main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Chessboard: The Laws of Power

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Winged_Jedi, Feb 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Censol Brandl
    Battle of Mizra

The Jedi Master could feel the anticipation in the room. It was useful in a cruel way. The men would be eager to fight, once the battle had begun. And begin, it soon would. His senses ached from anticipation of blood. He did not wish the Battle to begin, but seeing it as something inevitable, he also did not fear it.

It was the will of the force, not the burden of his own morale, that would lead his decisions. And if victory was what the force demanded, it would be a victory he sacrificed his men for. Sacrifice was necessary to win wars. That was a logical conclusion. Once a Jedi took up his arms, it was something he had to accept. That was a testament of faith.

Once the war was over, Censol had decided to withdraw from active duty. Lead a quiet life. Teach, meditate. But for now, he would show no mercy. For mercy was born out of fear, too. Fear of what consequences your actions carried within´ them.

The Twi´lek brought forth was such a creature begging for mercy. His family was in one of the very likely battle-fields. The flank perimeter of both encampments. Baampu wanted to throw this man out of the command center, but Censol Brandl raised his hands.
    "The man has asked a Jedi for help. A Jedi can not ignore such a plead." Censol answered sharply. He helped the man to his feet and turned to the tactical display. "My friend, I am sorry you are caught in our battle that surely is not yours. I can assure you we have not come here for lesser motives, but because we know it is necessary to fight. Necessary for all living beings. Necessary for all our future." He looked the man into his eyes and sighed. "Yet I am powerless to help you, dear friend. Only through the sacrifice of hundreds I could save your family. It is not my place to decide that. It is not me chosen to protect your people. But I can give you some hope. I can offer you a way. That is what I have the power to do. The Sith won´t dare to enter your sector, for my troops are to close. And what we will soon do, will keep them even more busy elsewhere. A full-fledged offensive will soon keep them from coming for you. So, you will have at least two days. To get your family out of there. Not all at once, but one after another. Only one sector away from you, my troops await you. Only one sector and you´ll have all of them saved. Now return to them. You are chosen to save them, my friend. Not I am. May the Force be with you." He smiled and waved to have him brought away.

Then he turned to his aide. The massive frame of Baampu couldn´t hide his surprise. Their had been no mobilization for an offensive. "I cannot ignore the possibility he is a spy." Censol explained. "He will have time to evacuate his family one by one, or he will tell the Sith to worry about an offensive, we will never start. Either way, fear is not the Sith´s ally through him." Censol nodded and looked back at the display of the battle. "Please keep civilians away from us, for now. We want to save them. Discuss with them won´t help us with that." He said and sighed. "Though treat them with respect. They are the reason we are here."

He breathed in, searched the force for any signs of danger. Then he decided to announce his next move. As it felt right to do so.

"We take the outer city, now. The Sith don´t dare to atack. Move infantry from e3 and have them advance, Baampu." He nodded, folding his arms.

[move: e3 - e4]

Tag: Winged

2. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003

"The enlightened ruler is always so mysterious that he seems to dwell nowhere, so inexplicable that no one can seek him. He reposes in nonaction above, and his ministers tremble below."

-Han Fei Tzu, Chinese philiospher

[i]Sith Command Center, Zone E8[/i]

It was [b]Sorin[/b] the human who rushed into relay the latest reports to his Master. Tall, good-looking and well dressed, he certainly brought an air of elegance to the room.

"[b]Valkir[/b] has been taken ill," he explained with the very slightest hint of a smile. "Food poisoning, I believe."

He brought up the familiar holographic tactical display in front of [b]Lord Polcyc[/b], and a single unit of Republic infantry inched slightly northwards.

"As you can see, my Lord," continued the human, "the Jedi have moved their troops at E3 to E4. They have taken the Outer City...for now, at least. Your forces await your command, my Lord."

[image=http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/7145/twelvex.jpg]
    [image=http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/3660/chessboardblank.jpg]

[b]Tag: Sinrebirth[/b]

[hr]

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OzCoswZJTk][i]Zone E4, Outer City[/i]
    [/link]
    In the streets of the Outer City, people finally emerged from their homes and hiding places.

"Battle is coming," explained the Republic commander [b]Braxan Della[/b], who was standing atop an improvised platform, addressing the civilians in the vicinity. "Jedi and Republic forces have worked together to successfully secure the Outer City. For now. This is your chance to flee. You can safely head southwards to the Jedi encampment, and wait there for further instructions. Again, now is the time, we have secured the Outer City."

Braxan hopped back onto the street, adjusting his helmet, a specially modified piece of equipment to accommodate his large Cerean skull. He had expected a posting on the front lines, and this was about as frontwards as they came. Along with the troops in the neighbouring area at D4, they were the closest people to the enemy.

"The men are ready," reported a Sullustan subordinate, saluting.

"Good," replied Braxan. "This really is a beautiful place, you know. I'm going to enjoy taking it back from these Sith scum."

"When can we expect combat?" asked another officer, sitting beside the artillery and munching on rations.

"Orders from the General are to hold position here," said Braxan. "And I trust that man to set us on the right course. As far as I know the Sith have barely left their own fortress yet, but it's only a matter of time."

He didn't say [i]in the center of the City, our chances aren't good[/i], because everyone knew that anyway. Instead, he gestured to the sky.

"The sun's rising, people," he said, the light reflecting in his eyes. "Let's enjoy it."

[b]Tag: none[/b][/blockquote]

3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Polcyc
    Battle of Mizra

And so Polcyc's Sloth was vindicated.

"Valkir has been taken ill," Sorin explained with the very slightest hint of a smile - Polcyc wasn't looking at the human, knowing he had not the interest in remembering the young mans features. "Food poisoning, I believe."

Polcyc continued to watch the hologrammic representation of the battle. In theory, Polcyc supposed that he should have the food stores checked. The Jedi had not demonstrated a prospensity for poisoning worlds, or even their enemies, but this war had gone on for many centuries, and the Republic was poised near collapse - democracy was not designed to last under four hundred years of warfare. The Jedi might have changed. Evolved, perhaps.

There was no need. Sorin's guilt was as obvious as the clothes he wore. Polcyc asked, slowly, still not looking at Sorin. "How unwell is Valkir? Is he likely to recover?"

A particularly sentimental question, it could be said.

"As you can see, my Lord," continued the human, "the Jedi have moved their troops at E3 to E4. They have taken the Outer City...for now, at least. Your forces await your command, my Lord."

Polcyc released a sigh, mentally. Here Polcyc was playing games with his servants, hardly concentrating at all on the battle. With a scowl at himself for allowing Sorin to distract him, even in his obviousness, Polcyc gave an order. The loss of the Outer City was acceptable, in the overall strategic endgame.

"Relocate our Sith Interceptors at G8 to H6 in the Inner City."

Move Knight at G8 to H6

TAG: Winged_Jedi

4. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003
    Jedi Command Center, Zone E1

"Communication from the Grandmaster," said Baampu, handing over a datapad to Brandl. It read:

Greetings Master Brandl,

I regret that I am unable to communicate with you directly at this time. Several of the Council are engaged in battle or mustering troops, and I myself have been locked in combat for several days on Praesitlyn.

Word reaches me that your forces have secured an excellent position in Mizra, though blood has not yet been spilt. I do not need to warn a Master of your experience to avoid underestimating the Sith. Your foe, Polcyc, is among their most prized assets. If he wins this battle, we believe they are planning to draft him in for a campaign within the Core itself. He is central to their plans and must be stopped at all costs. Usually we would take prisoners...but I am ordering you to execute Polcyc if you are able.

I am also aware that Master Sunrider is with you. We already are in need of her leadership on other worlds...I do not like to interfere with your battle plans, but I would ask you to use her sparingly. To lose her against the Sith would be a devastating blow to the morale of our Order.

Take care of yourself, Censol. May the Force be with you.

Grandmaster Vash

By the time Brandl finished reading, his aide was already reporting the latest developments on the battlefield.

"A squadron of Sith Interceptors has taken to the skies. They have moved to the eastern outskirts of the Inner City, at Zone H6. What are your orders, General?"

[image=http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/2439/thirteen.jpg]

Tag: Fins

5. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Censol Brandl
    Battle of Mizra

"Vash." Brandl hissed with disgust, as he read the orders. And deleted the orders. Executing the enemy, keeping precious Jedi back so republic troops were bleeding instead for their victory. He was shaking his head. The Jedi Order was no longer worthy of it´s name. Some asked how the Sith had come so far. He knew. The Jedi had lost their way. They weren´t much better than soldiers, now. Grandmaster Vash believed he would need to win the war through pragmatism? Single Jedi had kept whole Empire´s to fall. When they had been truthful to the force and it´s ways. Faith and Believe was a powerful force. Pragmatism not. The Jedi feared loss of morality? The Jedi feared the use of the Sith General against them? Jedi did not fear.

"Reply: As always Grandmaster, I´ll keep true to the guidance of the force and through the force I shall secure victory. As always Grandmaster, I´ll do what is most logical and reasonable and through that I´ll keep true to the Jedi. Master Brandl."
    He nodded. "That´s all." He said then and turned back to the battle field.

"We are ready for an advancment, I´d say. Send the Jedi Knights to the hills near the fighters and the marauders. With the cover of our troops, they shall seek our first blood."
    He ordered Baampu. He felt anger but calmed himself. The enemy would use any distraction. He would not allow that.

[move: c1 - g5]

Tag: Winged-Jedi

6. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003
    OOC: Finally, looks like we're about to see some bloodshed :p We're getting to the meat of things now. Enjoy the game, gentlemen.

[blockquote]"He will win who knows when to fight and when not to fight.
    He will win who knows how to handle both superior and inferior forces.
    He will win whose army is animated by the same spirit throughout all its ranks.
    He will win who, prepared himself, waits to take the enemy unprepared.
    He will win who has military capacity and is not interfered with by the sovereign."

-Sun Tzu, [i]The Art of War[/i] Chapter III

[hr]

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZY7hLqeLjgY&fmt=18][i]Entering Inner City, G5[/i][/link]

A tram line stretched across the width of Mizra's capital. Once it had operated both ground and air services throughout the City, but it had fallen into disuse sometime ago, even before the Sith occupation. Now even the basic commuter service had been discontinued, but the tracks remained intact, and had long been seen as the unofficial border between the Outer and Inner City.

There were few noticeable differences between the two areas, mused Jedi Master [b]Diath[/b], even as he led his comrades into what was unambiguously 'enemy' territory. The buildings were taller, and the place seemed slightly more affluent, but the people here cowered in hiding just like they did in every part of Mizra, if they hadn't left already. Rich or poor, when the Sith came you hid, you ran, or you suffered. And the first two options very often led to even more of the third.

Diath surveyed his troops- most of them experienced Knights who had served in battle before. There were a few padawans among their ranks, but not many. He knew most of them as well as brothers and sisters, and the Force only strengthened the bond they shared. The leadership of the famed [b]Master Brandl[/b] had only inspired them further.

"The Sith await," announced Diath, as they strode through the streets, sabers in hand but not yet ignited. "To the north-west of our position are their marauders. To the north-east are their starfighters."

"I vote we head south," called out [b]Liam Doneeta[/b], to laughter.

"Sorry, but there's no democracy on the battlefield," replied Diath with a grin. He stopped still, closed his eyes and reached out with his mind, sensing the anxiety in his friends and doing his best to mentally massage away the tension. "Almost time. Let's get ready."

"May the Force be with us," said Doneeta.

"Always," whispered Diath, opening his eyes once again.

[b]Tag: none[/b]

[hr]

To the surprise of his aides (one of them even gasped) [b]Polcyc[/b] had inquired as to the state of [b]Valkir's[/b] health. The handsome human [b]Sorin[/b] had informed him that the poor servant had fallen so gravely ill that he was likely to die in the next few days.

And yet here the Umbaran stood, looking slightly gaunter and slightly paler (if that was possible), but very much alive. Cleary he was made of sterner stuff than might have been expected.

"Apologies for my absence, my Lord," he said, bowing deeply. He managed a thin smile. "But whoever heard of a Sith dying from a stomach upset? I think I recovered out of embarassment more than anything else."

He glanced over at Sorin, who was moodily relaying orders from a communications desk.

"We have news of Jedi movement again," continued Valkir. "Having taken the Outer City, for now, it appears the enemy has grown foolishly confident and have sent a detachment of Knights into the Inner City. At Zone G5. Your forces await your command, my Lord."

[image=http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/8132/fourteen.jpg]

[b]Tag: Sinre[/b][/blockquote]

7. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    OOC: I certainly doubt it, Winged. ;)

Battle of Mizra

Valkir returned, and Polcyc allowed himself a small smile. What an artful recover. "Apologies for my absence, my Lord," Valkir said, bowing deeply. He managed a thin smile. "But whoever heard of a Sith dying from a stomach upset? I think I recovered out of embarassment more than anything else."

"Indeed, Lord Valkir," said Polcyc, lazily giving him the title. Polcyc had no doubt that Sorin's efforts had been particularly murderous, and Polcyc simply didn't have the energy to concern himself with the fool, as he returned to relaying communcations. Polcyc raised a hand, languidly, and squeezed his long fingers one at a time shut, closing the Force around Sorin's throat, taking his time.

Polcyc didn't need to explain why the man was dying. Polcyc was the highest ranking Sith here - it simply didn't matter what his choices were, but many would approve. There was time for intrigue, and it was not now. Polcyc closed his eye, and didn?t even open it this time, as Valkir relayed the act of the Jedi commander. "Move the threatened marauders to sector G6 of the Inner City. Let us see what the Jedi is willing to sacrifice - as we all know, they always balk at the danger of bloodshed."

The Dark Lord of Sloth didn?t pay any attention to Sorin. Nor even open his eye to follow the move. He couldn?t be bothered to worry - why should he? His opponent was doing all the hard work for him!

Rook from F6 to G6

TAG: Winged

8. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003

Almost everyone in the command room stood still, nervously studying the tactical grids. The troops in the encampment were preparing themselves to move at a moment's notice. With Jedi forces having set foot in the Inner City for the first time, it was surely only a matter of hours now before battle erupted.

"Master Diath has crossed the tram line and is in position," said Baampu, saluting General Brandl. "He and his men have taken up cover at the hilley terrain in G5 of the Inner City, as ordered. However, I have received word that the Sith Marauders have moved in response."

He checked his datapad, and there was a moment of complete silence as the room waited.

"The marauders are now situated at G6," said Baampu eventually, his face grim. "They've moved just enough to place themselves directly northwards of Master Diath and his forces...your orders, General?"

[image=http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/7510/fifteen.jpg]

9. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Censol Brandl
    Battle of Mizra

"Polcyc is very . . . reluctant to fight for a Sith, isn´t he?" Censol Brandl mused. As much to his people as to himself. "I´d say he is sitting somehwere, believing everything is going according to plan, while trying to have one. Let us see, how much of his city he is willing to sacrifice." Censol nodded to Baamptu.

He was aware that the first Jedi to fight would be the first to fall. No escape from the slaughter that the battle-field held ready for them.

"Prepare Master Sunrider to move." He spoke out loud.

There would be death, there would be slaughter. But he felt the force and in it only anticipation. Only his logic could fail him, now. The force was with him.

[move d1 - d2]

10. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003
    OOC: My apologies, I forgot about Sinre's left bishop when I put up the last diagram. Fortunately he spotted the error and I was able to edit my post in time. Fins, you are free to change your move if you wish.

Again, apologies. I had a feeling it would happen once, and it won't happen again.

11. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Something felt odd, yeah. I edited my move accordingly. Queen moves instead of pawn. No damage done.

12. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003
    Sith Command Center, Zone E8

There was an unpleasant atmosphere in the heart of the fortress, even considering that it was a Sith fortress. The killing of Sorin had been welcomed by most of the beings in the vicinity. If the human was too weak to effectively dispose of his opponents, then he deserved his fate. He would not be mourned, and certainly not by Valkir, who was looking markedly healthier since his rival's demise.

Still, there was a sense among the servants that they might be next, should they indulge in some of the backstabbing that was so traditional among them. Their Lord had made it clear that this was not the time for such games. But still...Sith would be Sith, and there was always intrigue lurking in the shadows.

The Togrutan face of Darth Megaera shimmered into life in front of her Abyssin superior.

"Lord Polcyc," she hissed. "I am surprised that I have received no word to move. I remain with my forces, waiting for the Ubese to be deployed so that I have the freedom to enter the battlefield. I note my former Master is with the enemy. My spies tell me that she has already left her quarters in the Jedi encampment to take up a position at Zone D2. I am eager to face her, I should be facing her, I-"

As before, she hesitated and bit back on words that she knew she would regret. A wise decision, no doubt.

"But what is your bidding, my Lord?" she asked.

[image=http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/6440/sixteen.jpg]

Tag: Sinre

13. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Battle of Mizra

"Lord Polcyc," Darth Megaera hissed across the hologram. "I am surprised that I have received no word to move. I remain with my forces, waiting for the Ubese to be deployed so that I have the freedom to enter the battlefield. I note my former Master is with the enemy. My spies tell me that she has already left her quarters in the Jedi encampment to take up a position at Zone D2. I am eager to face her, I should be facing her, I-"

As before, Megaera hesitated when Polcyc actually got around to shifting his gaze to her. "But what is your bidding, my Lord?"

Polcyc shifted his eye back, watching his opponent move the Republic soldiers and allowed himself scowl, and looked back up at Megaera. "Your concerns are acknowledged, Lady Megaera. Your Master... Sunrider, I recall? She is far too dangerous to be left free in the field."

The Lord of Sloth looked again at the map, craning his long neck. Brandl had made an excellent move - Polcyc needed to reassess what his opponent was doing. It was time to shatter his offensive, Polcyc sighed, softly. What a pity. The slow and languid matching of minds was considerably more interesting than actual warfare ?Move forward the mercenaries at sector D7 to D5. We need to stall their advance there.?

"And... Valkir, I suppose it's time I spoke to my opponent face-to-face. Dispatch a runner to the enemy camp with this message. 'My compliments General Brandl. I am sad to see that we must exchange blood now'" Polcyc settled in his couch. He wasn't sorry, but he had to play his mind games with the enemy, after all, if he was to win. He wouldn't, however, risk giving his enemy access to his comm. channels.

Pawn from D7 to D5

TAG: Winged_Jedi

14. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003

Battle plans were proceeding as they had done for the last three days now- much thinking, analysing and maneuvering, but still no bloodshed. The Jedi and Sith continued to taunt their foe with their troops, daring the other to land the first blow. The latest intelligence showed that the Sith had moved their mercenaries from D7 to D5...

Baampu was currently out among the camp to check on morale. So far the soldiers had been reassured by the patient, careful strategies of their General, but the longer first blood was put off, the more the anticipation built, and with a Jedi force currently stationed within the Inner City, everyone sensed that the time was almost upon them to war.

When the enormous Boltrunian aide returned to the command center, he had some other news.

"A Devaronian arrived just ten minutes ago, at the encampment entrance. I went to deal with it, and it turns out he was an envoy from Lord Polcyc himself. There was a brief message which went like this:

'My compliments General Brandl. I am sad to see that we must exchange blood now.'

That was all. We kept the runner waiting at the gates, in case there was a message you wished him to send back to his Master."

[image=http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/6178/seventeen.jpg]

15. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Censol Brandl
    Battle of Mizra

The battlefield was pretty much his. The enemy advanced but only to meet his troops already fortified in the outer city. It was time to move.

Cooly he received the massenger´s news and smiled. "Have I agreed to the exchange of massengers? I don´t think so. Then the freedom of this Sith is not guaranteed by the code of combat." He sighed. Smiled at the man. Polcyc´s message was meaningless, he had wanted to gain information about him.
    "Keep this man in custody and have my own massenger stand ready." He answered. Then unfolded his arms and smiled at Baamptu. "But I won´t reply with words for now. All troops prepare for engagment. Infantry shall move into the city center. Jedi and Starfighter prepare for combat. Inform the Grandmaster, we are hours away from first blood and then . . ." He looked at Baamptu. "Tell him I am unavailable due to other duties."

Turning towards the Battlefield he looked onto his tactical display of units. People were behind this small points of light.

"What do you think?"
    Censol asked his aide. "Are we ready for this? Are our men ready?"

[e4 - e5]

16. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003
    Sith Command Center, Zone E8

"The Jedi have moved their infantry forces," announced Valkir, somewhat nervously. "The soldiers at E4 have now crossed the tram lines into the Inner City at E5. Their position is strong. Furthermore, they have taken our runner Michel into their custody and have sent no reply of their own."

Sith forces did not lose heart...indeed, they were often at their most dangerous when they appeared to be in position of weakness...but the atmosphere was rapidly shifting within the fortress. Although neither side had sustained any casualties at all thus far, it felt as if the Sith were losing. A bloodless battle, entirely about maneuvering and position, and the Sith were finding themselves losing ground to their enemy.

But the Jedi could not maintain this tense standoff forever. And when the time came for sabers to be ignited and blasters to begin firing, Valkir was sure that the Sith would come into their own. War was in their blood.

"My Lord," said the Umbaran servant. "Command us."

[image=http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/2865/eighteen.jpg]

Tag: Sinre

17. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Battle of Mizra

His opponent had responded magnificently. As expected, the Jedi had chosen to avoid warfare rather than engage in it. Polcyc felt a riptide of pleasure within him ? intellectual stimulation, after all these years?

?Move forward our mercenaries at sector F7 to F6. It is a temporary deployment, so Lady Megaera can be freed from her position.?

Polcyc spoke, slowly, ?Prepare a movement from this position, my fellow Sith Lords. The battle has shifted, as planned. Make it as public as you like. We won?t be moving immediately, but we will be free to move when I decide.? With a gesture of his hand, Polcyc twisted the holomap around, so the corner closest to Darth Megaera was pointed at him. With the way the soldiers were positioned, now, the front line was at forty five degrees to the original deployment. All Polcyc needed to do was free up Megaera and a few other units, and he could flank his opponent, his enemy far too focused on enmeshing the front.

Simple.

Pawn from F7 to F6

18. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003
    "Battles are won by slaughter and maneuver. The greater the general, the more he contributes in maneuver, the less he demands in slaughter..."

-Winston Churchill

[i]Jedi Command Center, Zone E1[/i]

[b]Baampu[/b] had assured his General that the men were indeed ready, and as if to reinforce his point, messages came streaming in from all the senior officers in the encampment:
    [i]
    "At your word, we are ready to move."
    "We're waiting and prepared- I've never seen the men more eager for battle."
    "As always, we trust in your judgement, General. We're at the top of our game."
    "Your strategy thus far has galvanised the troops. We have complete confidence in you."
    "The Force is with us, General. Mizra will be liberated."
    "Ready to kick Sith ass, sir."[/i]

The now-familiar tactical display in front of [b]Brandl[/b] now shifted once again. The mercenaries stationed in the Sith fortress now came forth, to F6...

[image=http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/756/nineteen.jpg]

[b]Tag: Fins[/b][/blockquote]

19. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    FIRST BLOOD

Censol Brandl
    Battle of Mizra

He felt it in the force, he heard it over all frequencies. It was the right time. The moment had come. Blood would be shed. His soldiers send to murder and die by the will fo the force. He had doubted these moments when he was younger. The anxiety and thrill that came from them. Only after he had found the cold and uninvolved rules of strategy and logic he had learned to read this situations and make judgements not flawed by ambition but only guided by his intellect and the force.

"Open a channel to all soldiers." Censol Brandl ordered Baamptu in a calm tone. No hint of tension in his features or voice. But a slight and secure confidence, unshaken by the suddeny aggressive move of enemy troops.

He cleared his thrat, then spoke. With the passion of a general, guiding his troops.

"The moment has come, my friends. To proof ourselves and bring those whose cruelty has dominated this planet to fall. The force has guided us through many trials and many are still in front of us. But we have stayed true to ourselves. True to what we really are. And against the rock our truth is, our enemy can only break. The Jedi shall lead you into battle, and you shall lead us all to victory. And as I promised, I´ll show you the Marauder´s blood first. Though you shall see, even their worst is overcome by us. United!"

He nodded. Then turned to his com units. "Jedi Knights shall advance forward. Move fast and take out the worst our enemy has to offer. They shall attack the Sith Marauders."

He nodded and his thoughts went out ot the Knights and Padawans who would soon face the raging hordes of the Sith. Should they win, they would even be in sight of their General. Polcyc. A fast beheading of the enemies aries, could spare thousands, Censol knew.

[Move: d3 - g6 Check]

20. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003

Streets of Mizra, Zone G6

As nightfall approached once again, Master Orion led a force of his most trusted Knights out from their position deep within friendly territory, and raced towards the Inner City.

Intelligence reports suggested that the fearsome Sith Marauders, who had been brought into the battle, were now vulnerable. General Brandl's orders had been calm and clear.

A lightning raid behind enemy lines.

Orion and his comrades stormed through the streets, cloaking their presence within the Force until it no longer mattered, and suddenly they were upon their foe. Dozens of lightsabers came to life, and cries of battle rang out. Lightning splashed into onrushing warriors, and was repulsed and absorbed quickly by the Jedi leading the charge.

"KILL THEM!!!" snarled the enormous tattooed savage who led the marauders. Four lightsaber hilts hung from his belt, and he emanated a dark power that was quite unlike anything Orion had ever previously encountered.

Within seconds, Jedi and Sith were doing battle everywhere. Hidden Sith were leaping off from rooftops to ambush their foes below, and powerful telekinetic waves were sending them flying harmlessly away. Amidst the chaos, the savage Sith leader decapitated two Jedi at once with a saber in each hand, roaring his commands to his men. Orion took a brief moment to calm himself, before racing towards his opponent.

Their sabers locked immediately, with the enormous Sith brute using his strength to bear down upon Orion's single blade.

"There is still time to surrender," said Orion, managing to muster up a smile. The Sith savage simply roared, and withdrew from the saber lock, picking up Orion with the Force and hurling him into the ground with such power that a tremendous crack! could be heard from one of the Jedi Master's legs.

"That is what we call Crush," snarled the Sith leader delightedly.

"It hurts," replied Orion, struggling to get back up, and wincing in pain.

The enormous Sith leader flashed a fanged grin, and advanced with his saber raised, when suddenly he stopped. He struggled briefly, before finding that he was quite unable to move his legs. He flailed his gigantic arms, but then they too slowed to a halt. His head became fixed in position, and then even his eyes stopped moving. Moments later his breathing and his heart rate both faded, and faded, until eventually, he was in near-stasis. It took only the slightest of pushes from the Force to nudge him over. He thudded to the ground like a statue.

"That is what we call Morichro," said Orion quietly, getting up and using the Force to keep his balance on his one healthy leg.

With the loss of their leader and talisman, the marauders were soon overwhelmed. Eventually there was nothing left but Sith bodies and abandoned sabers, and a street full of tired but triumphant Knights.

First blood to the Jedi.

[b]Valkir[/b] had his saber in hand, and he was not the only one. In the command center, everyone was suddenly armed, and the guards at the doors were deep in trances to prepare themselves for combat. All across the Fortress, the Sith were marshalling their defenses. The battle was not going as they had planned.

Alarms sounded overhead, long and loud.

"My lord," said Valkir, bowing low before [b]Polcyc[/b]. "We have word from the battlefield. A group of Jedi Knights have dared to attack us in the Inner City at G6. They took our marauders completely by surprise, and destroyed them."

The poor Umbaran could not even meet his Master's eye. Becoming known as the bearer of bad news was not exactly the traditional path to promotion. Quite the opposite, particularly among the Sith. And unfortunately, the bad news was not finished.

"At their current location they pose a direct threat to yourself, my Lord. Their path to us is undefended. We must either abandon our position or immediately neutralise these Jedi."

"My Lord," called a soft, seductive voice from the b

21. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Battle of Mizra

Lord Polcyc ignored the two aides scuttling for his attention. He didn?t have any actual irritation at either of them, not for the moment - many a 'brave' Sith had won the battle, but it was the 'cowardly' Sith who won wars. He had been through this process so many times before ? he?d appear to be facing defeat, deal with some paltry attempt by an aide or sycophant to overthrow him, and crush his opponent in the next half a dozen moments.

Of course, he nonetheless had a role to play.

?Look at how the noble Jedi have acted.? said Polcyc, raising his voice. ?They kidnap our messenger, and now, they draw blood first ? their Code discarded. Hypocrites ? every single one of them. Today they show why the Sith should rule the galaxy. It is the way of the Sith to sacrifice ? and with this sacrifice we will shall have victory!?

His enemy was advancing predictably, and every move was perfect ? which only made defeating him that much more satisfying. With almost enough interest to tug at the corners of his mouth into a smirk, Polcyc watched as the last of his Sith Marauders died.

His opponent simply didn?t get it.

Polcyc spoke, quickly ? well, at a normal pace for most people. ?While our opponent is exhausted, move our mercenaries at H7 to G6 ? kill the Jedi Knights quickly.?

Pawn at H7 to G6

22. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003
    Streets of Mizra, Zone G6

Orion sat among the corpses, meditating. In a flash he saw what was coming, and called his saber to his hand.

The mercenaries poured in from the eastern alleys, announcing their arrival with a flurry of sonic grenades. The Jedi, wearied and unprepared, tried to cover their ears, but many fell to the ground. Volleys of blasterfire rained in from all angles. The Ubese had planned exactly this sort of ambush, perhaps even before the battle began, and they wisely kept their distance while attacking.

"Retreat!" yelled Orion, as the first Knights fell beside him. His comrades stumbled over Sith bodies as they turned to try and head to safety, and laser fire burned into their backs. The surviving Jedi did their best to mount a defense, but they were overwhelmed by sheer numbers.

Orion strode forward, covering his friends and urging them to try and make an escape. He reached out with the Force, yanking some of the Ubese out from their firing positions and hurling them into the air. He sent a forceful telekinetic push into a group of them, knocking them flat into a wall. He swirled his saber around him, creating a dizzying pattern of blue light and an almost unpenetrable defense. But he couldn't deflect every shot.

A stray laser clipped him in his shoulder. He lost the concentration that had been holding him on his feet, and his injured leg immediately gave way beneath him.

Smoke grenades followed the sonic ones, and clouds of smog blossomed into existence. The purpose of the smoke was simple- to mask the two thermal detonators that were hurled in immediately afterwards. The twin silver spheres now tumbled into view, and one of them rolled lazily towards the feet of Orion.

He noticed it too late, and smiled.

[i]Jedi Command Center, Zone E1[/i]

The triumphant atmosphere that had swelled up with the death of the Marauders had now faded away. The latest news was not unexpected, but it was certainly sobering. The communications officers raced around the command center, alive with new determination and resolve. Now that blood had been spilt, everyone was even more united than ever. [b]Baampu[/b] approached his superior, saluting.

"One of our spies has returned," he announced. The Aqualish who had reported a few days earlier now marched in again, wearing Brandl's blaster proudly at his belt. He began relaying his information like before, but this time his tone was subdued and quiet.

"He says," began Baampu,"that he has confirmation of the latest news. Our initial reports were correct. Our Knights at G6 have been ambushed and killed by mercenary forces."

The Aqualish scrabbled around in a bag at his waist, and produced several thin, silver cylinders.

"He says he managed to retrieve these sabers," explained Baampu. "They belong to some the Jedi who died."

On the main desk, a small holo flickered into life of [b]Orion[/b], the venerable human Master who had been in command of that unit.

"He was a brave man," said Baampu. "As were they all, brave warriors. Your orders, General?"

[image=http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/7546/twentyoneg.jpg]

[b]Tag: Fins[/b][/blockquote]

23. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Censol Brandl
    Battle of Mizra

The Jedi Master stared at the lightsabers for a long moment, then looked at Baamptu. He knew Orion pretty well. A friend. Also a great Jedi. He knew he had accepted his faith and most likely knew it before it came to him. The Marauders had needed to be stopped. He had done so and contributed to the victory the force would hopefully lead them to.

"Now he is one with the force. Something I should envy." Censol Brandl smiled. Then his voice grew firm, again.

"Many will die today and all of them fight for something greater and better than any of us alone. I´ll take these and honor the memory of my fallen brothers, but we should not be distracted from our mission, here. We fight for the living, Baamptu. For all of the living." He nodded and turned to the battle-field again. Displayed as green light before his eyes.

"The battle has begun, we should slow their advance." He only stated, no sign of emotion or nervousness in his voice.

"Our foremost infantry shall advance themselves and attack the enemy at first contact." He sighed. He knew he had just send the men to death, but also he knew it was necessary. This one company would damage the position of all of Lord Polcyc´s troops.

[e5-f6]

24. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003
    Inner City, Zone F6

All across the City, soldiers prepared themselves for war. Maneuvering had its place, but now blood had been spilt and it was time for some action.

The Cerean commander Braxan Della addressed his troops as they marched, a wide grin on his face.

"We have the honour of being the first of the Republic forces to set foot this far northwards!" he shouted. "Let's show our Jedi friends that they've got some catching up to do!"

There were cheers, even though they all knew that they were heading towards certain death. They were almost guaranteed to blow away the Ubese mercenaries stationed at F6- if only thanks to the element of surprise- but after that they were surrounded. It didn't look good. Sacrifice was necessary in war...but after such a long, bloodless start to things, perhaps some of the troops had begun to hope that they wouldn't even have to fight.

"This is what we're trained for," cried Braxan, as if to reassure them. "Let's do it. Move!"

His men assembled into their offensive positions, and they stormed towards the outpost. The Ubese scattered almost immediately.

If only it were always this easy, thought Braxan, as he casually blew up the main artillery.

[i]
    Sith Command Center, Zone E8[/i]

The immediate threat from the Jedi had now been neutralised, and [b]Lord Polcyc[/b] had made a brief speech that was inspiring not so much for the content but for the simple fact that he had bothered to make it. These two factors had served to galvanise the Sith once more, and the loss of the feared Marauders no longer seemed like a loss at all. It was not Sith nature to grieve.

"My lord," said [b]Valkir[/b], bowing his head. A confident smile was once again on the Umbaran's face. "The Jedi are moving into our hands. Their infantry have left their central position at E5 to assault our outpost at F6. Immediately this is far closer to our fortress than they have come previously, but they are completely and entirely surrounded. Who knew that Jedi could sacrifice their own so ruthlessly? Your orders, my lord?"

[image=http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/4417/twentytwo.jpg]

[b]Tag: Sinrebirth[/b][/blockquote]

25. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Lord Polcyc
    Battle of Mizra

The Jedi are moving into our hands. Their infantry have left their central position at E5 to assault our outpost at F6. Immediately this is far closer to our fortress than they have come previously, but they are completely and entirely surrounded. Who knew that Jedi could sacrifice their own so ruthlessly? Your orders, my lord?"

Lord Polcyc allowed himself a smile, blinking once. His enemy had done exactly as Polcyc had expected. ?And here we shall see if the Jedi can afford the true cost of sacrifice??

Polcyc trailed off as a possibility occurred to him. He could play this game, or he could pull off something magnificent and crush his Jedi opponent. But not only was Polcyc too lazy to play such games, he was quite attached to his initial stratagem. This was, however, the last opportunity where he could satisfactorily withdraw and refocus, he idly supposed.

Decisions, it appeared, had to be made. Nothing could have bored him more. Ignoring the possibility, Polcyc continued with his initial scheme. And waited for the inevitable attempt on his life in the next few minutes ? it always happened about now.

?Have our mercenaries at G7 move on their position before they solidify it.? He was remarkably aware that he was about to waste the lives of around half his army ? but it didn?t matter. It simply didn?t, at the end of the day.

Only the commanding Jedi Master mattered.

Pawn at G7 to F6

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.