1. Oh hai Guest!

    Welcome to the RPF!

Star Wars Chessboard: The Laws of Power

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Winged_Jedi, Feb 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
  1. Winged_Jedi Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Feb 28, 2003
    star 4
    Inner City, Zone F6

    Braxan Della and his men had barely held the outpost for an hour when the enemy returned.

    "Mercenaries approaching from north-north-east!" came the call from the lookouts.

    "In position!" cried the Cerean, knowing with a soldier's instinct that this was the end. He shared one final, steely glance with his men, and then glanced quickly at the small portable holo he carried with him. It was of his family back home on Cerea. He had ten children, three of them boys. They were almost evenly spread among five honor-wives, who he cared for very deeply. But they were still young things, and could find other partners. He worried most for his bond-wife, a truly beautiful woman who had never borne him children but who had brought him endless love.

    Come back home, she had ordered him very sternly when he left. I will, he had promised. Always.

    "Forgive me," he whispered, and shut the holo off.

    Blasterfire began to sound in the distance. Explosions followed. Clouds of dirt and smoke were kicked up all around.

    "Steady!" cried Braxan. The Ubese began streaming into his vision, from all directions. "For the Republic!"

    They were his last words. Moments later he was shot in the head and chest and died immediately.


    Megaera's Quarters, Zone D8

    The Togrutan Sith sat upon the floor, deep within a trance unlike any she had previously experienced. She had never been able to master herself enough simply to stay still. Now she felt a sudden wave of focus and clarity, as the battlefield opened itself up to her mentally.

    This must be what that slug Polcyc feels all the time, she considered briefly.

    She reached out with her mind as far as she could, and felt death greet her like an old friend. The marauders first, annihilated with cries of rage and fury...then the Jedi, expiring with a disgusting, dizzying light...then Ubese troops, then Republic infantry...a cycle of destruction had been initiated, and it would only stop when one of the two Generals was dead.

    And it was suddenly clear to her that perhaps things were still going to Polcyc's plan. Perhaps events had always transpired as he designed. And with that in mind, she leaned over to a datapad, and sent a simple, brief message to her most faithful servant.

    Valkir,

    Stay your hand. The old slug may yet win us this war.



    Jedi Command Center, Zone E1

    The dark, lined face of Master Diath sprang up inside the Command Center, reporting from his position at G5.

    "General," he said, nodding his head in brisk acknowledgement. "Master Diath reporting in. My team of Knights is more than ready, sir. We have secured our position in the hilley terrain of this area, and are prepared for battle. Of course we felt the death of Master Orion and his men, not far northwards from us...

    And unfortunately it saddens me to inform you of another loss, though such is war. Our infantry units at F6 have been routed. I sent a scout to the location, and he has confirmed the death of Braxan Della and almost all of his men. Zone F6 has now been taken by a squad of Ubese mercenaries, the same ones previously deployed at G7. At their new position they pose a direct threat to myself and my troops...and of course, we pose a direct threat to them."

    He stopped there, a slight smile on his face, trusting in the command of the higher-ranking Jedi.

    "Here's the current grid, sir," interjected Baampu. "Morale remains high amongst our men, but the Sith are responding well to our attacks. They are very happy to sacrifice, it seems. Troops in the field might as well be pieces on a dejarik board for all they care. What are your orders, sir?"

    [image=http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/3750/twentythree.jpg]
    [image=http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/3660/chessboardblank.jpg]

    Tag: Fins/>/>
    />/>
  2. DarkLordoftheFins Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 2, 2007
    star 4
    Censol Brandl
    Battle of Mizra

    Calm and tired he listened to Master Diath reports. A member of a long line of Jedi, originating from the Jedi Prince Dace Diath so many years before this incarnation of the Sith had risen.
    "Your readiness to give your life into the hands of the force honors you, Master Diath. But your eagerness and bravery are born from emotions. Ambition. And anxiety you try to fight through bravery. Emotions cloud our judgment. They betray our peception of the force."
    He sighed. It was not easy to lecture a fellow Jedi Master, but he knew the Order had put him into the position to do so. "The Sith enjoy the battle? They have finally overcome their reluctance? Then we shall take from them what they desire most. Any further bloodshed. Retreat your men and force to the encampment, Master Diath. It´s their turn." He nodded and cut off the connection.

    He made this conversation sink for a moment, as Baamptu approached him anew. His aide has shown himself to be reliable and relentless in his efforts.

    "Here's the current grid, sir. Morale remains high amongst our men, but the Sith are responding well to our attacks. They are very happy to sacrifice, it seems. Troops in the field might as well be pieces on a dejarik board for all they care. What are your orders, sir?" He looked up and nodded. Soldiers were nothing else in a strategic sense. To win a confrontation a General had to be ready to sacrifice any of them. With a second thought. Only the awareness of the wrong one did them made a difference between Brandl and Polcyc. He was well aware of that. Brandl paused a long moment. The battle began to wear him down, slowly. But it was there. He drained the force for additional strength.

    "They are eager to sacrifice, indeed. But there is nothing to win in any further slaughter. Their starfighters hold no tactical value in their current position. Their Sith still hide inside their fortress. Actually I do not think our enemy has anything else than the will to survive and ambition to throw at us. And we know that won´t be enough to defeat us."
    He nodded. "I ordered Master Diath to retreat. Make sure our troops get enough supplies. No special treatment for anybody. Including me. It´s the Sith´s move, now." He smiled. Then before Baamptu went away Brandl raised his hand.
    "And release the Sith envoy. He shall see how good our morale is and send this as my message to Lord Polcyc. My answer to him is: Indeed."

    Watching Baamptu leave Brandl closed his eyes. Reaching out with the force, feeling the battlefield. Death, tension, fear and dedication. It was a cauldron of feelings. Distracting and only necessary to understand the depth of his actions. The profound truth behind it. He commanded living beings. His enemy did so, too. Lives were taken.

    Then he turned his eyes back to the much preferred green pieces of light on his display. They showed things clearer.

    [Move: g5-e3]

    Tag: Winged
  3. DarkLordoftheFins Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 2, 2007
    star 4
    ooc: Just to let you two know.

    I have just taken a job from a colleague that might take me to a part of the world where I don´t have any net-access. So, I´ll be unreachable for a few days. I´ll return, updating, midweek latest. Three or four days absence, I guess.


  4. Winged_Jedi Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Feb 28, 2003
    star 4
    OOC: No worries Fin. Good luck.



    Sith Command Center, Zone E8

    The Devaronian named Michel bowed before his master, keeping his gaze firmly on the stone floor. He could feel the sneering of his rivals and peers in the room, as if it were heat upon his neck. To be held hostage by the Jedi and sent back home like a harmless child...this was shame that he have to work exceptionally hard to overcome.

    "My Lord Polcyc," he said. "I delivered your message as requested. 'My compliments General Brandl. I am sad to see that we must exchange blood now'. The Jedi General has a reply, which is simply: 'Indeed'."

    The messenger hovered for a moment, clearly feeling rather small and insignificant in the whole scheme of things. His only task had been to deliver two brief messages that had barely been worth the effort. And he had spent time as a prisoner-of-war for it, as well.

    "The enemy moves," announced Valkir, smugly pushing past Michel to stand before Polcyc. "The Jedi Knights at G5 have fled at the advance of our mercenaries. The cowards have retreated to Zone E3, near the safety of their own encampment. Relative safety. For now. Perhaps they do not want to share the same fate as their friends..."

    At that, Valkir clicked his fingers, and an enormous silver dish was brought into the room. The Umbaran smiled with delight as he lifted off the cover to reveal the severed head of a Cerean male. It was long, pale white and already beginning to rot.

    "Our forces brought this back from the battlefield," said Valkir with a smirk. "The head of Captain Braxan Della, leader of the Republic troops who were killed by our mercenaries earlier."

    [image=http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/6039/twentyfour.jpg]
    [image=http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/3660/chessboardblank.jpg]


    Tag: Sinre

    />
  5. Sinrebirth SWC and EUC Forum Moderator

    Manager
    Member Since:
    Nov 15, 2004
    star 7
    IC: Polcyc
    Battle of Mizra

    "'Indeed'."

    Polcyc considered that. What a pointless excursion for his runner, and, a waste of time. Valkir nudged Michel out of the way, and continued. As he did so, Polcyc blinked, turning from Michel to study his enemies position. There was no need to dismiss Michel; his soldiers had long learnt that Polcyc loosing interest was his version of a dismissal.

    The enemy had retreated to his lines, as fully expected. The enemy was in no position to continue the offensive, while Polcyc was in a perfect position to counter-attack. But that didn?t mean much. Polcyc?s eye scanned the battlefield. He had three avenues of assault, either of which would cause his opponent a great deal of problems - but enough?

    On top of that, he supposed he should continue the psychological battle he was fighting with his soldiers, and give their morale a push which would allow him to sacrifice almost the entirety of them in the next few moments. The sadisticism displayed by Valkir certainly gave his cadre the opportunity to gloat. Now to transform that moment of satisfaction into a sense of superiority.

    So be it. Polcyc allowed a deal of theatricality to enter his tone, but didn?t continue it into his body; gesturing victoriously was simply too much effort. "Our counterattack is to begin! Move our mercenaries at C7 to the edges of the Outer City!"

    Pawn at C7 to C5


    TAG: Winged
  6. Winged_Jedi Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Feb 28, 2003
    star 4
    The Philusa Mansion, Zone C5

    The dark side clung to every being in the northern half of Mizra, seeping into every one of its servants...even those who could not feel its touch.

    Keane, of Clan-Shiazk, stood tall before his men. Most of them were from his same clan. Some he had known since his birth. His father had been warmaster, and so they had respected his lineage before he even learned to hold a weapon. They feared the warrior in his blood before he had ever fired a shot in anger. They bred him to be a leader before he had even said his first word.

    And so when he silently gestured for his troops to follow him into battle, they did so without question or hesitation. They were eager to go, in any case. Word had spread of the heroes who had annihilated the Jedi scum at the other side of the City, and of the Republic cowards who had fled before the Ubese assault.

    Now it was time for Keane and his brothers to wade through the blood of their enemies...a hatred, a passion, a lust for vengeance...this had been the way of these people for centuries upon centuries, never forgetting and never forgiving the injustice that had been wrought upon them by the Jedi and their puppet Republic.

    They approached their new position, spying a large and apparently abandoned mansion in the distance.

    "We will set up our outpost there," announced Keane.

    As they approached, a shadow flickered in the window. An aged, Twi'lek face. Perhaps it wasn't abandoned after all.

    "Ready weapons," rasped Keane, smiling beneath his helmet.


    Jedi Command Center, Zone E1

    Another day had passed, and time was starting to take its toll. In the Command Center some of the officers hadn't slept for two days. Baampu returned from another tour of the encampment, looking tired but still as determined as ever.

    "The Sith have finally made their move," he said, and moments later the green icons on the tactical display shifted. Mercenaries stationed at C7 now marched to C5.

    "They are directly threatening our infantry in the center of the City. The Sith are now gathering for their counter-attack. We believe these particular mercenaries have commandeered a mansion in the area- the same one belonging to the civilian who was in here a few days ago."

    Baampu fell silent. He hoped, of course, that the Twi'lek had managed to get out of his home with his parents. If not, then it was certainly too late for them.

    [image=http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/6919/twentyfive.jpg]
    [image=http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/3660/chessboardblank.jpg]

    Tag: Fins/>
    />
  7. RachelTyrell Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Feb 15, 2009
    star 1
    ooc: Fin mailed me this. He can post everywhere but NOT here. Hope I posted this one right. ~Rachel


    Censol Brandl
    Battle of Mizra

    Exhaustion, tired faces all around him. His tactical games with the Sith secured them some advantage, but the men in his command post had probably sleeped less than those in the field. And their next battlefield was building up.
    "Baamptu, get some rest, will you?" Brandl clapped the huge man shoulder."I´ll need you later and for now, we shall relocate to command post BETA." He then turned to his men. "We will relocate to post BETA, so we have a better view on the operation and are secure from enemies attacks. Logistics will begin within´ the hour. New command post assumes operations within´six hours. I want EVERYBODY to take four of these six hours to sleep! That´s an order!" He shouted. Then nodded. He knew the morale was the key to victory. "On a personal note I want to add, I´ve seen many battles. But no command-crew or army like yours. It is my honor to serve with you." He sighed and turned to Baamptu. "Four hours, you, too." He nodded. Then he took out his personal comlink.
    "Master Sunrider, you got the command until I have relocated to camp Alpha. I´ll send Master Morine and his Jedi Shadows to cover your rear and provide reinforcemnets should the Sith surprise us." Then he looked around and saw the exhausted men get some rest. Logistics were arrving outside the building.

    It was the beginning of the end. He knew the battle was entering his final, all deciding stage.

    [Move: castling queenside? queen´s gambit? What´s it called? Well e1-c1 & a1-d1]

    Tag: Winged
  8. Winged_Jedi Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Feb 28, 2003
    star 4
    OOC: That's perfectly fine Rachel. Thank you for helping Fin out.




    Sith Command Center, Zone E8

    A dishevelled Weequay strode into the room, his eyes darting around until they landed upon the near-horizontal form of Lord Polcyc.

    "One of our spies," explained Valkir, standing proudly at his master's side. Almost all his rivals had been dealt with (Sorin was dead, and Michel had been conspicuously absent from the court since reporting in from the Jedi camp) and the Umbaran had rarely looked happier with himself. Only Tisiphone the Twi'lek remained, and she was keeping herself occupied co-ordinating the communications team.

    "I bring news from the enemy camp," said the Weequay spy, bowing low. "The Jedi General has changed the location of his command post. He has moved to a new position at C1, while the Jedi Shadows previously stationed at A1 have now moved to D1, taking up a central position directly behind Master Faith Sunrider."

    "Our enemy thinks he can hide behind his men," said Valkir, waving away the Weequay. "How cowardly. Your orders, my Lord?"

    [image=http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/8501/twentysix.jpg]
    [image=http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/3660/chessboardblank.jpg]


    Tag: Sinre

    />
  9. Winged_Jedi Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Feb 28, 2003
    star 4
    OOC: This shouldn't affect proceedings here too much, but I'm going to be away on a brief holiday from now until the 31st. See you when I return!
  10. Sinrebirth SWC and EUC Forum Moderator

    Manager
    Member Since:
    Nov 15, 2004
    star 7
    IC: Polcyc
    Battle of Mizra

    Polcyc had settled into his chair and simply laid back. The battle was to be decided by his opponents next deployment. The Sith were positioned to launch a hammer strike at the heart of the enemy, and Brandl had one chance. He was so looking forward to what was going to happen. Terrified of his opponents expertly placed forces.

    So he closed his eye and drifted off into a little nap.

    And then Valkir and his Weequay spy reported in. Beautifully done, Master Brandl. Without even opening his eye, Polcyc spoke, sighing out his order. "Open a channel to Darth Megaera." He didn't look up at her, simply lounging in his chair. "Lady Megaera, you are to move yourself and your retainers to sector C7. Keep your eye on our advancing mercenaries, and be sure to be ready when I order you into the fray - which will be shortly done, no doubt."

    Queen from D8 to C7


    TAG: Winged
  11. Winged_Jedi Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Feb 28, 2003
    star 4
    "When a man has learned within his heart what fear and trembling mean, he is safeguarded against any terror produced by outside influences. Let the thunder roll and spread terror a hundred miles around: he remains so composed and reverent in spirit that the sacrificial rite is not interrupted. This is the spirit that must animate leaders and rulers of men- a profound inner seriousness from which all outer terrors glance off harmlessly."

    -The I Ching


    Jedi Command Post Beta, C1

    A new command center for the Jedi. A slightly less shiny, slightly worse equipped command center, dusty and sparse, seeming quiet and slow in comparison to the bubbling cauldron of noise and activity at E1.

    But the new command center had one particular thing in its favour- it boasted a spectacular view. It was situated on the top floor of an abandoned skyscraper, and an enormous window stretched across an entire wall, allowing General Brandl to peer across what seemed like miles and miles of the city. The smoky, grimy shacks and narrow streets at the far limits soon gave way to respectable houses and wide open marketplaces, and then onto gleaming towers and apartments in the affluent Inner City. And beyond that, though he could only barely make it out in the morning mist, the iron spires of the Sith fortress stood like black cracks in the horizon.

    It would not be hard to imagine his troops somewhere out there, like lab rats in the labyrinth, scurrying through Mizra's metropolis. Stationing themselves behind overturned market stalls and ducking for cover in the shade of graffitied stone walls. Jumping at false alarms and firing shots at shadows. Rushing into desperate, confused skirmishes. Joking with each other, calling to each other, thinking of home and those they had left behind. Moving, fighting, eating, sleeping, watching, waiting, living, dying...and all at the command of two very different beings at opposite ends of a city-turned-battlefield.

    That was the pressure and responsibility placed upon the shoulders of Censol Brandl, and so far he had not wilted beneath it.

    For that his men loved him, but they were not the only ones.

    "From civilians," said Baampu, gesturing towards the mass of flowers, food, and other small gifts that had been gathered into the room. They had originally been placed at the entrance to the Jedi encampment, laid down before the gates like offerings onto an altar.

    "They are very grateful," explained Baampu, looking refreshed and recharged after the rest that Brandl had ordered his officers to take. "Those who were left in the Inner City have been coming to us as refugees. They feel safe. For now, at least."

    He brought up the tactical map, projecting across a large sunken section of the floor. On the grid a single enemy unit moved a single square. To most observers it would seem a small, even insignificant maneuver. Not to a General, and not to a Jedi.

    "So Megaera moves from D8 to C7," said Baampu. "Our spies have been unable to gather any other information than this. What are your orders, sir?"

    [image=http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/1057/twentyseven.jpg]
    [image=http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/3660/chessboardblank.jpg]

    Tag: Fins/>
    />
  12. DarkLordoftheFins Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 2, 2007
    star 4
    Censol Brandl
    New Command Center

    Ignoring the new surrounding and command center he only smiled at the flowers for a moment. "Very moving, but we will have time to celebrate with the civilains once we have won this battle. Our first duty is to protect them." Censol said, not offensive in his tone. He disliked the status the Jedi had for the civilians. they were no gods, only guided by something greater then themselves Something that guided them, too. They just could not realize it as clear as a Jedi. Which sometimes, was a blessing.

    Moving to the display he saw the Sith move. His last order had made them think offenisve, as he had expected. Now it would be his time to turn the table again. Adapting, inventing, judging. The three virtues of a warrior.

    "Well, looks like they need someone more impressive general in the field. Let us see how impressive she is. I want the starfighters to circle in front of this opening in their infantry line. Let us see what they can provoke as an reaction from the Sith." He pointed to the opening rifht in the Sith lines. A general would have feared a trap, but Censol felt haste and insecurity in the force. Indeed this lack of cover had been unintentional by the Sith´s troops.

    [Move Knight c3 - b5]

    Tag: Winged Jedi

    EDIT: Wrong move, wasn´t possible. Actually, I can post now, but Winged-Jedi´s gaphics are gone, gone, gone. Boards suck, right now.
  13. Winged_Jedi Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Feb 28, 2003
    star 4
    Sith Command Center, Zone E8


    Council was being held within the Sith fortress.

    Lord Polcyc sat languid upon his throne, while the blue holographic figures of his officers formed a half-circle before him. To his left was Titus, the hulking Mandellian Giant in charge of the remaining Marauders. Then there was Lord Amok, the Quarren in charge of the assassins at F8. Then came Shal Venal, the Rodian leading the assassins at B7. Finally, Darth Megaera, glowering as ever at her general.

    "My Lord," hissed Shal Venal, "from our watchtower we have noticed a shift in Jedi position. Their starfighters have moved from their defensive position at C3 to fly between our troops-"

    "Taunting us," interjected Megaera. "Threatening us."

    "-and moving to B5," finished Venal. "They are actually surrounded by three of our infantry units, but have taken up an aerial position that is impossible to reach. We cannot harm them at the moment."

    "Not at the moment," said Amok. "But we trust you have a plan as always, Lord Polcyc?"

    [image=http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/8372/twentyeight.jpg]
    [image=http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/3660/chessboardblank.jpg]

    Tag: Sinre


    OOC: Fins, got an idea that might help you see the board when it comes to your turn, if you still can't see images...I'll do it on your turn.
  14. Sinrebirth SWC and EUC Forum Moderator

    Manager
    Member Since:
    Nov 15, 2004
    star 7
    IC: Polcyc
    Battle of Mizra, Sith Command Center, Zone E8

    Lord Polcyc glanced over the map, his neck slowly stretching. The enemy had acted in such a way to draw the ire of a large amount of his forces. The mobility of the starfighters had, temporarily, stalled his invasion of the enemy territories. However, he could not even acknowledge that weakness as Darth Megaera spat fire, poised to snap the necks of the various commanders he had remaining - she had a propensity for doing that, some times.

    Polcyc languidly looked at the chiseled woman. "Lady Megaera, move from your sector to D7, and prepare yourself for a lunge at the enemy starfighters. I suppose I should remind you that the Jedi starfighters have their torpedo launchers located in the nose of their craft - so focus your telekinesis there." Polcyc had eventually remembered he'd been expecting a betrayal at some point, but it hadn't come yet. Polcyc couldn't be bothered to look at Valkir for his reaction to his mollification of the Sith Lady, nor at the other Sith he had communed with. One of them would be in league with her, he supposed - the coup attempt had been off-set by either the defeat of the enemy army earlier, or by him being bothered to make use of Megaera.

    Either, or. He didn't care which.

    Polcyc also didn't care enough to watch her response, or detect in the Force her ire. His interest was in these starfighters, who were inevitably interested in playing games within his rear. It was so...

    Predictably boring. "Recall the messenger."

    Queen from C7 to D7


    TAG: Winged
  15. Winged_Jedi Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Feb 28, 2003
    star 4
    Jedi Command Post Beta, C1

    The face of Master Sunrider was projected onto the wall, beaming down upon the room with a beautiful smile.

    "Greetings, Censol," she said. "It seems everyone's face looks lined and weary at the moment but yours! How do you keep yourself looking so fresh?"

    She chuckled, and her gaze fell upon the flowers at the door.

    "The people have certainly taken a shine to you, General. Already they're calling you the Saviour of Mizra. I hear word that a Core News Network team have been dispatched to try and cover the battle from the front lines. Journalists...the last thing we need right now. Hopefully we can get things resolved by the time they arrive."

    The tactical grid shifted slightly in the air, with a single unit moving.

    "As you can see," continued Faith, "the Sith have plans for my former student. She has moved out from under our starfighters' sights at C7, only to take up position at D7. I fear it is only a matter of time before she spills blood. She is a threat that must be dealt with swiftly...but then again, we should not be hasty."

    "What are the orders?" asked Baampu to his General.

    [image=http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/8751/twentynine.jpg]
    [image=http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/3660/chessboardblank.jpg]

    Tag: Fins



    OOC: Fins, if you're still having trouble with the images, here are the URLs

    http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/8751/twentynine.jpg
    http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/3660/chessboardblank.jpg

    I'll PM you the images as well, to see if that works.

    If all else fails, here's a little diagram that looks more confusing than I intended :p For what it's worth (with H being Horse, etc):

    - H - - K B - R
    - B - Q P - - -
    - P - - - P P H
    P
    H P P - - - -
    - - - P - - - -
    - - - - B H - -
    P P P Q - P P P
    - - K R - - - -


    Alternatively, if you give me your e-mail address, I could just e-mail you the images as attachments.

    EDIT: Oh, and I'm going to be away for a week (until the 15th). I'll see you both when I get back!/>
  16. DarkLordoftheFins Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 2, 2007
    star 4
    ooc: Pictures are back. Thanks for the effort to help me out, Winged. VERY appreciated.

    Censol Brandl
    Battle of Mizra

    Master Sunrider joked about him looking so fresh. He smiled. He liked her. A lot, actually. So it hurt a little he had to use her as a pawn in a game of life and death with the Sithlord.
    "I take my strength from the force, Master. And I had just ordered a five hour nap while moving command." He joked back. "An order I took serious myself." Straightening himself he looked at the report about the journalists. Then turned to Baamptu. "Take care they get nowhere near the battlefield. If we need to, send them to the fleet in orbit. They can interview the captains there." He sighed. Journalists where a necessary evil. But Jedi did not give in to evil. "And concerning the savior of Mizra, Master Sunrider." He smiled and turned to her.
    "Jedi are no heroes. Jedi are servants. Please feel free to make that clear to every celebrating civilian you meet. I am not here for glory, but because I am meant to be." With a nod he then turned to Baamtpu and nodded. No more orders for his second in command for now.
    "Master Sunrider. You must prepare for the field. It might be I need you to end this battle quick and without further bloodshed. I want to inform you I may be forced to ignore the Grandmasters orders to keep you away from Jedi. But the force guides me and I´ll stay true to it, my old friend." He sighed. "Advance and prepare to defend our fighter squadron." He said and nodded. "And don´t fear the confrontation with your former student, my old friend. She is no threat. She is only a slave of darkness."

    Inside of himself Censol understood. Many things were to be taken into account to win a battle. The Sith knew that. They played on the Jedi weakness. Their compassion for their former students. And they tried to shake the solid foundation Master Sunrider was, by putting her head to head with what had once become her apprentice.

    He needed no guidance from the force to know what he had to do. Darth Megaera would die.

    And it wouldn´t be Master Sunrider who would carry the burden of doing so. It would be him.

    [Move Queen d2 - d3]

    Tag: Winged
  17. Winged_Jedi Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Feb 28, 2003
    star 4
    OOC: Okay, so I'm back! For good this time. Sorry for the delay, and thanks for waiting. We return to our scheduled match...



    Sith Command Center, Zone E8

    The previous messenger, Michel, had proven difficult to locate. Eventually he had turned up, face down in the dirt just outside the fortress. Ostensibly he had suffered a heart attack. Certainly there were no other marks upon his body, but that was not unusual for murder amongst the Sith. There was no great mystery to this one- there might as well have been writing on the corpse saying 'Valkir was here'.

    The new envoy was a gaunt young human, a Mizran native actually, who had been recruited shortly after the Sith's arrival on the planet. She had been a street urchin, apparently.

    "What is your bidding, my Lord?" she asked Polcyc, bowing. She had painted a single eye upon her forehead, as many of the lowest subordinates had done, as a mark of their servitude to the Abyssin.

    "My Lord," interrupted Valkir, "Movement from the Jedi. Tentative, this time. Jedi Master Sunrider has moved from her position within the Jedi encampment to set foot within the Outer City."

    [image=http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/722/thirty.jpg]
    [image=http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/3660/chessboardblank.jpg]

    Tag: Sinre

    />
  18. Sinrebirth SWC and EUC Forum Moderator

    Manager
    Member Since:
    Nov 15, 2004
    star 7
    IC: Polcyc
    Battle of Mizra

    Polcyc allowed himself some irritation at the appearance of the new messenger. His old one had clearly been killed by Valkir, who, even now, was standing in the room. With a sigh at the boredom of it all, Polcyc went to speak, when he was interrupted, which in theory should have redoubled his irritation.

    "Movement from the Jedi. Tentative, this time. Jedi Master Sunrider has moved from her position within the Jedi encampment to set foot within the Outer City."

    Polcyc looked from the map to the Sith holograms of Lord Amok and Shal Venal. "Prepare yourself for the final charge, assassins. The two frontlines will meet shortly, and you must ready. Lady Megaera, I expect you to be ready to support the assassins. We shall advance shortly." Polcyc had gone out of his way to add as much, for reasons which he hoped would become clear.

    Turning back to the urchin, Polcyc blinked at the tattooed acolyte. "I suppose I should give you further orders. Don't inform Brandl about what you have just heard - of course. My message to my enemy is thus. 'This is the last time I will accept your surrender. You lost the first round - do not waste more blood on losing the second.'" Polcyc nodded. "Now go."

    Waiting until she had left, Polcyc paused, trying to recall where he'd last seen his lightsaber. He couldn't remember, but it simply didn't matter. Closing his eye, the Sith Lord settled to wait for his opponents next move, when he realised he had not yet made his own. Twisting his serpentine face into a scowl, Polcyc looked to Valkir, flicking open his eye.

    "Move the mercenaries at E7 forward. We must press the enemies front - force him to overstretch again before we punch through his frontline." Polcyc idly wondered how Brandl would respond to this messenger, ignoring the gnawing conclusion that his sloth was beginning to consume him. It was an unanticipated consequence of the detachment - that he would entirely detach from reality and sink into his own mind. Like any dark side philosophy, submerging yourself into it to too far a degree could be costly.

    But Polcyc was too lazy to contemplate too heavily on this.

    Pawn at E7 to E5


    TAG: Winged_Jedi
  19. Winged_Jedi Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Feb 28, 2003
    star 4

    Jedi Command Post Beta, C1

    She was levitated in by two Jedi Knights, her body horizontal in the air. Her eyes were closed...apart from the one that had been tattooed upon her forehead. She was breathing normally, and appeared to be in a peaceful state.

    "Another envoy from our enemy," explained Baampu to General Brandl. "She's been placed into a deep meditative trance. The last thing she will remember is approaching the entrance of the encampment. She carried a message, apparently from Polcyc himself:

    'This is the last time I will accept your surrender. You lost the first round - do not waste more blood on losing the second.'

    That was all. Shall we keep her in our custody, sir?"

    As the General took a moment to consider the message and his new prisoner, lights shifted on the tactical display.

    "Intelligence reports movement in the Inner City," called out a communications officer. "The mercenaries stationed at E7 have advanced to E5."

    [image=http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/8319/thirtyone.jpg]
    [image=http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/3660/chessboardblank.jpg]

    Tag: Fins

  20. DarkLordoftheFins Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 2, 2007
    star 4
    Censol Brandl
    Battle of Mizra

    Censol Brandl listened to the message and smiled. "He got a sense of humor, doesn´t he?" He said, loud enough for everybody to hear it. "Keep the massenger unconscious. I´ll answer him soon enough." Then he turned to Baamptu. "And yes, there are orders. All troops are to stay ready and prepared. No further actions for now." He nodded. "Let them do their first move on the left flank. I have something . . . different in mind, Commander." He smiled and clapped Baamptu´s shoulder.

    Then he turned and opened his line to Master Sunrider again. "My old friend." He began and smiled. "The Sith have found their will to fight again. But I think it is time we show them ours. I need you to take out one of their mercenary squadrons and stir some blood far away from our battle-field. Strike quick and don´t waste your time or security. Many Sith are nearby, but . . . I have confidence in your abilities. I have confidence in you." He nodded. "May the force be with you."

    Then he turned back to Baamptu. Sighing he took a glass of water from one of his assistants. "Everything works fine. Your troops are exceptionally disciplined, Commander. I am very impressed." He nodded to the men around him. "A fine army. Say, do you have family? I hope if so they are somewhere save." He probed the man thorugh the force.

    He knew his lack of personal attachments was his weakness. But he was thankful for Baamptu´s service. Flawless as it was. He wanted to learn something about this man.

    [Move: d3 - g6 Chess]

    Tag: Winged
  21. Winged_Jedi Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Feb 28, 2003
    star 4
    Zone G6

    She sat down upon the battlefield with her comrades, and led them in meditation.

    "There is no emotion, there is peace."

    Alone, the woman approached the Ubese roadblock, her hood raised and her hands loose by her sides. She looked like a vagrant, wandering the streets of the deserted city, looking for a home. Alone, she asked to speak to their leader, and they laughed at her. She asked for his surrender, and then they realised she was serious, and they pointed their guns.

    "There is no ignorance, there is knowledge."

    The mercenaries had hated Jedi almost from birth, and they knew that their enemy had arrived. In the back of the captain's mind flashed the thought that perhaps Lord Polcyc would like a captive rather than a corpse, but he dismissed it without hesitation. He ordered his men to kill the woman.

    "There is no passion, there is serenity."

    A brilliant blue blade burst into life. One, two, three, ten, twenty, thirty blaster bolts deflected in rapid succession, as the woman danced around the street, refusing to be pinned down by the relentless fire.

    "There is no chaos, there is harmony."

    The last of the mercenaries fell a few seconds later, and by the time the other Jedi arrived on the scene, there was nothing left but the dead, encased with broken armour, still clutching their guns.

    "There is no death, there is the Force."

    The woman grieved for them.

    "Master Sunrider," said a new voice, breaking the Jedi from their trance. "We have secured the position."

    "Good," replied Faith softly, "How strong are we?"

    "Full strength," replied the man. "And we've opened up a direct route to the Sith fortress. We have located a gap in their defenses and could end this battle within hours, were we to storm Polcyc's palace. He is directly under threat from us."

    "Indeed he is," said Faith. "We shall wait here."

    "But master-"

    "We shall wait. Here. Thank you. Let us return to meditation. There is no emotion..."


    Sith Command Center, Zone E8

    Alarms sounded around the fortress, ringing like a wake-up call for the slothful Abyssin in charge of the Sith. The room glowed alternately red and violet as the tactical display shifted at a rapid rate. Orders and commands were being bellowed furiously and frantically as the communications officers scrambled to deal with the new situation.

    "My lord," reported one of them, calling to Polcyc and hurriedly bowing his head, "we've lost all contact with the mercenaries at G6."

    "Intelligence reports that Master Sunrider has left the Jedi encampment and has made her way across the City!"

    "She's crossed the entire City already!"

    "Still nothing from G6- our starfighters on the eastern outskirts believe that battle has broken out..."

    "Word is streaming in to confirm our initial reports, my lord..."

    "Confirmation, my lord: Sunrider is responsible for the attack on G6."

    "And we have updates on our losses there. All of them killed, my lord."

    An archived holo of Faith Sunrider shimmered in the air beside her unit on the tactical display, her face smiling down on the Sith Command Center with complete serenity.

    "My lord, Lady Megaera requests an immediate audience with you!"

    "My lord, we've assessed their strategy and there is a direct threat to us! Should we abandon the command center?"

    "What are your orders, my lord?"

    Valkir usually co-ordinated the subordinates and kept them in order, but he had been very quiet up until now. With the faintest warning of his intent in the Force, the Umbaran leapt up to his Master's throne. His hands were already rising above his head as his saber flew into his palm.

    "Sleep when you're dead," he hissed, bringing his scarlet blade down in a wide, sweeping arc meant to decapitate the Abyssin.

    [image=http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/3294/thirtytwo.jpg]
    [image=http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/3660/chessboardblank.jpg]

    />
  22. Sinrebirth SWC and EUC Forum Moderator

    Manager
    Member Since:
    Nov 15, 2004
    star 7
    IC: Polcyc
    Battle of Mizra

    Oh there it is.

    Polcyc shifted his weight, pulling out the lightsaber hilt from beneath his bulk. The Sith Lord wasn't paying any attention to the tumult in the command centre, instead raising his weapon in a laconically slow arc, depressing the activator stud and letting the double-length blade shoot out, into Valkir's weapon arm. Polcyc wasn't even looking at Valkir, projecting his the voice into the Force. He deactivated the saber, and then pointed it again at Valkir's head.

    "Enough."

    Everything had proceeded - monotonously - according to plan - and his inevitable traitor had acted. If Brandl hadn't pushed things, then he would have continued sending out members of his court as messengers until they were all replaced and the threat subsided. Polcyc spoke clearly, strongly. "We are not abandoning the command center. Open the channel to Darth Megaera, and to rest of the Court."

    Polcyc looked to her hologram in particular. This was the particularly boring part ? always so predictable, these Sith. "My Lords. It is now time to prove the Sith philosophy dominates over the Jedi. A slothful Sith Lord has the ability to foresee the future, and turn away from it, because it is unimportant. The Sith are the rightful rulers of the galaxy, as Darth Ruin long ago said. I have just discovered a traitor in my midst."

    "Now, my Lords - it is time to prove that the Jedi to not have the ability to bring peace to the galaxy. They will balk at the sacrifice they have to - they retreated last time, do not recall?" The Abyssin looked over the Court, and then the collected command centre. "So, Darth Megaera - advance between your old Master Sunrider and the base. Polcyc's one eye rolled down, to look at Valkir.

    "Now."

    Queen from D7 to F7


    TAG: Winged
  23. Winged_Jedi Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Feb 28, 2003
    star 4
    OOC: Sorry for the delay. Exams just now are slowing me down. They finish this week.

    Congratulations to us on securing Best New SW RPG! I've said my piece in the Awards thread, and thanks again to you two for taking up the challenge and trying out this experiment. It's been fun. And are we approaching the end? Let's see...



    Jedi Command Post Beta, C1

    "Here they are, sir," said Baampu, laying out holos of his family. It was a big family. Five brothers, six sisters, seven nieces and four nephews. "They're on Coruscant, most of them. Ronnie lives on Troiken, and Vash stays on Mawan. None of them have got too caught up in the War, thank the Force. Except for Paps, he's dead now, he got killed in a Sith raid on Ansion."

    He smiled at the holos, before tucking them away with one giant hand.

    "I was the only one fool enough to go and join the army. I don't regret a minute of it though, sir. It's given me the chance to work beside leaders such as yourself."

    A single unit shifted on the tactical display, and moved to bar the path between Master Sunrider and the enemy Command Center.

    "It seems Darth Megaera is eager for a confrontation with her former Master. Your orders, sir?"

    [image=http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/7214/thirtythree.jpg]
    [image=http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/3660/chessboardblank.jpg]

    Tag: Fins

    />
  24. DarkLordoftheFins Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 2, 2007
    star 4
    Censol Brandl
    Mizra, Commandcenter


    Censol turned to the hologram again. "Indeed." he replied. His face showing a little concern for the first time. He did not know if his old friend was ready for that confrontation. But he also knew he would need to take the advantage this had opened to turn this battle into a victory.



    "Master Sunrider." He opened a private channel. "Please do not fall for this trap. You apprentice will be brought to justice soon enough. Remain in position, we will provide air-cover." He said. Then added. "I know this is hard for you. Please do not let your feeling guide you. The Sith only want that to happen." He sighed.

    "Baamptu, I need our fighter in position, now!" He hissed. "This is the moment we waited for." He then added and smiled. A serene smile. Things unfolded. under the guidance of the force all things were meant to be the way they were. Now he had to trust the force. And his cool minded tactic.

    Long enough he had waited. It was probably time to fight.

    [move: Knight f3 -h4]



    Tag: Winged

    Tag:
  25. Winged_Jedi Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Feb 28, 2003
    star 4


    Sith Command Center, Zone E8

    Valkir lay where he had fallen, missing an arm, curled up like a foetus at the feet of the throne he had tried to usurp. No one had dared touch him or move him, and it did not seem that Lord Polcyc desired to punish the Umbaran further- and they were not keen to presume the wishes of their Master.

    There were other more pressing matters now. Faith Sunrider, most feared of the enemy, was practically at their gates. Certainly her incursion into Sith territory had taken her further than any Jedi force previously. Fifty years earlier the Sith had taken Mizra through a famous and brutal victory- were they now about to hand it back to their hated foe?

    Reports coming in from other battlefields were not encouraging. Shogun had been surrendered to Republic forces, while attempts to capture Iridonia and Harpori had gone awry. There were rumours of infighting within the upper echelons of Sith command, and suddenly eyes were sweeping, across the stars, towards Mizra. Perhaps their great Abyssin general could unite and inspire them all once again.

    Certainly that would be the case if he were to destroy Sunrider. She had long been a symbol of hope and heroism for the Jedi, and more for her actions than her famous name. And now the Force had brought her directly into conflict with her former apprentice, as if they were destined to meet on the battlefield...

    "My Lord," came the call, "Jedi starfighters have secured the eastern outskirts at H4. They are well-positioned to provide cover for Sunrider's forces."

    [image=http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/5812/thirtyfour.jpg]
    [image=http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/3660/chessboardblank.jpg]

    Tag: Sinre

Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.