main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Cheesehead Haven

Discussion in 'Community' started by Armenian_Jedi, Nov 16, 2006.

1. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    Holy moly, another great win.

Anyone else dreading the 2 week Detroit/Dallas stretch?

2. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    Darren Sharper knows Brett Favre is playing some of the best football of his career, and the Vikings safety has seen the highlights of his former teammate completing touchdown passes of 79, 82 and 60 yards in the Packers' most recent victories at Denver and Kansas City.

So what does Sharper think of Favre's success on those deep passes?

"Some of the throws he's making, I just hope he tries that against us," Sharper said Monday. "Those 50-yard balls over the middle of the field, we'll see how much success he has."

The Vikings (3-5) will play the Packers (7-1) at noon Sunday at Lambeau Field.

Sharper, of course, is very familiar with Favre. The two played together in Green Bay for eight seasons and the Favre-led Packers went to the Super Bowl when Sharper was a rookie in 1997.

"I can't remember him playing any better than he's playing right now," Sharper admitted.

Sharper joined the Vikings in 2005 and often talked about his desire to get an interception against Favre. That happened last December when the teams played in Green Bay.

He nearly had another pick in the Vikings' 23-16 loss to Green Bay on Sept. 30, but it was nullified by a penalty.

Favre attempted 45 passes in that game and broke Dan Marino's NFL record for career touchdown passes. Sharper is hoping Favre again tries to put on an aerial show with some deep shots.

"I just see him throw the ball up over the middle of the field very high and very long, and I like when quarterbacks do that," Sharper said. "He did that last time we played him."

Why don't you tell us about that great play you made at the end of the 98 NFC Wild Card game you dirtbag?

I know I'm being biased, but I think it's uncool to talk trash about a legend of the game.

3. Armenian_Jedi

Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost star 7

Mar 14, 2003
    especially a legend that you played with.

4. TK-421-

TK-421- Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 25, 2003
    You guys are overracting,nothing he said is a big deal.If you want real trash talk give a listen to the ownage Ray Lewis put on Adalius Thomas.

5. Armenian_Jedi

Mar 14, 2003
    Adalius Thomas isn't one of the top 10 linebackers of all time.

6. TK-421-

TK-421- Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 25, 2003
    What's it matter?What Sharper said was not a big deal.

7. imperial_dork

imperial_dork Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2003
    I'm more worried about them losing to the Bears again.

Okay. Not really. :p

8. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    I think that there's no reason that we can't win both of those games.

But I wouldn't be surprised to see us lose them, as well.

9. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    "Some of the throws he's making, I just hope he tries that against us," Sharper said Monday. "Those 50-yard balls over the middle of the field, we'll see how much success he has."

This makes me laugh even harder when I think of all the times Sharper has been beat deep, and been completely ineffectual in trying to tackle a wide receiver.

But, the only thing that gives me worry for the next two games is coming off two, tough road wins, they might be a little bit spent. But, McCarthy has been pretty good at getting the team ready to play.

10. Darth_Eradycus

Darth_Eradycus Jedi Master star 1

Jun 5, 2004
    Can someone please explain to me why most of the "experts" keep saying that New York is better than GB? They haven't beaten any team, other than Washington, that has a winning record, and they got crushed at home by the Packers.
    On a side note, can you imagine how good the Pack would be if they could cut down on the 13+ penalties a game? I've noticed a lot of really bad calls this season by the refs, not just against the packers, but against Denver and KC... hell, in almost every game that I've seen. There have been HORRIBLE calls everywhere that have been game changers.

Edit: Can't wait for the Thanksgiving and Dallas games!! They are winnable and could set us for home field.

11. Armenian_Jedi

Mar 14, 2003
    they keep saying that because it's true.

New York has a more balanced team. They have a passing game, a running game and a good defense.

Green Bay just has a passing game and a good defense. Having no running game is gonna hurt us as the year goes along.

12. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    I'm kind of glad this team isn't getting any respect. Really, isn't that the way you would want it?

13. PRENNTACULAR

Dec 21, 2005
    No respect?

Last time I checked, the Pack was in the top five in both the SI and ESPN power rankings.

14. Darth Dark Helmet

Dec 27, 1999
    That was one of the most dominating performances from a defense that I've seen in along time. Yes, the Vikings have no QB, but when you only let a team posses the ball for 20 minutes, and when the guy who ran for 300 last week only gets 45 before leaving the game hurt? That's domination.

The game was doubly cool in that I got to see it live at Lambeau, which is always a beyond awesome experience.

The game against Dallas on the 29th gets bigger every week. It could very easily be 10-1 vs. 10-1 for home field advantage.

15. PRENNTACULAR

Dec 21, 2005
    You got to see the game live?

I'm super jealous.

Amazing game by us. I'm on cloud nine. Great defense, great running, great passing. We had it all.

16. imperial_dork

imperial_dork Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2003
    lol @ the Vikings!

That was just a great game all around and they had enough class to put Rodgers in and not run up the score *cough*Pats*cough*. :p

[image=http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/2703/img1553hg0.jpg]

17. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Yeah, any respectable team puts in their backup QB at that point in the game. Even when they "only" have a 30+ point lead.

Kudos to the Pack. Nobody outside Wisconsin would have predicted they'd be as good as they've been this season.

18. Armenian_Jedi

Mar 14, 2003
    Favre's on pace to throw for almost 5000 yards :p

19. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    Anyone even see Darren Sharper out there yesterday?

I'm glad they took Favre out. After the Peterson injury you never know if the Vikes had cheap shot on their minds.

20. Darth Dark Helmet

Dec 27, 1999
    I saw him take out his own DB (Who had a real shot at the ball) on the final touchdown to Martin. I saw him play about 15 yards off Driver on one play and give up a 15+ yard catch for a first down.

21. Armenian_Jedi

Mar 14, 2003
    Greg Jennings caught a pass and Darren Sharper hit him hard immediately after, but Jennings held on to the ball.

Kinda reminded me of TO catching the game winning TD in the wild card game against the niners. Darren Sharper hit him immediately after but TO held on to the ball.

Sharper needs more power. Glad he's not with us anymore.

22. Darth_Eradycus

Darth_Eradycus Jedi Master star 1

Jun 5, 2004
    I saw on one of the highlight reels that on the first TD to Ruvell Martin, the Vikings only had 2 guys rushing and 9 in coverage and Favre still found an open receiver. I guess that answers my question about how good they can be if the play mistake-free football.
    Check this out, at about 2:47 into Week 10 Brett Favre Highlight video.

23. Armenian_Jedi

Mar 14, 2003
    After the Minnesota game, I'm moving the Packers ahead of the Giants. This is the first game where Green Bay actually had a good run game. (I don't count the Denver game because Denver has a horrible run D) Minnesota has one of the top run defense's in the league and Ryan Grant tore them up all day.

And now we have the 3rd best scoring defense in the NFL, only giving up 12 more points then Pittsburgh and 1 more point then Seattle.

24. icqfreak

icqfreak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 1999
    Pack is 9-1, another 3 td 100+ passer rating day for favre. 4th mvp anyone???

25. DAR

DAR Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2004
    Only if Brady wasn't having the type of year he is.