main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Cheesehead Haven

Discussion in 'Community' started by Armenian_Jedi, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Jedi76

Jedi76 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 28, 2002
    The problem I seem to see with the Packers and yes even though I am a diehard Vikings fan I will check out the Pack when the Vikes don't play it seems that the leauge has figured out how to beat Rogers. Also it didnt help you guys lost Barnett for the year he seems to be your anchor on D and he is a hell of a player I might add along with Kampman. Now you lost the Offensive lineman Traucule sorry if I spelt his name wrong. As far as the boys in purple go this streach has always scared the crap out of me as loyal of a Vikings fan that I am I am not blind to the fact that when they are in the divison lead something always seems to happen and they blow it. If they go 2-2 todays game the key is for the Vikes go get pesure on Warner the Cards have no running game and thier D for the most part sucks. The Falcons will be a tough test as well but with the Wall playin along with Jared Allen they should be able to cool down Ryan rookie of the year btw and turn down Turner the Burner. The Giants hopefully will have everything clinched so they will just play the scrubs same thing with the Vikes if they have the North sewn up. So basicly today and next week are goin to be the biggest tests for the Vikings. They should still win the divison they just need the Bears to lose once. Wich means for 1 week I may have to cheer for the Packers yuck lol

2. Armenian_Jedi

Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost star 7

Mar 14, 2003
    where are you getting that from? Rodgers has not been the problem. In the last two games(both losses) Rodgers has 5 touchdowns and 2 interceptions, and almost 300 yards a game while completing 64% of his passes. So how has the league figured out how to beat him? They haven't done anything to him.

In fact, if you look at the entire season so far, Rodgers has had 2 bad games, 3 average games and 8 great games. There's a reason why he has one of the highest passer rating's in the NFL...

3. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    When your defense gives up 500+ yards in a game, your QB is not the problem.

That said, so far so good today. Jacksonville's fairly depleted on offense, but these are the type of games that jump up on you if you let them. If they can keep it up and get a win here, that would be terrific.

4. Armenian_Jedi

Mar 14, 2003
    Packers have 5 losses by 4 points or less this season... and it looks like they're trying to make it 6 losses. :(

EDIT: the jags were nice enough to fail at the two point conversion to keep their lead at 4, just so the pack could add that 6th loss to the stat

5. Ki-Adi-Mundi_fan

Ki-Adi-Mundi_fan Jedi Master star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    So, umm.... how many games are the Packers going to lose in the 4th quarter this season???? :mad: [face_not_talking]

6. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    I want to ******* break something.

7. Armenian_Jedi

Mar 14, 2003
    see ya later Mak.

but I agree with you dude. :(

EDIT: smart edit buddy. ;)

8. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    Yeah I think I got it off in the nick of time.

I think the person we should say see ya later to would be Bob Sanders.

9. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    *shakes head* i don't know what's happened to the packers D this year. is barnett really that important?

bob sanders?:confused:

:snoopy

10. Darth Dark Helmet

Dec 27, 1999
  11. icqfreak

icqfreak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 1999
    Putting aside the fact that our defense is attrocious in the 4th quarter, Rodgers has had his chances this year to lead a game winning drive, but has not succeeded yet, including today.

Hate to make a Favre Rodgers comparison, but favre has the 2nd most 4th quarter/ot comebacks for a reason, he's clutch when he needs to be. Favre throws a lot of picks, but usually not when the game is on the line at the very end and is still winnable. Hopefully Rodgers can over that hurdle soon.

12. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    In the regular season, yes.

Today proved again that the vintage December Brett Favre left the building a long time ago. The Jets aren't sitting pretty if you ask me. But I swallowed my pride and I admit this Packer team would've been better with #4 under center this year, but in 2009, would Rodgers even have been on the roster?

Rodgers will eventually get over that comeback hurdle. But he shouldn't even be put in that position. I heard a funny but ridiculous call today on the postgame show. Some guy suggested they should've kept Favre to be a closer for 2 minute situations. [face_laugh]

Anyone else worried about the Lions? I'll be on suicide watch if we lose that one.

13. Darth Dark Helmet

Dec 27, 1999
    Actually, Rodgers has lead the team on a number of late 4th quarter scoring drives that took the lead or tied, he did it today, against Carolina, against Houston, the only problem has been that he leaves time on the clock, and the opposing team has been able to score at will. And they score so quickly, that it leaves the illusion of a comeback. Think about most 4th Quarter comebacks. How many of them succeed when they start with a minute left on the clock? Rodgers keeps leading comebacks, the defense is just horrible they can't make them stand up, no matter how much time is left on the clock.

14. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    I think what made this loss so frustrating was that they held the Jags to 7 points through 3 quarters. The D actually looked good for most of the game but they absolutely collapsed in the 4th quarter.

Well, let's at least get a sweep of the Bears. That's always something you can feel good about.

15. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    Well, maybe since Favre had a poor performance yesterday, that means Tony Kornheiser won't have his face buried in Favre's crotch like usual tonight. I wouldn't count on it though.

16. Darth Dark Helmet

Dec 27, 1999
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Seriously, Aaron Rodgers just can not catch a break. Good OL play on that FG attempt. [face_beatup]

Edit: And there's that Patented Packers D we all love.

17. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    Only the 2008 Packers could find a way to lose this game. Fire Bob Sanders and Mike Stock TOMORROW. A couple of imbeciles right there.

Now if you'll excuse me, I gotta take a Packer and wipe my Green Bay.

18. Armenian_Jedi

Mar 14, 2003
    With the way Aaron Rodgers has been playing this year, this season truly is a disappointment. He's been nothing short of spectacular and he's not getting any support from anyone.

19. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    [image=http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u237/penskepower/embarassmentbowl.jpg]

20. Darth_Eradycus

Darth_Eradycus Jedi Master star 1

Jun 5, 2004
    Wow. I thought they were gonna give it away there for a minute. The d finally finished a game, even if it was the Lions. Now I'm depressed. No more football for the Pack. Where did the year go? Oh well, guess we get to look forward to the draft. And to see if we actually dip into the FA pool(not holding my breath).

21. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    Next year, we turn it around. :)

I was kind of upset with the Packer fans at Lambeau that were chanting 0-16. Come on, we have more class than that. And it's not like our record is anything to brag about either. And it's the Lions, we're not exactly bitter rivals. They'll remember this next time we play them.

22. Armenian_Jedi

Mar 14, 2003
    Disappointing season... but all those close losses will turn to wins with experience, we're still a young team. I'm looking forward to next season.

23. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    My brother sent me a very interesting e-mail. Favre's 2007 stats compared to Rodgers' 2008 numbers:

Season G QBRat Comp Att Pct Yds Y/G Y/A TD Int
    Favre
    - 2007 16 95.7 356 535 66.5 4155 260 7.8 28 15

Rodgers
    - 2008 16 93.8 341 536 63.6 4038 252 7.5 28 13

Oh, and LOL

He doesn't deserve that money anyway. His inconsistency all year is one of the reasons for our record.

24. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    That comparison is pretty interesting, and makes me think even more that Thompson made the right call. Rodgers had one heck of a year this year.

25. Darth Dark Helmet

Dec 27, 1999
    Best News I've heard all week.

This, coupled with the Special Teams coach "retiring" makes for a good start to the off season.