main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chewbacca, Anakin...Who's next???

Discussion in 'Literature' started by FOZY, Mar 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FOZY

FOZY Jedi Youngling

Feb 21, 2002
    Who should be the next one killed off? How's this sound...Ben is captured by the YV. Mara falls back to the Dark Side in her attempt to rescue him, but in turn cripples the YV to a point where they are now beatable if the New Republic gets their act together. Luke Skywalker then kills Mara Jade-Skywalker to save Ben.

2. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    Why the hell would Luke want to kill Mara, darksider or not ??

3. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Iblis probly...

4. DVader316

Feb 18, 2000
    Uno mas, 'Dude.

5. Mandalore74

Mandalore74 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2001
    I say that Iblis is a good bet, but don't count out some popular Rogues or Wraiths either. Maybe Tycho or Gavin.

6. very-superior

very-superior Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 11, 2002
    FOZY, if they did that I would never read another SW book again.

I think that it will have to be Wedge, unfortunately.

7. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    They can kill off the Wraiths all they like. I never got into the WS books. However, the death of Wedge, Janson, Gavin...well any Rouge would be a tragedy and the same goes for Iblis. Iblis was one of the few who actually fought at Coruscant and it would be such a shame to lose such a fighter!

8. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    If Wedge leads the retreat from Corascant(which he does) it mean his supirior officer is most likly dead. Iblis is probly one of the higher ranking officers. Others may include Reikeen(I thini hes back) and Dryson.

9. Big_Brother

Big_Brother Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2000
    My guess is that no one in the Skywalker/Solo clan is going to die during the last few books of the NJO.

10. AT-ST_DRIVER

AT-ST_DRIVER Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2001
    i hope mara dies. she's the only reason Luke doesn't destroy the vong in 5 minutes.

11. Baron_Fel

Baron_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2001
    I think Bel Iblis is dead.How can you survive if you directly engage a numerically superior foe.We also haven't heard much from him for a while.He's probably dead already.Pity,I liked his character.

12. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    I do think Riekken was back. I'm not sure though and I hope that Drayson got off the planet.

I think the reason why Wedge commands the remnents of the NR forces is he has superb command experience and was a great hit and run leader. There are many people superior to Antilles some being Drayson, Ackbar (retired, albeit...but then again so was Wedge), Iblis and unfortunatly Madine was killed. I rather liked the guy. The problem is Wedge is a pilot and not a fleet leader. Of course his charisma and ability to be a fairly good commander landed him the role of commander of NR defense or what is left of the NR. Also, with Fel'ya dead i'm going to presume that Leia will play a pivitol role in the upcoming months and Wedge is her friend, so that might help...

13. Infiltrator

Infiltrator Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 4, 2002
  14. Baron_Fel

Baron_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2001
    Hey,if Wedge doesn't die in the NJO he might become the next President.

j/k

15. very-superior

very-superior Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 11, 2002
    Errant Venture, this is a mini-spoiler, but there is no one superior to Wedge. He was placed in control of the entire NR military.

16. MysteryWhiteBoy8

MysteryWhiteBoy8 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 4, 2001
    EV. . . . Wedge is a fleet leader. He was given command of Luskankya and successfully drove Admiral Palleaon back to where the Empire is now.

Following the destruction of Knight Hammer at Yavin, Palleaon seized Orinda with his own SSD, Reaper. General Antilles struck back and pushed the Imperials out of the six other systems they had conquered, but unfortunately suffered a defeat at Orinda itself, and he was forced to retreat. Later on, of course, he was at Almania and won that battle singlehandedly as commander. These are the only real documented reports of Wedge as a leader, but he did command the Lusakya for sometime. I hope Wedge's abilities aren't in question here.

17. FOZY

FOZY Jedi Youngling

Feb 21, 2002
    I guess I left this topic too wide open. I meant who was the next to go in the Solo/Skywalker families? Luke is too important to kill off, especially with the birth of Ben. Jacen and Jania are the yin and yang of the galaxy-you can't have one without the other. Han and Leia-divorce maybe not death. That leaves Mara. I may be wrong, but I think she's going to be a problem somewhere down the road. Also, what do you think about Luke training Ben? Have the two of them just disappear for a few years? Some far off planet with no outside contact?

18. Balance_Point

Balance_Point Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Chewbacca, Anakin...Who's next???

Why does someone have to be next? I mean, there are good, valid reasons for the deaths of Chewie (shock value; sets the reader up for the darker tone of the NJO) and Anakin (again, catches the reader off-guard, killing a character they'd taken the time to develop; also greatly advances the storyline), but does there really have to be another Skywalker/Solo death in this series? I don't really see any logical reason, unless it takes place at the very end (in which case, it could either resolve something or set the stage for another series). But that's just my opinion...

At any rate, if someone does have to die, I'd say my money is also on Mara. :)

19. HouseArrest

HouseArrest Jedi Youngling

Mar 5, 2002
    At any rate, if someone does have to die, I'd say my money is also on Mara.

Man, people on this board sure hate Mara.

I'd like to see Kyp die, but in a blaze of glory, like saving Han and Leia or something. That would be cool.

20. Balance_Point

Balance_Point Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Actually, yes, that would be cool if he died in a heroic way like that. Maybe that way a few more people would be willing to forgive him for what he's done in the past. :)

21. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I doubt that Kyp would die. Everybody around him could die , but he'd just walk away from it all with barely a scratch...

22. JediStryker

JediStryker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 5, 2000
    I thought the same thing about Anakin, smuggler. [face_plain]

23. DVader316

Feb 18, 2000
    I think that Kyp still has a major role to play in the NJO, where Anakin had already gone as far as DelRey and LFL were going to let him.

24. Jedi_Riibu

Jedi_Riibu Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    Everyone's invited over to my house for a party the day Corran Horn dies :D

25. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    Mara has never gone over to the dark side and I am betting never will. Luke would never kill Mara to save Ben.....killing in anger is of the dark side.

Ben is safe for the moment, and probably will be safe until the end of the series and past the end.

On one of these threads, someone said that LFL gave a list of characters to the authors of the books, listing those that could NOT be killed off. Someone thinks that Han, Leia and Luke are included. I agree.

I am hoping Mara does not die - and she is NOT the reason that Luke does not kill the vong in 5 seconds. Sheez!

Why are there so many of these "who will die next" threads?

I hope Wedge doesn't die - he has a wife and family. So does Corran. And, Gavin does also.

Yes, so did Chewbacca, but that is slightly different. Mr. Lucas was drinking some bad Correlian Ale the day he said "kill Chewbacca off" to the creators of the New Jedi Order series.

I'd like to see one New Jedi Order book where no one dies.

I want Kyp to bite the big one next. I have not liked him ever since his introduction in the Jedi Academy Trilogy. And, if anyone links him to Jaina romantically, I'll barf. He was ~16 when she was 2!!!!!! That is just sick!

Yes, there is an age difference between Han and Leia, but that worked better than....this other suggestion.

Enough rambling, I'm done now. I just got back from the dentist.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.