main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Cheesehead Haven

Discussion in 'Community' started by Armenian_Jedi, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Armenian_Jedi

Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost star 7

Mar 14, 2003
    Our defense has too much talent to have played that poorly. That's on the coaches as far as I'm concerned.

2. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    Here we go again

If the Vikings come to Green Bay in late December I'd love to see this happen. Seriously though, Favre needs to hang it up. It's getting sad.

Thumbs up on the Dom Capers hire. I also like getting Kevin Greene for OLB coach. It's about time we get someone with cojones on the sidelines. It seems to me that our defensive staff was too soft and it showed on the field.

I'm praying we get Julius Peppers. I'll forget the cheap shot he put on Rodgers back in November. OUCH

3. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    My sister met a drunk Mark Tauscher at a Milwaukee bar last night and I kid you not this is how it went down: she asked him what he thought about the Super Bowl and his reply was "Ahh, **** the Super Bowl."

Then she asked if the team misses Favre: "Yeah...we miss him, we really miss him...****!" Then he took his drink and went outside for a few minutes. Then he came back in and tried dancing with my sister and she was totally grossed out, even though she's a diehard Packer fan like me.

Wow is all I have to say. [face_laugh]

4. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    *bump*

Defense looked awesome last night!

5. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    Yeah, the defense was outstanding tonight. 4 picks? The most impressive defensive was when Chicago had 1st and goal, late in the game, and they held them a field goal. Last year, Chicago scores on their first play there.

O-Line had some issues, especially at right tackle. They didn't run block well, and Rodgers was under pressure most of the night. But, they got it done when they needed to, and any win against the Bears is a good win.

6. Armenian_Jedi

Mar 14, 2003
    I think the defense is still gonna look rocky through most of the season though. The switch to 3-4 is never as smooth a transition as it seemed last night. Last night was most likely just a good game for the defense, but not what's to be expected for the whole season.

7. DAR

DAR Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2004
    Good teams pull out wins like that. Last year Chicago would have marched right down and scored on us. Now we still have work to do. I'm still uneasy about Crosby but I assume he'll correct things. And if Allen Barbere is going to be a turnstile than oh boy that could be a big problem. The offense had trouble most of the night but that'll be fine. Defense looked great except for surprisingly Woodson. I thought he had an off night. But we're 1-0 beat a division rival. And the best part of it I get to hear Chicago radio the next day after a Bears loss. Always good times. My favorite sound bite from former Chicago Bears Doug Buffone and Ed Obradovich on their post game show, Cutler couldn't hit sand if he fell off a camel. =D=

8. Armenian_Jedi

Mar 14, 2003
    So we got the Bengals then the Rams.

Looks like we got a good chance to be 3-0 when we go to face Favre in week 4

9. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    The Vikes could quite possibly be 3-0 too (Lions and 49ers). Should make for a good atmosphere. Though I'd be much more worried about Peterson than Favre. :p

10. DAR

Jul 8, 2004
    I won't exactly quote the Wolf from Pulp Fiction, but after seeing that first half against the Bengals.......

11. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    charles woodson is playing amazing so far. hope he stays healthy.

12. DAR

Jul 8, 2004
    Well that was just.....awful

13. Armenian_Jedi

Mar 14, 2003
    yeah, that blew...

14. DAR

Jul 8, 2004
    And it's official, Nick Barnett is a jag.

15. DAR

Jul 8, 2004
    It's a win, it wasn't pretty at times but it's a win.

And you know seeing how the Bengals beat Pittsburgh, I'm not feeling too down about the loss last week now.

16. Armenian_Jedi

Mar 14, 2003
    Rodgers has 4 touchdowns and 0 interceptions through the first three games of the season. I like it.

17. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    FYP. No jinxing!

The defense looked a little better, still some bad tackling. And the O-line still needs to figure something out.

18. Armenian_Jedi

Mar 14, 2003
    FYP?

**** Your Post? lol...

19. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    indeed. the bengals are shockingly good this year.

20. DAR

Jul 8, 2004
    You know whenever I hear someone say that the Packers forced Brett Favre out, I point to the the press conference on March 6, 2008 where he announced his retirement from the Packers and the NFL. Then I point to later that summer where the Packers gave him the opportunity to come back and he didn't. The Packers did everything right.

21. Armenian_Jedi

Mar 14, 2003
    Yeah, the Packers were never in the wrong there IMO

After he retired, the Packers drafted two quarterbacks, that was all because of him. The team made irreversible personnel decisions based on his actions, and they had no choice. He messed up their draft by wanting to unretire.

22. DAR

Jul 8, 2004
    It starts at the line, both offense and defense. We've got some work to do.

23. Armenian_Jedi

Mar 14, 2003
    We better beat the Lions tomorrow. This season can either be saved or destroyed completely in this game IMO

24. DAR

Jul 8, 2004
    If you win 26-0 it usually means you're pretty flawless, but that was one of the ugliest wins ever. But I'll take it.

25. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Meet the Lions :p