main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Chicago Charity Premiere

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by TuxDBird, Apr 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TuxDBird

TuxDBird Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2005
    Anyone know what to expect at the pre-premiere party for the Chicago Charity premiere on May 12th? I won two tickets for the party and screening and am curious as to what to expect at the party. I understand that the 501st will be in attendance, but otherwise, I'm not sure what to expect.

Tux

2. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    I'd expect to be with rich people who do can spend that kind of cash on tickets. But what do I know, I'm too poor to go (and very C3 P0'd after CIII & the Bulls (or lack of) event).

3. Hazmatt

Hazmatt Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    Weren't there a bunch of corporate types at the C2 premiere? Their company bought a bunch of tickets as a charitable donation/write-off and gave them to their exec's families?

But I forget.

4. darthgoat

darthgoat Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    I was at the last one in costume.

The costumed folks will not get to see the movie period. Forget what anyone tells you about having a shot at it. LFL expressly prohibits that.

The crowd was local celebs like the former lead singer from Styx that the rest of the band hates and lots of local news personalities. It is a pretty stuffy crowd but they really enjoyed the folks in costume which was cool.

It is a pretty unique experience. Almost surreal to see this sort of movie with that kind of crowd.

Did you get tickets somehow?

5. Dex_Luminara

Dex_Luminara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2004
    Uuuuuugghh....shivers...Dennis DeYoung

Get me my blaster....NOW!!!!!

6. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    To the rich corporate types that buy most of the tickets and distribute them to their employees credit...they also do give some of the tickets to the kids from the hospital. Whoever gets the tickets, it's a huge tax write-off and great publicity. Everyone wins.

I was at the TPM charity premiere (when it was an affordable $250.00) which only covered the movie, not the party. I was told the party for the TPM was WAY better than the one at the Planetarium. Not sure how this party will be.

I do know that the crowd sucked at the movie though. Just your average (but wealthy) movie-goers who would have showed up if it were free tickets to "Catwoman II" if it were free, and not the Star Wars fans who show up for the midnight shows. Well, a select few fans who think that it's great bragging rights. Overall, I'd say the best reason to fork over the money to see the movie or go to the party is strictly for the charity (which is a wonderful cause). But don't go into it thinking it's going to be an incredible movie-going experience (beyond how good the movie turns out to be..but it'll be that good or bad no matter when you see it). It'll be a ho-hum crowd at the movie, and mostly people who don't know the diffrence between Sidious & Palpatine.

Bosh
    "Or tell you the sameness between Sidious & Palpatine."

7. RexGetz

RexGetz Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 13, 2003
    What can i say, Hmmmmmmmmm...I can care less about hanging out in the party & the movie with people that don't know jack about the movie.
    By the way, are you sending this msg 'cuz you wanna know how we really feel about the event or to throw @ our face that you got some free tix?

this is your 1st post & i like the original screen name.

8. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    I am scheduled to be at the Charity Premier in costume...I guess my roll is to stand around and look very "Star Wars"....beyond that...your guess is as good as mine....

9. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    If I had an extra 500 I`d go lol

10. Hazmatt

Hazmatt Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    If I had some ham we could have Ham & Eggs...if we had some eggs.

11. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    I'm just a million short of being a millionaire!

Bosh

12. darthgoat

darthgoat Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    "I am scheduled to be at the Charity Premier in costume...I guess my roll is to stand around and look very "Star Wars"....beyond that...your guess is as good as mine...."

That is pretty much it actually.

13. The Lurker

The Lurker Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 1999
    hopefully those standing around looking star warsy will also be able to see the movie? when i first heard of this premiere i thought perhaps they'd give the cmh employees a shot at going - no such luck :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.