main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Chewbacca's offspring, perhaps they to could be Force sensative.

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by JediKnightOB1, Aug 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. malaksilver

malaksilver Jedi Youngling

Oct 8, 2013
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lowbacca
    chewie's children are not force sensative due to it being rare in wookies but it is said that there is one in every genaration
    chewie's sister's son is a jedi named lowbacca who carries a bronze lightsaber

2. malaksilver

Oct 8, 2013
    from what i known of the expanded univise yoda was the last of his race, although it has never been explaned

3. CryGoneGin

CryGoneGin Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 28, 2013

In fairness, this trilogy has no obligation to support EU concepts. These are going to be official films of the main saga, and as such, they should be able to rewrite whatever they want. I like the EU and all (some aspects more than others) but in my mind, the Episodes are the absolute true representation of the universe and it's concepts/history/so on and so forth.

But that's just me. :)

4. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I want an army of RoboWookies. Maybe Chewie survives the moon incident and becomes that.

"Dead or alive, you're coming with me."

5. Motterman

Motterman Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 22, 2000
    Lowy is the worst, most unlikely character in the whole EU.

6. malaksilver

Oct 8, 2013
    i agree that they don't have to support it but it would be nice to see some of the better parts of it influence the new movies

CryGoneGin and Nenim Chela like this.
  7. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Maybe they'll be force sensitive, but I'm not entirely sure if they'll be Force sensative.

8. Nenim Chela

Nenim Chela Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 2, 2013
    Haha. I'm digging it.

9. CryGoneGin

Aug 28, 2013

Oh, absolutely. On that point, I honestly wish Filoni's The Clone Wars had been produced between Episodes II-III, as maybe the excellent ideas on that show could have influenced George's plotting of Episode III. As it is, the show is jarring if you watch it in between II and III as part of a "saga" marathon, as the immensely-better writing of the prequel characters and conflicts reverts back to Lucas' rather limp-in-comparison storytelling in Revenge of the Sith.

I agree that the EU post-Episode VI should be referenced, if only at least infinitesimally, as to its credit (no Republic pun intended) it had some excellent ideas, such as the Empire still having remnants fighting their extinction, eventually there being a unique non-Sith threat, and Leia and Han's relationship issues (we should admit, ROTJ makes it look like they are utterly at peace and lovey-dovey at the end there. In reality, they would be in for a ton of problems later...).

10. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    What about Nien Nunb's kids? They'll be in the new film for sure, so there's a good chance at least one will be a Jedi.

11. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Nien Nunb looked like if Mario's face melted.

12. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    I get your point, but I somewhat disagree. The way I see it, TCW basically exists as an opportunity to round out the characters in a way that the movies simply aren't able to by virtue of their more operatic nature... giving more depth to not only the Jedi, but the Clones as well, which makes the events of ROTS that much more powerful. So as long as you're prepared for that change of focus and shift to a more heightened tone, I think it works quite well. I don't usually watch the saga that way anyway, but I do like having the option.

13. CryGoneGin

Aug 28, 2013

A very good point. I mostly just lament that the show's big events (Ahsoka's existence, the more complex and sympathetic portrayal of the clones, Boba Fett's return, the Death Watch conflicts and Obi-Wan's relationship with Satine, and the big one, Maul's return and both his and Savage Opress's shenanigans) are not able to have a direct impact on Episode III, and thus feel sort of pointless in the end, as they made almost no difference to the story of the prequels.

How great would it have been if instead of General Grievous, Lucas had ported Maul from the cartoons to be Grievous's replacement as the new general of the Separatist army, now mind-controlled into obedience by Sidious? Yes, there'd be some inevitable exposition to explain how Maul survived to viewers who don't keep up with the EU, but I picture the duel on Utapau being much more dramatic and exciting if it were the final battle between Obi-Wan and his master's murderer. Maybe I just loved Maul's depiction in the show too much...

But to bring this back to the topic, if Chewie had a Force-sensitive child in the new trilogy, I would be a-okay with it.

14. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    Nah, I like Grievous in ROTS, and infinitely prefer him to the idea of Maul returning, although I've only seen the first couple of season 5 episodes, so I haven't seen too much of his story yet.

Anyway, I don't see much point in Chewie having a child in the movies at all, and if he did I recon there will be enough Force-sensitive children as is without Chewie's being one as well.

CryGoneGin likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.