main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Chewbacca in Episode VIII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth-Seldon, Dec 19, 2015.

1. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Sure.
    He makes a decision. He could go a number of directions. It's good for his character to have to do that.

2. akaydia

akaydia Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 25, 2015
    Here are my guesses:

Rey tries to convince Luke to leave- only to find that the falcon doesn't work anymore. The porgs have disassembled some ship parts, so they cannot leave. Chewbacca spends time trying to repair the ships using parts from both ships. Leia agrees to send ships over to pick up Luke. Chewbacca must find a way to protect the ship from the porgs.

The porgs demand that Chewbacca prove himself by fighting the sea serpent with Rey.

Kylo Ren's fleet arrives instead of the Resistance.

When Kylo Ren's fleet arrives, Chewbacca flies the ship while R2D2 shoots. Kylo takes out the falcon and it crash lands in the ocean. Chew and R2D2 must get out of the falcon before it sinks.

When Chewie makes it to shore, he is in charge of guarding Kylo and not letting him escape. Kylo and Chewbacca have a one-on-one talk.

3. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    I think it would be an absolutely beautiful and classy move for Rian Johnson to have Chewbacca walk off into into the Ahch-to sunset, and end his journey there.

However, I suspect he will recover from his loss by communing with Ahch-to's fauna, and then rejoin Rey and Luke in the fight.

4. MichaelSkellig

MichaelSkellig Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 1, 2017
    Does Luke speak Wookie? I can't remember. Will Rey have to interpret for him?

5. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    I think so. Chewbacca likes Rey. Han said so, and you can see how he looks at her.

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  6. GregMcP

Jul 7, 2015
    No one wants Vengeful Rogue Chewbacca?
    He goes all Saw Gerrera, forms a band of radical aliens and tortures and slaughters his way through the First Order towards Kylo and Snoke.

Baron_Papanerd and MotivateR5D4 like this.
  7. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    I think there has to be more to Chewbacca having shot and injured Kylo. And the fact that Kylo killed Han. How can there not be a side plot there given that they both have reasons to be after each other?

8. Darth__Lobot

Darth__Lobot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 29, 2015
  9. Blue 5

Blue 5 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2017
    My boy Chewie is looking great!

Darth Smurf likes this.
  10. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    [​IMG]
    If Chewie ever has kids I bet that he will do everything to avoid them seeing this picture.

Baron_Papanerd and Django Fett like this.
  11. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    That's both bizarre and hilarious.

12. Eugene3

Eugene3 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2017
    He leaves Ahch-To at some point (possibly with Rey)and fights on Crait?This isn't the MF

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
    Can't view the images, but assume they're of Chewie in the "skimmer" craft from Crait. If so, you're right. It isn't the MF. And it's very likely on Crait. So Chewie does indeed leave, and probably with Rey.

Eugene3 likes this.
  14. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Chewie does look great in the ST.

Gigoran Monk likes this.
  15. Pliolite

Pliolite Jedi Master star 3

May 3, 2014
    He does look more 'real' than ever. Though I wish he looked older.... he looks younger than his appearance in ROTS! ;)

Yeah I believe he will leave for Crait, with Rey, and they leave Luke behind... though Luke will change his mind and raise the X Wing from the depths to follow them.

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  16. KembaSkywalker

KembaSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 16, 2016
    Chewie does have a son in actual canon, we met him in an Aftermath novel :)

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lumpawaroo

17. cronus33

cronus33 Jedi Master star 2

Apr 17, 2005
    Something crossed my mind the other day after watching the BTS reel. There is an opportunity for a a very intense/emotional scene between Chewie and Kylo/Ben.

You could really see how torn and upset Chewie was about seeing Ben, and of course what happened. Imagine a scene with him and Chewie together? Whether it be a conversation, a fight, Chewie trying to rip his arms off, etc. What makes it so powerful, though, is the fact that Ben grew up with Chewie, and Chewie probably helped raise him. Like family. I can imagine the rage in Chewie, and the urge to just trash Ben, but the reluctance because he loves him. In my head, I have a vision of a scene where Chewie sort of grabs him (in the middle of anotehr fight or something?) and and bear hugs him, or pins him to the ground, etc. Could be quite the emotionally charged, intense scene...

18. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    Could Chewie be moving into a phase where he's no longer part of the main missions of the films after 8 but we always see him as a pilot in the big space battles? I would hope not but that is one way they could go if they feel like Chewie doesn't quite work as a main character side kick with Rey or Finn...I guess what I'm saying is maybe he'll have a pretty minor role in Ep. 9?

19. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Not likely now, with a younger guy playing him. And there are no new characters yet that can supplant Chewie's role as the "big guy" of the group. So he's safe.

20. GregMcP

Jul 7, 2015
    It's cool that we are wondering what so many characters will do next. The obvious... what will Luke, Rey, Kylo do? And then, well, what will Chewie do? I can think of a good number of legit directs he could take. Another thing to look for.

Gigoran Monk likes this.
  21. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
    I love Chewie to death, but I do hope the series moves on to involve a different alien sidekick for the new heroes.

11-4D likes this.
  22. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014

That is ABSOLUTELY the Millennium Falcon. See here:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

CrazyOldJedi likes this.
  23. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Quick question: What's Chewie's bandolier for? Has he ever used it? Have even seen hit touch it?

starocean90 likes this.
  24. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Yeah, I too wish they would of put more grey into Chewie's fur. And I like the idea of Luke being the one who gets his X-Wing out of the ocean; and leaving Ahch-to in it.

25. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    well do you want him to be naked? My Poor innocent eyes.:p
    his bandolier is to give him clothing. Think of a teddy bear who just wears a shirt.;)

and I don't think we've ever seen him do anything with it.