main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Chessboard: The Laws of Power

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Winged_Jedi, Feb 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Polcyc
    Battle of Mizra

Polcyc was finally able to give the battlefield the entirety of his attention. Well, what attention he could be bothered to spare. The Sith Lord craned his neck over the battle, and the revelation hit him with an impossibly sharp jolt. His sloth was shattered, and Polcyc blinked twice, rapidly, more than he had done so in months, leaning forward to get a closer look at the gathering disaster. His eye slid over to the hologram representation of Darth Megaera, surrounding the table as a member of the Court.

Maybe her intentions hadn't been purely selfish, Polcyc idly acknowledged. The Dark Lord tried to settle back into his relaxed posed, to sort through the foolishness he had very nearly walked into. His eye rapidly switched over defeat after defeat, picking out the decimation of his rear flank every time - and the subsequent destruction of his armies.

Polcyc recognised that it needn't have been this way.

Had he made the correct deployment last, he would have been now positioned to completely shatter his opponents offensive and rout them soundly once again. As it was, now he could only deflect them. Polcyc settled into that thought - and saw an opportunity. His blinking calmed, and Polcyc nodded, slowly. The Dark Lord glanced over at Valkir, and considered.

Did he know? Polcyc doubted himself.

It was quite possible that he had just lost the battle, by his sloth. He had gone too far into the darkness, and allowed himself to be distracted by the intricacies of his own meddling. But the Dark Lord had no time to philosophise. How ironic. The Lord of Sloth had ran out of time. It was a shattering consideration.

The Dark Lord finally spoke. "Deploy the Sith interceptors at H6 to F5.

Polcyc nodded, slowly, settling back into himself, securing his strength and truth once more. His sloth would succeed. He had no doubts of that. He was nearly three centuries old. No Sith since the Sith Emperor had succeeded in such a manner. He had not been moved from this spot - he would not be. "And I want a secure channel opened to Brandl. This has gone on long enough. He will surrender, or I will kill Sunrider."

Knight at H6 to F5

TAG: Winged

2. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003
    Jedi Command Post Beta, C1

Sunrider and Megaera were positioned just a few blocks from each other within the city, both of them preparing for the duel that would surely come soon. A duel that could very well determine the fate of Mizra.

Matters had been complicated by the air support provided by the Jedi and now the Sith, and of course the entire battlefield was an intricate web. The break of but a single thread could lead to a rapid collapse for either side.

The tension could be felt in the room as the image of a black-robed Abyssin shimmered into life on the holo-display, gazing down at Brandl from the center of a single red eye.

"Sir," said Baampu quietly, "this is a live feed sent to us directly from the enemy fortress. It's Polcyc. He wants to talk."

[image=http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/6431/thirtyfive.jpg]
    [image=http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/3660/chessboardblank.jpg]

Tag: Fins

OOC: If you wish to create a combined post using PM/IM then by all means do so. You can take as many 'turns' as you wish in the combine- just make sure to clearly state the individual moves, so that I can put up updated boards for our lurkers. ;)

3. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Censol Brandl
    Mistra Command Center

Censol Brandl looked to his assistant. The Dark Lord himself. He smiled. "Looks like we have a reaction, don´t we?" He said and nodded. "Good."
    He sighed. Then looked down on his battlefield. He had been friends with Master Sunrider for years, now. Yet he had build a trap, a trap for days. And she had been his bait. She had been the one he knew would not leave this battle-field alive. He was about to sacrifice his own friend.

And yet, the force had given him this path to follow. The logic of battle dictated his tactics. And he was about to inflict heavy losses to the army of the Sith. It was all set up. Now he only had to give his friend the order.

"Open a channel to Master Sunrider." He sighed and a moment later came the familiar face of her. "My old friend, you know what I have been planning for days. I am sure you did. Please, don´t think you´ll ever be forgotten." He paused. Then nodded.
    "Attack her. I need you to stop her, before she meets our troops." He sighed. And get so close to the Dark Lord of the Sloth, she might even be unable to escape him. Her escape wasn´t necessary for the plan. And that was what sealed her fate.

"May the force be with you, my dear . . . friend." Censol said, almost whispering. "Please. Forgive me." He then added and before she could give him the absolution she would give, but he did not deserve . . . he cut the line. The battle was about to begin. The true battle.

Light and Dark, Master and Apprentice.

Folding his arms he nodded. "Tell him I´ll be there in a minute." Censol said to his assistant. And knew that if Sunrider won, that would never be relevant. It was only another deception.

[Move: Queen G6-F7]

Tag: Winged

ooc: As this moment seems to be important for the game itself, I wanted to have your response, Winged. I´d say we combine posts, once the "duel" is over.

4. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003
    OOC: Sorry for delay- knocked out of commission recently by some serious hayfever.

[blockquote]

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DB7-K08vos]A Turning Point[/link]

As the sun set once again over Mizra, Faith Sunrider knocked on the door of the Sith fortress.

From the depths of the lowest slums to rooftops of the highest towers, Mizra was erupting into all-out war. On street corners using overturned market stalls for cover, Ubese mercenaries held the line against Republic troops. Starfighters streaked through the skies above, hunting targets on the ground and blasting enemy outposts to oblivion in lightning raids. Jedi and Sith crossed paths time and time again, until almost every exchange of blasterfire was accompanied by the sound of lightsabers igniting.

In their respective command posts, Brandl and Polcyc continued to strategise. They were two islands at the centre of the storm, each stubbornly fighting to outlast the other.

"To me!" cried Sunrider, urging her detachment of Knights to return to her side before they were sundered by the foe. Sith troopers fell easily before flashing blue and green blades, and the heavy weaponry in their way was destroyed before half a dozen shots could be fired. Everything else was torn from the ground and tossed into the air- Sunrider led by example here, tearing a defense turret from its foundations and hurling it straight into the onrushing soldiers.

The walls of the enormous fortress had been breached, and the Jedi stormed through.

Across the stars, battle reports from Mizra were being relayed to the highest echelons of power. In the war rooms of Sith Citadels from Ziost to Vjun, the news of Polcyc's disadvantage stirred concern and anxiety among the Dark Lords. If one of their most prized assets could not win this battle, what effect would that have on their other campaigns? What effect on morale, or on the tenuous unity that existed within Sith ranks?

And there were generals who secretly gloried in the Abyssin's setback, and whispered to each other that his defeat would pave the way for one of them to steal his spotlight.

Meanwhile, from the Temple on Coruscant to the far-off fortresses of Falang Minor and Haashimut, Jedi leaders rejoiced in the news, and prayed that Master Brandl would be able to secure a famous victory on the world they had lost half a century earlier. Even Grandmaster Vash raised a smile, it was said, as he prepared for his own assault on Ansion.

For now, the light side of the Force was in the ascendancy.

There she was, tall, tattooed and vile, a grotesque shadow of her days as a headstrong padawan learner. Darth Megaera marched into the fray, immediately engaging a Nautolan Jedi Knight in a duel and decapitating him within seconds, sending the still-grinning head spinning to the ground.

"Oh Master!" she called with a wicked grin.

Faith turned her head, her face set and her eyes carrying a look of profound, wearied resignation.

"How nice to see you here!" laughed Megaera, casually maiming one attacker and throwing another flying back through the air.

Faith checked her surroundings, gestured for her comrades to cover her, and assumed a defensive stance.

"COME ON THEN!" snarled Megaera, her face suddenly distorted with fury. "KILL ME!"

[i]"Master Sunrider, I'm finding it so...difficult. I keep telling myself it's not rational, but I can't help it. I just explode, and then later I feel so guilty that I could lose it like that..."

"Kara, your temper is something that comes from another part of you. It's not who you are. I know you were provoked. I know that most people would have lost their cool in that situation. But you are not most people. You are Jedi."

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay. You are a kind, generous, patient, intelligent girl. And you have to call upon all those virtues to keep down the anger. It's a challenge for you, but the more you try it, the easier it will become, I promise."

"And you'll be here to help me?"

"Kara, you don't even have to ask. I'll always be h

5. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Abuse of mod OOC: :D Consider not killing her. If you get a passed pawn through you might actually get her back. ;)

6. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Battle of Mizra

It was done.

The traitorous Darth Megaera lunged, and Sunrider followed through. The battle was joined, and the catastrophe would consume the Jedi Order. Polcyc stared at the camera's, at the bloody morass that was the fortress entrance. There were many dead. It had been a particularly sharp blow to his forces - but also to Faith's. The Lord of Sloth sighed, something akin to relief filling his features.

A banal voice came out across the silence.

"My Lord, Faith Sunrider has breached our defenses. She has killed Darth Megaera and most of the other troops in the vicinity. Sunrider's unit has taken heavy losses and she is now alone within our compound. She is surrounded. Shall we bring her to you?"

Polcyc shook his head. In theory, he should be congratulating the pawn who had the courage to utter such words, but he had more important things to accomplice, he vaguely recalled. "No. It is not a matter of bringing her to me."

The Sith looked back to the entourage that, until this point, had said very little. They were his four personal guards, each a burly Trandoshan. Their minds had long been scuppered by the dark side, and they were only tools. With an ounce of pressure on their minds, they moved forward, even as the conforming couch shot out four durasteel poles, so the Trandoshans could convey him into battle, one taking each, and hefting him above their shoulders.

"It is a matter of me personally crushing a Sunrider."

Polcyc snapped his fingers, and he was carried forward, towards the doors of the fortress. Polcyc's eye lolled, as the swaying of his couch nearly sent him to sleep, but he shifted his shoulders, looking down at the little Jedi Master. At the flanks, Sith apprentices were igniting lightsabers, and soldiers were readying blaster pistols. A few acts brought down the surviving soldiers, while Polcyc watched the Jedi, not particularly intently.

The Lord of Sloth idly looked at the holoprojector, which was undoubtedly still showing him to Brandl. He gestured, tilting the camera towards Sunrider. Polcyc began shifting his weight so that the camera would encompass both him and Sunrider, but couldn't be bothered. Lazily gesturing, he sent a wave of the Force at Sunrider. The Jedi bent her knee, raising her personal shield so the strike flew up, and Polcyc simply swatted his hand down, hammering her into the ground, beneath her shield. He raised his hand, and did so again, and Sunrider collapsed to the floor, bleeding from more wounds than ever.

With little concern, nor worry, Polcyc continued to do so, crushing Sunrider into the ground with each blow, more blood oozing from her body until it became a drop away from a corpse. And then, with Sunrider finished, Polcyc reoriented the camera on his eye, staring down at it. "Master Brandl. I have offered you peace. Now, I shall scorch you from Mizra, so that for another five hundred years the Sith will defeat your kind, and your Order will crumble."

"Your offensive is, once more, over."

King to F7

TAG: Winged-Jedi

7. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003
    OOC: That was a good point Saint, one I hadn't considered. I suppose the story would have involved Faith/Megaera escaping captivity to return to the battlefield. But both are now out of action. :p If we see any passed pawns, then I will instead create new characters to rise from the ranks and become a new Jedi Master/Sith Lord.

Sinre, Fins, this battle of wills continues to fascinate. An exchange of queens at this point...very interesting. It may be a good time for that combine you suggested, and if you wish to postpone it then I encourage you to consider it again at some point in future.

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viGCcTgZxmU][i]Jedi Command Post Beta, C1
    [/i][/link]
    In horrified silence the Jedi strategists watched as Master Sunrider was personally dispatched by the enemy general. It was a slow, brutal death, every hammer blow captured in full and gory detail.

"We should switch it off," muttered [b]Baampu[/b], hurrying towards the projector but unable to tear his eyes from the grisly scene. He managed to turn away quickly, glancing at [b]Brandl[/b] as if asking what to do.

Sunrider continued to be pounded by devastating Force attacks, no longer even capable of lifting her head by the end. Blood oozed from her skin. It was a nightmarish and vile way to murder one of the most beloved lights of the Jedi Order.

If there was any consolation (and there was not much) it came in the form of the tactical reports from the area. Apparently Sunrider had lived up to the legacy of her name and more, causing significant damage to the Sith fortress and almost single-handedly taking down some of their most powerful forces, including her own former padawan, Megaera. She had come to within a few feet of the throne room itself, and then it was all over.

The camera shifted, and now it was an enormous and grotesque eyeball which revolved in the air.

[i]"Master Brandl. I have offered you peace. Now, I shall scorch you from Mizra, so that for another five hundred years the Sith will defeat your kind, and your Order will crumble."

"Your offensive is, once more, over."[/i]

Not a word was spoken. Every being in the room turned towards their leader. In this painful moment, with the loss of their talisman, the Republic and the Jedi turned to Censol Brandl, and silently prayed that he would still lead them to victory.

[image=http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/3874/thirtyseven.jpg]

[b]Tag: Fins[/b][/blockquote]

8. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    ooc: Combined post shall come. But right now isn´t a good moment in game and not a good time in RL either for that. So I´ll go ahead.

And in theory it´s possible to have two queens, so I guess if a pawn reaches the last line, that´s to secure a landing zone for reinforcement

[b]Censol Brandl
    [i]Mizra[/i][/b]

With horror he watched his old friend die. Every strike hurt him, too. But he had known what he was doing. He had known there would be a price. Smiling to himself he nodded. The morale had suffered from this. As had his own will. but victory was much closer now. Inevitable in many ways. Looking up, he gave [b]Polcyc[/b] a moment of satisfaction.

[b]"My offensive? My Lord, you have just left your fortress and run to the battlefield like a foot-soldier for my advance forces. Is that all? You can hurt people? What kind of leader are you? I am insulted my council send me here. ME. To get rid of someone like you. Someone with nothing but a lot of men and no clue what to do. First breach of your line and the best you could come up with is run there yourself."[/b] Censol folded his arms and shook his head. The Sith had indeed failed in many ways. [b]"Anyway, now you´ll see what an offensive is. I just want to let you kow that I just decided you are not worthy of my attention. When the time comes to wipe you from Mizra . . . and the time will come. We both know . . ."[/b] Censol forced himself to smile. [b]"When the time comes I won´t care to leave my post. A soldier will do it. Anybody. Nothing important will be about it. You had this moment, this one moment. that´s all you´ll have."[/b] Leaning over to the display, he pushed a single button to give an order. [b]"And if you can´t hear my goodbye, Lord Polly. That´s because of the very loud noise starfighters make when exploding."[/b] He cut the connection with the force hitting the button on the communication officers desk. Turning to his people he opened a channel to all his army.
    [b]
    "Now you´ve seen what we are fighting, here. Wipe ´em out."[/b] And cut this connection, too. Breathing he calmed himself. He did not feel anger, only regret. But he had to show strength. Not serenity, but something the soldiers could relate to. So he gave them something. It was a certain darkness, a deal with a demon, so to say. But it was war. It couldn´t be won without sacrifices. And if Master Sunrider had been ready to loose her life, he would have to loose his perfection.

Finally, as the fighters were approaching their targets he looked to [b]Baamptu[/b].

[b]"Report to the Order, not the Grandmaster but THE ORDER, that Master Sunrider had sacrificed herself. But I am confident I will be able to comply to this other request of our Master."[/b] He said. Should the Jedi Order know the Grandmaster had ordered an execution. And they should know he was carrying it out.

[b]Censol Brandl[/b] did not feel like compromising anymore.

Something the [b]Dark Lord of the Sloth[/b] would learn soon.

[i][b]
    [Move: h4-f5][/b][/i]

[b]Tag: Winged-Jedi[/b]

9. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003
    OOC: Alright, no worries Fins.

As you both may or may not be aware, I'm soon going on an extended break. I'm being dragged away for a family holiday (my last ever) which will last a month exactly, from June 25th to July 25th. The good thing about a game like Chess is that we can leap straight back even after a long absence.

I'll probably still be able to login every now and then to check PMs, but updates are unlikely.

[blockquote][link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHGXfFJ2TMk][i]Skies of Mizra[/i][/link]

"All wings report in!"

The squadron swooped down through the stratocumulus and towards the city skyscrapers.

"Scarlet Seven, standing by."

"Scarlet Eight standing by."

"Scarlet Six standing by."

"Scarlet Three standing by."

"Scarlet Nine standing by."

"Scarlet Eleven, standing by."

The last of the fighters streaked past the office blocks and over the enormous archway that formed the centrepiece of this region of the city. A rising sun greeted them.

"Scarlet Five, standing by...good morning Mizra!"

And there they were- a foul black horde from the north, storming towards them in tight formation. The Sith had arrived.

"Engage enemy fighters! Stay in formation and prepare concussion missiles!"

The fighters swarmed together, releasing volleys of red and green laserfire at each other in their first passes. Already six or seven fighters had slipped away into personal dogfights, chasing each other around buildings and over the rooftops.

"This is Three- got two on my tail- I can't shake 'em!"

"I got your back Three! Yeehaw!"

"Fire missiles on my mark! Three...two...fire!"

Concussion missiles went soaring towards their targets, destroying Sith fighters and sending flaming debris raining down to the streets below. A few of the enemy fighters deployed countermeasures, streaming chaff and evading the attacks, but then even they were swept away in a maelstrom of blasterfire from all sides, and they went crashing into the archway.

"Now that's what I'm talking about!"

"Shooting Sith in the morning- happy birthday to me!"

"Cut the chatter Five!"

But the order was more about maintaining self-discipline than concentrating on the enemy. The battle was already won. The entire engagement had lasted fifteen seconds.

[hr]

[i]New Sith Command Post, F7

"My offensive? My Lord, you have just left your fortress and run to the battlefield like a foot-soldier for my advance forces. Is that all? You can hurt people? What kind of leader are you? I am insulted my council sent me here. ME. To get rid of someone like you. Someone with nothing but a lot of men and no clue what to do. First breach of your line and the best you could come up with is run there yourself. Anyway, now you´ll see what an offensive is. I just want to let you kow that I just decided you are not worthy of my attention. When the time comes to wipe you from Mizra . . . and the time will come. We both know...when the time comes I won´t care to leave my post. A soldier will do it. Anybody. Nothing important will be about it. You had this moment, this one moment. that´s all you´ll have...and if you can´t hear my goodbye, Lord Polly, that´s because of the very loud noise starfighters make when exploding."[/i]

And that was all. The channel closed. Shortly afterwards, the Jedi General made good on his promise.

"My Lord," reported an officer, "our starfighters at F5 have been destroyed by an enemy squadron. What are your orders?"

[image=http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/2254/thirtyeight.jpg]

[b]Tag: Sinre[/b] [/blockquote]

10. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    ooc: I´d say we use my move as a cliffhanger then and go on once you return? With the angry reply of the DarkLordoftheSloth? I intend to end this in style :D Whatever might be the outcome!

Have a good time-out Winged. Looking forward to all your projects once you return!

11. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    OOC: Sounds cool to me, my friends. I'll spend the break looking for a better strategy then the one I have so far. [face_skull]

12. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003
    OOC: Very well. Then this thread is officially on hold until my eventual return! Have a great July, guys. Best month of the year.

13. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003
    OOC: Gentlemen, I have returned. Let battle re-commence. Sinre, your move.

14. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Front

With Master Sunrider a drop of blood away from death, Polcyc gestured his hand and an acolyte interpreted the non-specific gesture to take away the fallen Jedi Master. Everything as proceeding well, and now he had to ensure as much. Paying little heed to his retinue, he pointed forward, touching the minds of his Trandoshan guards, who proceeded to move him forward. The entire retinue dutifully followed, acolytes taking the front and other elements the rear, no one other than the Trandoshans having any idea what their objective was; the Sith simply couldn't be bothered to repeat what he'd mentally said aloud.

And so Polcyc closed his eyes. He didn't have much else to do today other than sleep.

And wait, he supposed.

King to E6

TAG: Winged

15. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003
    Brentaal Broadcasting Corporation:
    The Nightly News Special Report

[Intro music]

[An attractive Zeltron comes into view, standing in the rubble of a bombed street. Charred debris lies all around]

"Blackened and broken, the apartments in Mizra's fashionable Korus Avenue were among the first buildings to be hit in the latest skirmish between Republic and Sith forces. Fortunately the residents had been evacuated an hour previously by the local authorities, but as the battle escalates, others have not been so lucky..."

[Scene shifts to a female Rodian sitting on a street corner, wearing ragged clothing and carrying a small child]

"Greeba Feeliz is among many who have been forced from their homes in the Inner City."

[Greeba begins to speak in Rodese; her voice is dubbed over in Basic]

"My family has lived in Mizra for many years. Life under the Sith has been hard, but we have managed to keep out of trouble. But with the war it has become more difficult. People are shot in the streets. My daughter's school was occupied by Ubese. There is no way we could stay in the north. Our only chance was to leave our home and come here."

[Camera cuts away to a larger sweep of the area, revealing dozens upons dozens of refugees, huddled together behind shelters. Republic troops patrol nearby. The Zeltron reporter speaks again]

"Greeba took her family here, to a temporary safe zone established in the Outer City by Republic troops. After staying here for a few days, they are meant to be transported further south, to the Jedi encampment. But there have been delays caused by the sheer volume of refugees- it is estimated that at least ten thousand Mizrans have already abandoned their homes. Consequently many of the people here have been waiting up to a week to be moved on."

[Cuts to round-faced female Republic soldier; she is directing troops from within a fortified outpost]

"Captain Sarah Posca is stationed on the edges of the Jedi encampment. Her task so far has been to deal with the flood of refugees while urging Mizrans to stay put until the fighting is over."

[Captain Posca begins speaking]

"We're trying our best to accommodate all those who need our help. The problem is that the battle is still very much on, in every region of the City. Until we defeat the Sith forces, it is not safe for people to be on the streets, even in areas controlled by the Republic. I would advise Mizrans to shelter together with their neighbours if they can, and hold tight until we can liberate them. It's a hell of a thing to ask, but too many civilians have been caught in the crossfire, and the Sith don't care who they're shooting at."

[Back to reporter, overlooking the remains of a central square in the Outer City]

"No officers would comment on the latest news from the battlefield, but our sources suggest that the Republic has dealt significant blows to the enemy defenses- though not without taking casualties of their own. The Sith are certainly on the backfoot, and there have been unconfirmed sightings of Lord Polcyc himself leading troops into the Inner City in an attempt to shore up their defenses. But no matter how long this battle drags on for, the people we spoke to have one reason for hope."

[Cuts back to Greeba Feliz, feeding her child]

"We all know that Jedi Master Brandl will save us. We have seen his face on the holos. We have heard the stories about him. He is a wise man, and he will free us from the dark nightmare of the past fifty years. The Force is with him."

[Back to reporter, as Jedi starfighters swoop overhead]

"This is Melissa McDaan, for BBC News."

[i]Jedi Command Post Beta, C1[/i]

If there had been a grim mood following [b]Faith Sunrider's[/b] apparent demise, it had soon been replaced by a mood of defiance and togetherness following another inspiring speech by [b]Brandl[/b]. Their leader

16. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Censol Brandl
    Mizra

The Jedi Master did ignore the broadcast, the morale had been served, now it was time to think of his next step. Without regret, without disturbances. Only he and the hologram where important now. The Sith Lord was running around like a frightened chicken. Frightened animals were dangerous, though. And the Sith close to his fighters who would soon need to touch down.

That was what he was concentrating on. That was what he had to solve. All praise, all death of friends was irrelevant. He had taken what was given to him.

"Move our troops into position to support the starfighters and tell all units to prepare for our final attack." He ordered the droid. Not looking at him. he strongly disliked droids. "And where is Baamptu, anyway? Is it known when he might return?"

[Move: g2 - g4]

Tag: Winged

17. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003

The Front, E6

Lord Polcyc had arrived. The Mizrans cowered in their homes as the Sith procession made its way through the debris-lined streets. At the front, a parade of heavily armed acolytes swept through the rubble, scanning the area with their eyes and the Force. At the rear came courtiers, communications officers, servants and a handful of scholars of various dark disciplines. And in the centre was the great Sloth, carried by four burly Trandoshans, looking for all the world like a tyrant-king out of a storybook.

From the south came the sounds of blasterfire and battle, punctuated by cries of pain and rage. It was there that a line of Ubese mercenaries controlled the crucial central belt of the city, all along the old tram line. They were flanked by two squadrons of Jedi starfighters, which was making their life difficult. The fighters made strafing runs over the area, and the mercenaries held their line time and again. A man would be lost every now and then, or a ship downed, but nothing more than that. Yet. Battle was approaching its endgame, and something would have to give.

At that moment a shadow blurred across the rooftops nearby, attracting a torrent of blasterfire from some of the more trigger-happy acolytes. A sharp order from one of the officers stayed any further fire, and the shadow emerged unscathed from the brief attack. It rolled and dived its way across the archways and skylights until it landed roughly on the dirt before the procession, bowing its head.

When it lifted its face once more, the shadow was revealed to be Sohrab, a scarred Twi'lek scout whose grandfather had helped the Sith capture the city some fifty years previously.

"My lord," rasped the spy, "I come from the Jedi encampment. I have seen a detachment of Republic soldiers mobilising and heading towards the slums at G4. They are well positioned to cover their airborne comrades and assist in an indirect assault upon our center."

[image=http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/2078/forty.jpg]

Tag: Sinre

18. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Centre of the city

There was something mildly invigorating in how Polcyc was encountering the city. Cowed, fortified, and smelling of the sweet nectar of darkness; delicious. He switched the channel to the megaphone, and indulged in some hearts and minds. It amused him, to say the least - interest was reserved for... well, it was duly reserved. That the Lord of Sloth himself was at the battlefront would instill confidence in his comrades. He had not mastered battle meditation - nor had he the patience to master anything - but he knew how to tweak a mind here and there, as his old master had taught him so many centuries ago, now.

With a little nod to himself, he settled into his couch and watched the fighter bearing Sohrab, one of his most loyal scouts, to the throne. The Lord of Sloth looked at a group of technicians, who dutifully set up the hologram of the battlefield, with units denoted by varying symbols of the Sith language - few would understand what was going on, in the true strategic sense - only those acolytes and pawns that had proceeded up the ranks from the shadow academies across the galaxy. He had made it clear that his officers would not assign colours to his display either, so there was little chance of some tiny private looking at the map and panicking. Information was to be controlled, at all costs.

Polcyc nodded.

"So I see, Sohrab. It's time to advance - our opponent has finally acted as I expected." He gestured, tapping a unit with his invisible hand, which would automatically dispatch a signal to the unit, and they would react. An aide would monitor the movement, and the communique, and everything would proceed either way. It was his first and final thrust into enemy territory. And it was to be glorious. And, of course, it would require minimal effort from him. Well, if he'd learned from his master how to use telekinesis, without even gesturing, it would have been.

But it would suffice, for now. Perhaps he could take the time to mould one of his acolytes so all he need to do is prod them mentally.

Before he completely lost his train of thought, he tapped his chair controls one more time. "Brandl... care to surrender yet? I've asked nicely, and all that has happened is that more of your kin have died. You are no Simus, capable of surviving when all that remains is a head, after all."

Rook from H8 to H3

TAG: Fin

19. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003
    Fins, just a note to explain why Sinre wished to tag you directly:

The tag is direct in order to bypass my normal post, thus facilitating some interaction between your two characters and a quick movement of pieces. In IC terms, it translates to a sudden and rapid flurry of action on the battlefield, probably all taking place within the space of a few minutes. In the absence of my usual IC, you can assume that your characters are still being updated on enemy movements as normal.

You are free to continue with this direct format until a piece is captured, at which point please tag me again instead. ;)

[blockquote]
    [image=http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/927/fortyone.jpg]
    [image=http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/3660/chessboardblank.jpg][/blockquote]

20. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    ooc: sorry I am sure there is a move that would make more sense in the chess-science and gamewise, but I am in a little here

Censol Brandl
    Headquarters

"Brandl... care to surrender yet? I've asked nicely, and all that has happened is that more of your kin have died. You are no Simus, capable of surviving when all that remains is a head, after all." The voice came over the speakers nad Censol looked around and laughed. "He go humor, does he?" He answered and saw that Baamptu had arrived again. Bring our troops into the field. Slow advance. We´ll need to do something about that fast approach of him. Later. And then we´ll talk about the Sith´s annhilation." He ordered and opened a channel to the Lord of the Sloth.

"I like your humor. Could be something I have to atone for when I return to my order, liking the humor of a Sith." He began. "But it´s rather sad seeing you become delusional." Censol added. So far he had broken the lines of the enemy. Now he would trap him.

[Move: b2 - b3]

Tag: Sinrebirth

21. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Frontline

"I like your humor. Could be something I have to atone for when I return to my order, liking the humor of a Sith." He began. "But it´s rather sad seeing you become delusional."

Polcyc would have laughed, or even snorted, but his interest was drew by the quick move of his opponent. His quick and largely pointless move. The Lord of Sloth blinked, pointing at his last element of starfighters, and ordering them forward. He returned the call. "Brandl, Brandl, Brandl. You are too stiff, rigid, and inflexible... it is a pity, I must say. You wasted a Sunrider. The Sunrider. How sad."

As Polcyc watched, his next unit moved in, and the battle modulated. His enemies borders were porous, but so where Polcyc's - but he could not be backed into a corner, in the center of the field. His position was assailable, yes, but not entirely. All he needed to do, really, was advance on the enemies rear. And of course terrify him a little.

He so hoped his opponent did what he expected of him.

Knight from B8 to C6

TAG: Fin

22. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    ooc: I thought we should move for the map? Well, now we need one anyway.

Censol Brandl
    Mizra Command Center

Censol raised his brow. He showed the point on the map to Baamptu and his forces were advancing. There should be contact any second now.

"Well, if you say so. Your great expertise you have shown so far surely makes you the man to ask for an evaluation of my skills." Censol replied with thick sarcasm. he was not a man of sarcasm, usually. But as he had reminded himself all day, it was a battle in the soul of his men he had to win. They would take care of all else. "Is there anything substantial we need to talk about? We Jedi are known for patience, I know. but even a Master like me has his limits." He said and folded his arms.

[Move: d4 - c5]

Tag: Winged for the battlefield

23. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003
    OOC: Sorry I would have put up the maps, but I missed that last exchange! Here's the most up-to-date map. Do carry on.

[blockquote]
    [image=http://i29.tinypic.com/2mysr9f.jpg]

[hr]
    [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRMwJe7kbvk&fmt=18]
    [i]The Philusa Mansion, Zone C5[/i][/link]

"Hold the line!" roared Keane, jerking his head away from a window as blaster bolts came tearing through it. The Ubese commander leapt to his feet, rallying his men as they scattered to the strategic defensive points all around the mansion.

Since occupying the building they had set up a communications array in the attic, along with some storage facilities in the cellar. The old Twi'lek couple who had lived there previously had been disposed of and their bodies unceremoniously dumped along with the soldiers' garbage. It was not exactly a fortress, but it was a crucial outpost at the edge of the Inner City. An assault had been expected at some point, but this one had been lightning-fast.

"Sir, intelligence reports a squad of Republic troops are readying an attack!" relayed a young officer.

"I [i]know[/i]!" rasped Keane, as an explosion rocked the lower levels. "They're the ones outside, you idiot!"

He roughly shoved aside the unfortunate subordinate, and raced down the stairs, leaping over the wounded bodies of his men. The dead were dead and the wounded weren't much better. He only had time for the living right now, and their numbers were thinning.

"Man the hallway!" he screamed, directing troops into the central area. "Bring the heavy weapons!"

His men scrambled to obey his instructions, as they had done in battle after battle over the decades, and began setting up a barrier to enemy entry.

But then the front door was blown open, sent flying by the force of a dozen simultaneous detonations. The door spiralled viciously through the air, and sliced straight through Keane's neck. The last thought that went through his mind was: [i]At least it wasn't a Jedi that did it.[/i]

His decapitated head was trampled underneath the stampede of Republic troops, and that was that.

[hr][/blockquote]

24. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Central City

Things proceeded as could be expected. The war was continuing, tools were dying, so on, so forth. He could see his opponents strategy as clear as possible. A lightly pathetic lunge through his heart. Polcyc didn't waste any time - he couldn't be bothered to. Polcyc inclined his head, slightly.

"Is there anything substantial we need to talk about? We Jedi are known for patience, I know. but even a Master like me has his limits."

"Move our mercenaries forward, to kill more foolish Jedi." The Sith spoke to Brandl. "So rude, my little friend. Can't you accept a little conversation between equals?"

Pawn at B6 to C5

TAG: Winged, Fin

25. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003
    [image=http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/6325/fortyfive.jpg]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.