main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

chewie lines

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by smellyouvediscovered, Jun 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smellyouvediscovered

smellyouvediscovered Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 3, 2004
    theres a great part in ESB when lando says they arrived right before you did, i had no choice, im sorry (or something like that). then han says im sorry too and it immediatley cuts to chewie who looks at lando and gives his groan , yell, whatever. i wonder if he says something there like "youre a deadman". does anyone know if chewie and r2s lines are documented or is that asking too much. i know r2 says "im serving drinks" on the sandbarge.

2. Lord_Coras

Lord_Coras Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 26, 2001
    Most of Artoo's lines are repeated by the one he speaks to.
    "Yes, I'm sure it's perfectly safe for droids."
    "You think coming here was a bad idea?"
    "No, I don't think he likes you at all."
    "The city central computer told you?"

3. cowgirl_something

cowgirl_something Jedi Youngling

May 11, 2004
    You can figure out most of Chewbacca's lines by listening to the conversation immediately before and after, too.

4. DS615

DS615 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2003
    This leads to an interesting question. Did Mr. Mayhew have actual "lines" to read? Or did the director just have him make some sounds and gestures?

I don't think I've ever seen anything about that.

5. DarthNigel

DarthNigel Jedi Master star 3

Jul 14, 2003
    The one line of Chewie's that I'd like to hear the translation of is in ESB, when they're approaching Bespin and being confronted by the Cloud City security people.

Leia says "I thought you knew this person". Then Chewie growls something, and Han says "Well, that was a long time ago. I'm sure he's forgotten about that."

Han is obviously replying to what Chewie said, but we never learn what Lando supposedly "forgot" from his past relationship with Han.

6. smellyouvediscovered

smellyouvediscovered Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 3, 2004
    also, when he gets angry at han for not helping him out with the repairs id love to know what he says. looks like he says a lot

7. Lukes_Lightsaber

Lukes_Lightsaber Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    I think Chewie swears a lot. Like when Han asks him how the repairs are going, and Chewie blows up at him.

8. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    I don't think Chewie's lines are that hard to figure out. Much like the situation with R2-D2, everything is repeated after something is said. And even when its not repeated, you could assume Chewie's feelings by the deepness of the growl.

9. lexu

lexu Force Ghost star 6

May 28, 2002
    I always imagined Chewie and R2 as being very witty. I'd probably be disillusioned if I knew what the actually said. :p

10. SkafeeXAddict

SkafeeXAddict Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 8, 2003
    "Han is obviously replying to what Chewie said, but we never learn what Lando supposedly "forgot" from his past relationship with Han."

Here's a short version:

Well, in the EU, in the Han Solo Trilogy. Han's friend asks Han to help her fight in a battle for the Rebelion. Han in turn asks Lando for help. Han's friend promises money after the fight. They fight and win. After the battle, to pay for the damage, Han's friend takes all the captured treasures and money. Han leaves the planet in dissmay, and on the way drops Jabba's spices to out run the Imperials (we all know that story) and Jabba makes him pay it. Han then goes to Lando's to ask for some money and Lando calls him a low life and a double crosser and etc for not getting the promised money. Lando punches him and the last words he tells him is . . . "But don't ever come near me again!" and slams the door.

Now fast forward to ESB. Han needs to repair, and the closest place in Cloud City and on their way Chewie mentions that past event and Han says he must have forgoten. That is why when Han and Lando first meet Han recoils but all they do is embrace. We only find later that Lando is nice to Han because he is has Darth Vader breathing down Lando's neck forcing Lando to bring Solo to him.

Take it or leave it. Your choice.

11. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    I always imagined Chewie and R2 as being very witty. I'd probably be disillusioned if I knew what the actually said.

Well, i think that having the characters such as Chewbacca and R2-D2 in the Saga was a good idea. It left the audience to feel free to guess the mood of each character.

12. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    "What's that, Chewie? You say Timmy has fallen down the well?"

13. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I always figured the one scene went like this:

Han: "I'm taking her in closer to one of the big ones."
    Leia: "Closer!"
    3PO: "Closer?!"
    Chewie: "Closer!"

;)

14. 4LOM

4LOM Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 9, 2004
    Funny, I always imagined that scene going like this:

Leia: "Closer?"
    C3PO: "Closer?"
    Chewie: "You're out of your mind, Han!" (Or something to that effect)

Someone with much more free time than me should go through all 3 movies and translate what Chewie and R2 are saying. It could be done seriously, with conjecture as to what the two of them are saying, or be done humorously, with sarcastic/witty comments from the Wookie and the astro-droid.

15. Aelle

Aelle Jedi Youngling

Jun 11, 2004
    I've always wanted to know what chewie says to Han right after Leia kisses Luke. It's said in kind of a relaxed, casul tone, not a growl or holler. Han just kind of looks at Chewie as they walk out of the room, but doesn't give any hint as to what Chewie said.

16. ZX-34122

ZX-34122 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2004
  17. SkafeeXAddict

SkafeeXAddict Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 8, 2003
    "I've always wanted to know what chewie says to Han right after Leia kisses Luke. It's said in kind of a relaxed, casul tone, not a growl or holler. Han just kind of looks at Chewie as they walk out of the room, but doesn't give any hint as to what Chewie said."

Chewie: You got served!

18. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    I think Chewie swears a lot. Like when Han asks him how the repairs are going, and Chewie blows up at him.

Yeah, I think that too [face_mischief] Both Chewie and Artoo are probably cussing up a storm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.