main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC Cheesesteak party/RenFar Pirate outing

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Darth_Twilight, Aug 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    Lemon wine? Odd and yet I'm interested at the same time. Hey anyone here ever try Jewish wine? The actual name escapes me at the moment but it's very sweet, a good dessert wine really.

2. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Do you mean Maneshevitz wine? (and yeah, I'm sure I spelled it wrong) I've never had it myself, but I've heard people who don't care for wine like it because it's kind of sweet and grape-juicy.

3. F16WarBird

F16WarBird Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 5, 2004
  4. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    That's it Eugenia, and if it's misspelled, well after a couple of bottles of the stuff no one ever seems to care anyway.

lol

5. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    I don't care for wine unless it is kind of sweet.

6. Darth_Minx

Darth_Minx Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 20, 2003
    I like plum wine...yummy!

7. ecila

ecila Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2002
    In the back area of the ren faire there actually is a small booth that actually sells all sorts of odd wines - I think I remember blackberry was one but I was already a bit intoxicated by that point, so the memory is a bit foggy.

Anyway, red wine, white wine, grape wine, lemon wine, its all good with me!
    ;)

When and where is everyone meeting? I may be able to join this pirate outing.

ecila

8. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    Are a bunch still leaving from your house, Chrissy? I'll be leaving from Alexandria, myself. I can taste the mead already. Plus, I'm making a new outfit this weekend!

9. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    I'm leaving from Chrissy's house that day, but no new costume for me for the Ren Faire, I have 2 Halloween costumes I'm trying to get done in time. Since I didn't dress up last year for Halloween, I have some catching up to do this year. :p

10. Darth_Minx

Mar 20, 2003
    Bah, Halloween. We're missing it again this year.

I'm leaving from Chrissy's house as well. I suppose at some point we need to discuss what time we're leaving from Chrissy's house :p

11. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Your crashing at Chrissy's house as well Minx?

Ok who exactly IS crashing at Chrissy's house after the party?

12. Darth_Minx

Mar 20, 2003
    No, I'm just caravaning/carpooling from there to Ren Fest.

13. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Very cool. :D

I was thinking everyone was going to try to cram into Chrissy's apartment Saturday night... talk about cozy. :p

14. Darth_Minx

Mar 20, 2003
    Since I live about 20 minutes away, it would be silly :p

15. Darth_Twilight

Darth_Twilight Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 14, 2005
    As for the Cheesesteak party, I'd like to get a bit of a head count as to who will be here, so I can buy refreshments and stuff. Also, someone was saying they'd bring plates or something? If people could bring some soda or other drinks that would be welcomed! :)

As for the ren fair, what time does every one want to be there? I know we'll met up with some in the party, like Eugenia and Ken. Shall we meet when they open at 10? That means we ought to leave my place, what 8:45? Does that sound right? It takes about an hour to drive I think.

I am, drum roll please, wearing a costume for the ren fair, for the first time in almost a decade. I'm hoping it won't be too hot that day, heh.

16. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Ok I'll be there with rolls, Cheez Whiz & a bottle of Jewish wine. :D

17. Darth_Minx

Mar 20, 2003
    8:45 seems fine to me. Stallion...you want to carpool?

Target and I will both attend the cheesesteak party. We'll prolly bring some drinks and some sort of snack or sidedish....

18. Grand_Moff_Stallion

Grand_Moff_Stallion Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 13, 2005
    Are we carpooling to the party or the renfest? I can do either one. And I'll be bringing my world famous cheesecake to the party, but it's not the traditional kind, so if anyone else is thinking of bringing cheesecake, feel free. :)

19. Darth_Minx

Mar 20, 2003
    I guess both, Stallion, depending on when you want to go to either. We can work it out. Sunday we can carpool to Chrissy's again, then caravan to Ren Fest with everybody else :p

20. strangebehaviour

Aug 11, 2002
    at this point I am still planning on going to both events. and Minxy, are you going to get your tattoo this time? :D

21. Darth_Minx

Mar 20, 2003
    The henna? Hell yeah! I'm beelining for the tatoo place first thing. You coming with me?

22. strangebehaviour

Aug 11, 2002
    sure, maybe I'll get one. :)

23. Darth_Twilight

Darth_Twilight Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 14, 2005
    Me too, I usually get one every year myself...normally some kind of dragon on my leg, but I might do arm this time, depends on what I'm wearing. If its going to be warm like today, then forget the costume, LOL. I'll wear it when I go to the PA faire.

And, I'm willing to break my diet for a banana fritter.

24. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002

Sweet! Is it your famous arsenic cheesecake? Can't wait!

I'll be at the cheesesteak party, but Ken has a bachelor party to attend that night, so you just have to see him at the fair. What I'll bring remains a mystery. If anything is especially needed, let me know.

And I hope to leave nice and early for the fair - but given that Ken's going to a bachelor party the night before.... well, we'll see. He can just suffer, right?

25. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Hey those getting married? :)

Yeah drag Ken out nice and early for the Ren Fair and make him suffer some. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.