main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chevy K-5 Landspeeder

Discussion in 'Archive: Daytona Beach, FL' started by Q99213, Feb 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    Well I just got my landspeeder back from the shop. The front end is all nice and tight again, so now it doesn't shake like a Jawa on Hoth during the winter when I'm going down the road. Ufortunatly I have to take it back next weekend and get a new Carburator and Air intake put in. For you non-mechanic type that means lots of money, like the money I was going to spend on a Parksaber/Stormtrooper Armor *sniffle* :(

2. Jayna

Jayna Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    How sad!
    I'm sorry to hear that. I'm taking my Pontiac landspeeder in today, so I know how you feel. Everything was going fine until this year when it seems like just about everything decided to break or blow up. :(

3. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Where do you take it? There's a guy on Mason called Woody Wood's Service that is the only guy in town that hasn't tried to screw me over (and being a mechanic I know when I am about to get screwed) I should have my truck all done by this weeked if for some reason your landspeeder breaks down :)

4. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    I was planning on taking it to the local Pontiac dealership place, as that is where my mom told me to go. We've never been jacked around by dealerships.

I hope there's nothing serious. It's my baby!

5. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Haha, well when your truck is 25 years old, the dealerships tend to laugh when you bring it back :p What's it been doing? (or not doing)?

6. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    It's just been making some funky front-end noises. I didn't think much of it, but when my mom came down and visited me, she was pretty concerned and wanted me to take 'er in.

7. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    LOL, well that sums it up :p How old is your car? Does it only make a weird noise when you turn, like a whining noise? Or is it more constant? I just had the entire front end of my speeder re-done. I figured it was bad when I jacked it up to change the tire and I could wiggle it around without loosening the lug nuts, and the fact that as soon as I hit 50 it felt like I was going to break the sound barrier :p

8. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    I'm not even really sure what all it's doing. I'm just following orders. I think it was just making a knocking noise. I have a 97 sunfire. It's really not that old or anything, but like I said, this past year has been crazy.

A good part of my trip to the dealership is that I am also going in for a refund on the repair that I had done on the trip down here in August. We were in the mountains in West Virginia when my tie-rods went. Apparently we were lucky that we didn't lose our front wheels altogether. Not a good thing on mountain roads. I just got a letter from Pontiac saying that there was a recall on the tie rods and that everyone should have them replaced. That means I get the $865 that I shelled out back. Hooray! I'm cool with that! :)

9. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Wow! It's always nice to get lots of money back. Wanna invest in my stormtrooper armor?? ;)

And on a side note: never ever go to Tires Plus on ISB. I went there to get my front end alligned and after sitting around for 3 hours they told me they couldn't because my speeder has a lift kit. They couldn't look out the frelling window and tell me that ahead of time?! So in short I wasted an entire day, didn't get to work out, didn't get to work on my saber or rocket, and have HW up to my eyeballs, including a mid-term project due tomorrow!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhh! *Force crushes Pepsi can next to computer*

10. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    How sad!

If it makes you feel any better, I went to get my refund today only to have them tell me that what I had fixed was not what was recalled- it just had a similar name. Now I still have to take it in soon and have it fixed again. How upsetting.

11. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Aw man, I'm sorry. We just aren't having very much auto-luck are we? Did they tell you what you needed fixed? I'm taking mine in to the shop in about 10 minutes to get all souped up. My roommate said after today I'll have to stop calling my truck Frankenstein and call it the Millenium Falcon because it looks like crap, but it'll be fast as heck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.