main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA Chef's Market-- Napa, September

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ShasaWaterwalker, Jun 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    yep I have room

2. MaraJadeEmperorsHand

MaraJadeEmperorsHand Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 22, 2002
    That is really wonderful of you guys to go out and support a community program like that, way to make a difference!!!

3. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    We're Rogues, that's what we do. ;) Well, that and wreak havoc all across Nor Cal.

Oh good, now AJ and Howie can go to Sac Con. See, things work out when we work together. :D

4. Malkai_14

Malkai_14 Jedi Youngling

Apr 6, 2004
    are you going to sac con??

5. ShasaWaterwalker

ShasaWaterwalker Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Now.. if you guys want.. :D

There is a stage. For those that remember their fight scenes for the movie... maybe we can put on a short show.

(not like I remeber every move)

but it's a thought.
    There will be some children performers at times.
    But there is a lot of time that the stage will be free and it has been offered to us.

6. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Oooooo....Howie, bring your practice blades! Howie could very easily have kicked my butt if it wasn't scripted that I kick his. ;)

7. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Directions from the Davis area courtesy of MapQuest

I-80 West towards San Francisco
    Merge onto Jameson Canyon Rd./ CA 12 towards Napa
    Slight right onto CA 12 W/ CA 29 N towards Downtown Napa/ Lake Berryesa
    stay straight to Napa Vallejo Hwy/ CA 221 N
    Napa Vallejo Hwy becomes Soscol Ave.
    turn Left onto First St.

Hope this works! See you all Friday!

8. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    The event is up on the Fanforce mainpage, and sometime today you will notice it on the www.TheForce.net mainpage on the lower right-hand side under TFN/Fanforce.

FanForce Main page

TFN Main

I have post-dated the announcement so your event should stay at the top of the list till Friday morning.

9. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Sweeeet! Thanks MJF!

10. ShasaWaterwalker

Oct 18, 2003
    WOW.. Thanks MJF!!!!

And a big thanks to Tionne for posting directions.

11. ShasaWaterwalker

Oct 18, 2003
    I found this little blurb online, just to help you understand Chef's Market.

http://www.napadowntown.com/calendar_display.html?ID=7

12. ShasaWaterwalker

Oct 18, 2003
    I want to thank everyone for comming out.

Child Start was very grateful for your help.
    The raffle tickets you sold raised over $200.

Tionne, I hope you had a great party after.
    Sorry I couldn't stay.
    *hugs*

Thanks again guys!

13. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    CR REPORT:

Well, I believe that, after all the Rogues faught the traffic, accidents and grass fires on the freeways, and finally made it to Napa, a fun time was had by all. We were definately the talk of the Festival. A speacial thanks goes out to SFFF, Jedhead1, Jedi_Tenken, DarthVader79, AnasianSkywalker, Eva, and Angelica. Heads were definately turning when Jedi's would walk by. Even AJ had a couple of very hot hotties ask him if they could hold his "light saber." ;) I got my fingers cross the girl from Universal Studios emails me AJ, and gives us a job. ;) LOL

Shasa said our presence made a difference in the response for the charities we were supporting and working for. That is good news to hear. Shasa, if you could get an accurate count of how much we were able to raise, I would appreciate it. I hope everything works out the best for you Shasa. I am sorry you couldn't stay for the party, but understood completely why you couldn't. Your presence was missed.

And now, for the very special part of the evening. The going away party for TionneHawk. With help from all, we pulled off a successful secret. True Rogues are we, working in secrecy. With everyone who knew, TionneHawk never found out about the party. The cake, thanks to my sister was a big success. And the turn out being as good as it was made it all that more special.

It all started a month ago, trying to figure out a place to have a going away party for Tionne. The most frustrating part about it was trying to nail Tionne down to a date. She has so much going right now, and so little free time, it's hard to secure free time. Finally, I was able to secure a time and place that I knew she was going to be at. Then, to make the flyer and get everyone invololved...

http://swanb.net/SVRF/party_flyer_rsvp_form.html

I was very happy to see the response I was getting from the flyer. And was very much looking forward to yesterday's events. So, when the party came, it was time to really have some fun.

Yes, I do believe I even seen a couple of tears in TionneHawk's eyes. She had no idea it was happening. First, AJ and I, in Jedi gear, entered Pincolonos restaurant, which got a lot of heads turning, made sure they had my reservation, and found out where we were sitting. Then after our booth started closing up, we all decided to go over to the restaurant. AJ lead everyone over to the restaurant while Howie and I returned to my speeder. There, we snatched the goods and the cake. We returned to the restaurant, walked in, saw the group, and started walking to the table. I could tell Tionne was wondering what I had in my hands and when I placed it down in front of her, she gasp'd. I told her, "now you didn't think we were gonna let you get away without saying something about it, did ya?" She was truly touched which made me feel good.

Dinner was good, the conversation had every element known to man, including adolescent sex, mature sex, and the root of all DarthVader79's anger problems. Which by the way, he owes me $500 for that consultation. ;) LOL After paying the check, Tionne thought the party was wrapping up. NOT!! After the checks were paid, and yours truly, the new CR gave his goofy speach, we had one more surprise for our beloved CR. As you all know, when I sent the "secret flyer" out to everyone, I asked for everyone to bring along a 3 inch figure for Tionne to start her collection when she returned home. I was very happy to see everyone had. Tionne received figures from everyone in attendence, and a nice touch was from AJ who also gave her an miniature A-Wing. Then a very special touch was from the SFFF. JedHead1 presented Tionne with a "Chanel" badge. In Chanel's memory, the SFFF designed and created beautiful badges they all wear at the fan force events. Now Tionne has a good start to her figure collection. ;)

To see so many people come out to pay respect to our retiring leader was a very terrific feeling. I thank you all. It was a successful send off to the greatest leader the Sac Valley Rogue Force

14. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    I am glad we made a difference Shasa, it was a lot of fun walking up and down the street shouting about the Raffle Tickets.

I have said it before and will say it again. You guys are the best friends a Rogue could ask for. I knew from the day I met you that you were special people and you have proven it to me in so many ways. I was indeed very very surprised at the lengths LDV and all of you went to for this little celebration. Very rarely do I find myself on the verge of tears, but there were at least a couple moments last night that qualified. Thank you all for your well-wishes and for showing me what true friends are. I'm still not sure I deserve it all, but I'm grateful nonetheless.

Very very very good job keeping it secret. Wow, even a secret RSVP notice. I truly had no clue. I was all set for a quiet dinner with some friends after an afternoon of fund-raising and you all threw a party worthy of Endor after the second Death Star blew. (Without the Ewoks luckily). ;)

*more hugs for all of you* Thank you, the Force will be with you always!

15. ShasaWaterwalker

Oct 18, 2003
    All together with the raffle, wine, and beer. Head Start brought in over a thousand dollars. There are still other funds (hamburger sales) that haven't been figured in yet.

I haven't got just a raffle figure yet. But have requested it.

I really appreciate everyone coming down to help out this worthy cause.

Thank you.

~Rhonda

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.