main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chiaroscuro (JA)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Anakin's Angel, Oct 4, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

Deep breath. Okay, I can do this! Here is the first part of the story that is inspired by the plot bunny posted by kadi-wan kenobi. I'm not going to reveal too much about what I intend to do with the story, so you'll have to read and find out ;) Since this is my first JA attempt, any boo-boos that I make, please feel free to point out. And now...

"Keep your cool, Padawan. We must not show any disrespect to our hosts."

16-year old Obi-Wan Kenobi straightened, unconsciously tugging on the too-tight clothes he was wearing. It was easy to remain focused when he was dressed in his own clothes, but now? Sent to Junaal undercover, they were clad in the clothes of native Junaalians. Which meant, tight, black trousers coupled with a deep, red tunic. Which would have been alright, had they been able to find his size. It was all he could do not to fidget and tug at the too-tight pants. He was convinced that this was some form of torture. "I'm sorry, Master. It's just-"

"Yes, I apologize for your discomfort. There was very little time to prepare, Padawan." Qui-Gon smiled briefly, taking in the sight of his apprentice. Had it not been for Obi-Wan's Padawan braid, twisted up tightly under his right ear, he would have mistaken him for an actual resident. Most Junaalians were young, having inhabited the planet not quite 20 years past.

Obi-Wan, still scowling, cleared his mind as their liason entered the room. Young, maybe not ten years older than he, Governor Queana smiled at him. Yet, he didn't miss the near-frown the man sent his Master. Well, seeing as how the planet was ruled by young people, the young politician probably felt more at ease with Obi-Wan. What was troubling the Padawan, however, was the striking smililarities between this situation and Melida/Daan. //Yes, but you won't make that mistake again will you?//

"Governor Queana, I am Master Qui-Gon Jinn, and this is my apprentice, Obi-Wan Kenobi." Qui-Gon bowed, urging Obi-Wan to do the same.

The Governor simply let out an indignant huff and shook his head. "Jedi, we do not need your kind here. Always thinking you know everything, that you're so perfect-"

Obi-Wan stiffended, and was immediately glad for his Master's strong calm mind. "I'm sorry, Governor. Was it not your Government that sent a message to the Jedi Council?" He asked, smoothly.

Queana ducked his head, shuffling the flimsy littering his desk. Before he could answer, the door slid open, allowing entrance to a girl around Obi-Wan's age. She smiled warmly at them, turning to give her brother the meanest of glares. "It was me that sent that message, not the esteemed Governor," She informed them. "As head of the Junaalian security forces, I was in full right to do so."

"Correct you are....?" Feeling awkward, for not being more prepared, Qui-Gon had to resort to outright asking.

"Captain Risa Queana, but please call me Risa," She walked forward, signalling them to follow. "There are some matters that need to be discussed, things I need freedom to speak of." The secretive tone of her voice said it all. She wanted to tell them the whole story, but not with the Governor around.

Qui-Gon nodded. "We are at your disposal, Risa." //Keep your eyes open, Padawan. All is not what it seems here.//

//Yes, Master.//

Before taking her leave of them, the petite Captain informed them of where they would be staying. The Governor, and now Risa, would be the only two here aware of their Jedi status. To anyone else, they would simply be commonfolk. They secured a meeting time that evening, and parted ways.

Neither the Jedi, or the Captain, noticed the shadow along the wall. Nor had they seen said shadow flee when all was clear...

aa :D

okay, let me know how that was!

2. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    So far so good! Just have faith in yourself, Anakin's Angel! If Obi-Wan's clothes are too tight, how do Qui-Gon's fit? Are they too loose, too short, or (even more aggravating) just right?

3. Ejedir2

Ejedir2 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2000
    I have the same question Jane:) It's good! Keep it up!

4. Anakin's Angel

May 3, 2000

Thanks guys! There is more, but I need to edit it a bit. I will go into why they are dressed like that (and how Qui's fit). And why obi's are so dang tight in the first place! ;) As I write more, I think I will become less..nervous about it. It's funny, I can write romance, but something like this sends me into panic! lol

5. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    Don't worry, Anakin's Angel. This story has gotten off to a great start. I'm looking forward to more. :)

6. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Oooh, I like! The sight of Obi running around in too-tight pants.......hhmmm.....delectable!
    Can't wait for more! :)

7. Healer Apprentice Lina

Healer Apprentice Lina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    A JA by Anakin's Angel!
    WOO HOO!
    I've bookmarked and am ready for more!

8. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Are they tight black LEATHER pants?
    *sigh-bliss*

Great start AA! Can't wait for your next post!

9. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Me likes.... Me likes!!!!!!

I look forward to more!

10. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    What does Chiaroscuro mean, anyway? Every time I read it, I think of the local Churrasco Steak House. Good meat, good salad bar.

11. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Very good start, AA!

12. Anakin's Angel

May 3, 2000

Jane, it means "The artistic use of light and shade." Or, in this case, light and dark. I thought it was a cool word (I scan encarta for titles, like the nerd I am!) More later...I just got back access to my laptop..!

13. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    A wondeful start AA. I'm anxiously looking forward to more.

Post often, post soon.

14. JediRogue9

JediRogue9 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 8, 2000
    I really like this! I juss started reading the JA books last weeks and I luv um.

15. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

KADI-WAN_KENOBI Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2000
    Just found this Anakin's Angel. Its great so far! This looks definitely promising. Glad you took up the plot.

:) UP!

16. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
  17. Anakin's Angel

May 3, 2000

Okay, here's more. Again, tell me what you think!

Obi-Wan walked cautiously with his Master along the halls of the Palace. He longed to free himself from the ridiculous Junaal getup, and wondered why it was never his Master that had trouble like this. //Must be a new form of Padawan torture.// Qui-Gon's clothes fit him like a glove, naturally. It hadn't been his Master's fault, really. Having been suffereing from the flu for the past two weeks, Obi-Wan wasn't even supposed to be on this mission.

The clothes had been tailored to fit a much smaller Padawan, the young man who was supposed to join Qui-Gon in his place.

//Well,// Obi-Wan thought, //it's going to take more than the flu to keep me down.// The thought of recovering with the healers, while some upstart Padawan walked beside *his* Master, did more good than any of the medicines they'd tried. So, here he was, stuffed into a pair of tight, leather pants.

"Padawan Nerra would have worn them without complaint, Padawan." Qui-Gon said, lightly. He didn't usually pick up on Obi-Wan's mental musings, but the boy was broadcasting loud enough to be heard back on Coruscant.

Obi-Wan, tired and slightly cranky, slumped against the wall. "Master, Nerra is at least a size smaller than me!" He was acting childish, he knew it. All this over pants? Apparently, Qui-Gon agreed.

With a long look, the Jedi Master shook his head. "We have more important things to focus on now, Obi-Wan," He placed a large hand on the marble wall, "Is there something else bothering you?" Qui-Gon was trying to allow the boy his dignity, but it was obvious that something way beyond the pants was bothering him.

//Yes.// But he didn't want to tell Qui-Gon that. His grasp on the Force was still weakened, due to the effect of the virus, and his head still felt muzzy. In his efforts to shield this from his Master, he had found his focus dwelling on the wardrobe. //These sithly bantha-hide hip huggers!// A wave of spiraliing diziness hit then, and all thoughts of hiding his ailments from Qui-Gon fell along with him onto the floor.

Qui-Gon was there an in instant, supporting his head. Mentally berating himself for not noticing sooner, he reached for his com and dialed up the extension Risa had given them. "Risa, this is Master Qui-Gon. I am in need of a healer...."

Lying under the pale medical-bay lights, Obi-Wan looked all of thirteen, Qui-Gon thought. The Governors healers were well-equipped, and his Padawan was now resting comfortably. Yet, what happened? Had he not be assured by the Temple's Master healer that Obi-Wan was, indeed, healthy, he would never have allowed the boy to accompany him.

Although, in hindsight, he should have seen this coming. Obi-Wan felt things on different levels, compared to some Padawans. He was also highly possessive of his Master. These two things, coupled with the possibility of remaining behind while another Padawan took his place....even for one mission...he could see how Obi-Wan might have overlooked his health.

"A relapse, I'm afraid."

Qui-Gon turned, giving the quiet healer a smile. "He is strong, but we all have our limits."

"Master?" Came a tentative voice from the bed.

Both healer and Master smiled then, as the bright eyes of Obi-Wan blinked open. "Yes, Obi-Wan?"

A pause. Qui-Gon could sense the wheels turning inside the boys head. "I'm sorry, Master."

"I will now take my leave. Captain Risa informed me that she will be stopping by shortly," She walked over to Obi-Wan. "You, young man, have two days bedrest ahead of you. If I see you again....."

"You won't," Obi-Wan assured her with a grin. She shook a motherly finger at him and departed. Shifting his eyes to Qui-Gon, he took a deep breath. "I, um, I mean-"

"Yes, Padawan," Qui-Gon began, "We need to discuss a few things."

18. Healer Apprentice Lina

Healer Apprentice Lina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    "hip-huggers" ?

AHAHAHAAAA!!! That was hilarious, AA!

19. Kaylla Norn

Kaylla Norn Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 2, 2000
    pooooor obi, what will happen now? please post more soon.

20. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    They ARE leather!!! YUMMY!!!
    Too bad he's only thirteen. :(

Excellent AA! I love how Obi is so posessive of his Master. Give us some more please!!

21. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
    Solid post, AA!

22. Kaylla Norn

Kaylla Norn Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 2, 2000
    actully, mouse2 I think he's 16 so were still drooling over a kid but at least it's a bigger one. And Please Anakin's Angel, please post really really soon,

23. Toga_Sith

Toga_Sith Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 4, 2000
    Oh! Very good!! (I'll pretend Obi is older, just for the sake of the leather pants) ;-)

24. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    Oh, I'm so glad I found this! Can't wait for more Angel!

25. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    Definately need more, AA! Only just found this but really glad I did. Keep it up!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.