main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Cheesehead Haven

Discussion in 'Community' started by Armenian_Jedi, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Armenian_Jedi

Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost star 7

Mar 14, 2003
    I'd say Favre is far more valuable to the Packers then Brady is to the Patriots. Brady has so many weapons its not even funny. Favre has one proven guy in Driver and a bunch of first and second year players.

2. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    You could have made that argument at the beginning of the year, but not anymore.

Nobody can stop our five-wide set. Nobody. And that's because we have one of the best receiving corps in the NFL, coupled with an emerging threat in Lee.

3. Armenian_Jedi

Mar 14, 2003
    I'll give you Greg Jennings... but come on, James Jones? drops passes and has fumbling issues.

Donald Lee has dropped more passes this year then Antonio Gates has in his whole career.

4. PRENNTACULAR

Dec 21, 2005
    Jones and Lee are inconsistent at this point, but you can't say that they suck. I'd at least put Jones/Robinson on the same level as Wes Welker.

5. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    Actually, Jones hasn't had too much of a drop problem so far. There have been some, but its not a problem, he's a rookie still getting used to how hard Favre throws the ball. And his last fumble was in the Bears game. Ruvell Martin has proven to be a very good 4th or 5th option. He had 2 TD catches last week, and has a number of big catches on third down this year. Korne Robinson is still learning the system, but even in two weeks, he's shown that he can contribute to the offense. As he learns the offense, he'll get better. So yeah, we have five legitamite WRs that we can put out in the 5 WR set. Five that can beat you, make a catch and pick up yards after the catch.

6. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I have a confession. I'm watching this game and jinx be damned! :p
    They are doing so well, how badly I've missed them! [face_love]

W00t! Another TD!!!!

7. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    Trap game? What trap game? Bring on Dallas.

8. Armenian_Jedi

Mar 14, 2003
    OMG

you're so lucky we won. If we lost and I came on here and found out you watched, I might have never spoken to you again. :p

9. PRENNTACULAR

Dec 21, 2005
    Change your sig, A_J!

Also, I think we should start a bunch of threads harassing all the resident Cowboys fans (ASG), because we're totally going to beat the 'Boys next week.

10. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000

LOL Believe me, when Detroit scored their TD, my excitement diminshed, just like Favre's smile. :p I considered turning it off but in my heart knew he'd never let them catch up. :D :D

As for Dallas, I want them beaten, but if not would rather see a losing game now then when it might boot them out completely. :D

Always thinking positively. [face_peace]

11. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    I predict a shocking win in Dallas and we beat them again in the playoffs in ICE BOWL II. And hopefully that will shut up those Dallas loving buttheads at ESPN.

12. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    lol, I really don't understand why you think it's a guaranteed win for the Packers.

In most cases, the Cowboy's numbers are better. They may have better passing stats, but that's because that's all they do, is pass the ball. Before anyone brings up that whole game or two where they did run the ball, be sure to look at the run defense they were facing. To add to that, GB does have a good defense, but they haven't faced an offense anywhere near as explosive as the Cowboys have this year. Making a comparison to other teams they've played this year, is just plain unwise.

The Cowboys have homefield advantage, and that's the only thing that makes me think they have a razor thin advantage. Their one loss was to the Patriots, while the Packer's one loss was to the lol Bears.

I mean when it comes right down to it, they're very similar teams as far as strengths and weaknesses go. They've both had the same strengthness of schedule. No one is going to be able to say with any certainty who's the better team, until after they play.

As far as ESPN being all over the Cowboys? Please, they've been kissing Favre's ass all season long. Don't even try and act like GB hasn't had equal coverage with the Cowboys when it comes to NFC coverage.

I'm not sitting here boasting that the Cowboys are going to dominate, I honestly think it could go either way. However, I think it's a bit premature for some of you to be claiming dominance before the game has even been played.

13. PRENNTACULAR

Dec 21, 2005
    Before anyone brings up that whole game or two where they did run the ball, be sure to look at the run defense they were facing.

Like the Vikings, rite?

Yeah, their run defense sucks.

Anyway, I agree with pretty much everything else ASG said.

Except that, like the Patriots did, the Packers are going to be able to spread out the Dallas defense with the five-wide set, forcing Williams to go into pass coverage, which is something that few teams the Cowboys have faced this year have been able to do.

I'm pissed that I don't get to watch this game, as I think it'll be great.

14. imperial_dork

imperial_dork Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2003
    Should be a good game.

I'm trying to rally my usual Sunday Pack crew into showing up at the bar, but Thursday games are usually a pain for everyone. :(

If anyone has a right to complain, it's us West Coast people. Granted, the Seahawks aren't exactly tearing it up this year, but still... :p

15. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Mad enough to complain to your Cable company? That's what the NFL is counting on. Mad enough to switch to DirecTV or Dish Network? That's what the cable companies are counting against.

Glad I've already got Dish Network and I get to watch the game.

16. Armenian_Jedi

Mar 14, 2003
    Since Ryan Grant became the full time starter, the Packers have played 5 games. Ryan Grant did good in 4 of those games(and 3 consecutive good performances)

The 4 teams he had good games against? Denver, Minnesota, Carolina and Detroit.

Denver and Carolina are ranked 29th and 20th in rush defense in the NFL. But Minnesota is ranked 1st in rush yards allowed and 2nd in average per carry. Detroit is ranked 9th in rush yards allowed and 8th in average per carry. And it's worth mentioning that even though Carolina is ranked 20th in rush yards allowed, they're ranked 4th in average per carry.

So that's 2 top 10 run defenses and another average run defense that he had good games against.

But you're right, he had a good game against Denver, he must be horrible.

EDIT: Oh, and Inty, I hate you. :)

:p

17. ApolloSmileGirl

Jun 18, 2004
    My point really was that both Dallas and Green Bay have had a fairly equal match when it's come to their opponents this year. They have the same record. I'm not saying at all that the Cowboys are going to win this game, I just think that Green Bay fans need to realize that there is by no means any reason to think that the Packers have an automatic win is all. :)

18. Armenian_Jedi

Mar 14, 2003
    Who said that the Packers had an automatic win?

19. ApolloSmileGirl

Jun 18, 2004

20. Armenian_Jedi

Mar 14, 2003
    no comment on what Prenn said but all Mak did was predict a victory... he didn't guarantee it or anything.

he even said it would be a "shocking" win. As in, it would be an upset.

21. ApolloSmileGirl

Jun 18, 2004
    AJ! I demand a sig bet! :D

22. Armenian_Jedi

Mar 14, 2003
    You got it mister.

or ma'am. or whatever.

what do I got to put in my sig if the Packers lose?

oh, and I got you a present. :)

[image=http://www.fansedge.com/Images/Product/31-70/31-70103-F.jpg]

23. PRENNTACULAR

Dec 21, 2005
    I was just getting in the zone, man. You just don't understand my infinite nature.

That said, I think the reason a lot of Green Bay fans are acting up is that most of the major sports networks and pundits are picking Dallas to win, when as you and I agree, that's not automatically the case.

24. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    Anything can happen in todays NFL. Did anyone think that AJ Feeley and the Eagles could hang with the Patriots in New England?

I'm so thankful one of the Milwaukee stations is going to show the game. They are my heroes.

25. Armenian_Jedi

Mar 14, 2003
    I hate you Mak. :)