main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Chewie return?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by jnrssa, Sep 24, 2013.

1. jnrssa

jnrssa Jedi Padawan

Jan 29, 2013
  2. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    Immortiss likes this.
  3. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006
    They could be looking for Chewie or another Wookiee or even just a really tall alien, it's all still to vague. I know that Peter Mayhew is getting up there in years and uses a cane now for walking but that doesn't mean he can't still wear the costume. If they looking for a stunt double for Peter I could see that happening.

4. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Thanks, but a standalone rumor thread like this is actually permissable now... http://boards.theforce.net/threads/we-have-kept-you-in-suspense-long-enough.50015065/

It needs to stay on topic, and other threads for the same rumor will be locked or merged. If debunked, etc. the thread will be locked, or if officially confirmed it will be updated as such.

5. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012

I'm wondering where are people getting the idea that this casting call is too small for Chewie? Peter Mayhew was 7.2ft tall.

6. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Peter Mayhew just had both knees replaced. He hopes to be walking on his own soon. He loves the character and wants to come back for Episode 7.

If they re-cast Chewie, I'll be ticked.

If they bring in another Wookie...that's OK. :cool:

7. Sith-Mullet

Sith-Mullet Jedi Master star 3

Aug 2, 2003
    I hear Lumpy is available. ;)

Immortiss likes this.
  8. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Never gets old...
    [​IMG]

Never gets good, either... but, never gets old...

9. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    Other than Mayhew saying so, do we have any other info on his Ep III contract having a sequel clause?

Also, is the agency that got the casting call Warrick Davis' company that deals with the tall and the small?

Immortiss likes this.
  10. HugoWanKenobi

HugoWanKenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 3, 2013
  11. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007

12. Vicarious Fan

Vicarious Fan Jedi Master star 3

Jul 1, 2013

I hope he gets better but if he has to be on a movie set he will be standing for long periods of time. I suppose they could give Chewie a cane and make him look much older.
    Still I would be very suprised if Chewie isn't in this movie.

13. sons_of_anakin_tatooine

sons_of_anakin_tatooine Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 28, 2005
    yea i think the best way to go about this new trilogy is have them at the ages they are. they could even show chewie like battle scared wich could be a excellent way to explain a cain he can use. id also like to see the falcon a bit battle worn as well.

14. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
  15. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    I know Pete's health isn't the greatest right now, but I actually think it'd be awesome to have Chewy walk with a cane in the movies. They're all getting old, hell, Chewy's been fighting since at least RotS, why ignore their age when you can embrace it?

16. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012

Nope, this thread has received the mod golden stamp of approval for now.

17. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    If Peter Mayhew feels like he could still do Chewie, I would hope they would go to him first and if he's having surgery now, I think he would be ready by the time they start filming. Maybe that is a casting call for another Wookie or even for someone/something else.

18. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    No. I don't want to see Chewie.

19. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Of course Chewie is in! Peter Mayhew signed on for Episodes 7-9 back in 2004 when he signed on for ROTS. First signing.

IMO the stone cold locks are R2D2, C3PO, Chewie and the Falcon!

And, obtw, speaking of locks, IB4TL:p

20. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    I am actually fine with someone else playing Chewie if Mayhew isn't up for it, for whatever reason.
    Besides the droids, Chewbacca has the potential to be the longest participant in the Sagas, due to the Wookiees having a rather long lifespan. From what I gather, he's still got some 200 or so years in him, after ROTJ.
    Unless he dies, he might have to be recast sometime anyway.

21. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I think it would be so badass if Chewie and the Falcon were passed down to the new Solo character. Course, I want Han to live as long as possible in the ST, but I suspect Harrison'll finally get his wish.

22. jnrssa

jnrssa Jedi Padawan

Jan 29, 2013
    cant think of too many actors that height, quick search says only really richard kiel, matthew mcgrory or kevin peter hall

23. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    I don't think the powers that be are going to chance leaving out characters who are so familiar and so loved by the fans. I'm not taking about bringing back dead characters or anything like that, I'm talking about simply leaving out characters that so obviously should be there.

There would be absolutely no reason that if Han Solo is there, that Chewie wouldn't be.

Whether Mayhew returns or this casting call is actually for Chewie remains to be seen, but no Chewie would be a huge mistake.

Immortiss and Sarge like this.
  24. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I'm sorry, don't quite want to see cane Chewie, that would be odd. I'm actually down with a very active Chewie in the ST, hanging with the main characters, maybe as much as he was in the OT. Mayhew for closeups sitting in Falcon & other guy for walkin round and tearing arms off droids and so forth.

Immortiss likes this.
  25. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    Chewie can be played by literally anyone tall enough, I have no idea why this idea bothers people so?

He's a tall guy in a furry suit, not exactly rocket science.

Immortiss and LunarMoth like this.