense? they were one of the best in the league, and lately it's been somewhat pathetic...

EDIT

and that'll kinda seal it.

:snoopy

2. Armenian_Jedi

Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost star 7

Mar 14, 2003
    I hate my life.

3. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    I hate Bob Sanders and Mike Stock.

I do love that Packer fan that knocked the ball down that was getting tossed to the Carolina fans. Best pass coverage I've seen in 2 weeks.

4. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
  5. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    I can't believe how bad our Special teams have been lately. Today and last week, were so bad. They lost the game today. I blame them more then I blame the defense. That was horrid kick off coverage.

6. Armenian_Jedi

Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost star 7

Mar 14, 2003
    Hell, I blame Jackson and Kuhn too.

on 2nd and goal from the 1 yard line with the game tied at 28, Jackson couldn't get in.

on 3rd and goal from the 1 yard line with the game tied at 28, Kuhn couldn't get in.

Mason Crosby kicked the 19 yard field goal and we were up only 31-28... this game should have gone into overtime and who knows what could've happened there. But Jackson is the one that really disappointed me. He had such a great game and he just couldn't get it done when it counted.

7. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    Give me Brandon Jackson over that waste of money Ryan Grant anyday. I'm tired of hearing the announcers saying that he's finally coming around every week. Are they watching taped 2007 games? What am I missing here?

I think they should've gone for it on 4th and goal with 2 minutes left. Even though I have little to no faith in our defense, I think we could've held them from going 99 yards if we didn't score. All of those losses by 4 points or less came down to piss poor coaching. I expect McCarthy and staff to be gone after this season.

Why did they keep running it at the goal line anyway? Rodgers was on fire during that drive. Which reminds me, Julius Peppers is a *******.

8. DAR

DAR Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2004
    In a way I'm glad they lost this game and the playoffs look to be very slim. The winner of this division is going to be ahead of some better teams in the NFC South and NFC East when it comes to the draft. This team needs some players especially on the defensive side of the ball.

9. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    My dad brought up a funny point today. With Mike Holmgren "retiring"(I use the term loosely since Favregate), and the possibility of McCarthy and Thompson being gone after this year, do you think Walrusman will finally get the job he wanted in Green Bay 10 years later? [face_laugh]

10. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    thompson won't be gone. and there's no guarantee that mcarthy will either.

11. Darth Dark Helmet

Dec 27, 1999
    Yeah, they'll both be back, I think McCarthy's coaching staff will see some changes, but he'll still be here.

12. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    Frost will be gone

Hopefully the first of many changes in our special olympics teams.

13. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    I'm really not that disappointed with Thompson. I mean, I think it's safe to say that without him, we wouldn't have half the team we have right now.

Really, I'd chock up our current suckiness to our youth. We're the youngest team in football, and in games like yesterday's, it shows. Thomspon has put together a great team full of talent, they just need some time and experience.

This time next year, the Pack will be in the elite of the NFL.

14. Darth Dark Helmet

Dec 27, 1999
    Some of the problems are coaching. McCarthy hasn't done the greatest job calling plays, and they're penalized too much. I think there will be some big coaching staff changes next year. But, Thompson has done a very good job of building a team. Its not there yet, they need some OL and DL help, but its getting there.

15. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    I will admit one thing I miss with Favre is leadership. Rodgers will get there eventually but all of these young players need someone to step up right now. It's like these guys don't have any heart.

16. Django211

Django211 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 6, 1999
    I think the Pack are actually going to win the division. Despite being behind the Vikes & Bears right now. They have the easiest remaining schedule. Losing the Williams' are going to kill Minnesota. They get to play Detroit next but then they have Arizona, Atlanta & the Giants. Minnesota will be lucky to go 2-2. The Bears have Jacksonville, New Orleans, Green Bay & Houston left. Green Bay will play Houston, Jacksonville & Detroit. When they play the Bears I think they'll both be 7-7 & the winner takes the division. After the thrashing they gave the Bears in their last game I think they'll win again. It kills me as a Bears fan to even think of it but that's what I think will happen.

17. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    The year 2008(and I mean starting in January) has been the most emotionally draining year you could ever have as a Packer fan, and frankly, I just want it to end. All of these heartbreaking losses just kill you. I just want it to be over now.

At least Kapinos got a ton of practice time.

BTW, those were the worst officials I have EVER seen in an NFL game. They reminded me of I.C. Nothing from Mutant League Football.

18. Darth_Eradycus

Darth_Eradycus Jedi Master star 1

Jun 5, 2004
    Yeah, they played like crap today. The refs didn't help, either. It seems like every time the Packers score, their defense falls asleep and lets them run down the field and get a score back. The d stepped up for most of the game, until it really mattered on that last drive. Bad blocking, penalties, piss-poor tackling... same theme all year. That's on the coaches. They've been too lax on the discipline all year. It started in training camp with the lighter practice schedule. Instead of avoiding injuries, they got lazy. They really need to get rid of there O-line coach, def. coordinator, and a few of the def. assistants. McCarthy is part of the problem, too, but I wouldn't get rid of him yet. Can only hope for a better draft position and that the Jets make the SB so we can have an extra 1st rounder. Lots of glaring weaknesses to fix. Plenty of D-line Fa's this year (barring the franchise tag) so we can only hope Teddy would just open the wallet for one. I hate having to look forward to the draft and off-season when there's still three games left.

19. darthplagus90X

darthplagus90X Jedi Youngling

Oct 4, 2008
    It could be worse.

We could be lions fans.

20. Darth_Eradycus

Jun 5, 2004
    It will be worse if we lose to the lions, and they go 1-15. ;)

21. Django211

Django211 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 6, 1999
    I really thought that the Pack would pull it together after routing the Bears, but that loss to Houston killed their chances.

22. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    I read that Justin Harrell is hurt again. I nominate him for The Tony Mandarich Award, which goes to draft busts. Hey, congratulations Justin! Piece of crap.

23. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    i look at it this way, the pack is young and will likely only improve. although finding a consistent] running back would help drastically.

24. Darth_Eradycus

Jun 5, 2004

I think that may be part of the problem they are having with the tackling, blocking, penalties, and inconsisitant play. they need a little veteran leadership. can't really expect 23 year olds to give you that. But that can easily be fixed in FA.

25. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    Ted Thompson probably doesn't even know what FA stands for.