main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chicago Cubs

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by Strilo , Nov 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darthkat76

Darthkat76 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    I agree, Marquis needs to be gone.

2. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    kat I think you need to be more superstitious.... :p We don't say things like "you can't stop the Cubs train" because that derails the train, so to speak... ;)

3. Darthkat76

Mar 21, 2007
    Yeah, I have a knack for that.

4. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Sacrifice a chicken to the gods of Joboo!!!

5. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    [image=http://web.mit.edu/ashuang/www/bblog_images/reverse_the_curse_storrow_drive_zoomed.jpg]

From our good friends in Boston who did just that four years ago. Cursed or not we haven't seen a Cubs team this good in years

6. Darthkat76

Mar 21, 2007
    We need to take Howry out behind a shack....Or DFA him. I don't know what Lou was thinking about when he put him in with the game tied 3-3. We did lose thanks to the team effort, but I still think that the momentum would have have swung our way if we hadn't put him in.

BTW, I watched todays game and our bats came alive. I didn't watch the last 3 games. I think I need to keep watching the games regardless of the fact that I need to sleep during the day because I'm on night shift! :p

7. Darthkat76

Mar 21, 2007
    I am a bit worried about our starters (end of season fatigue and all). Big Z leaving in the 5th on short notice worries me a lot.

Overall I'm not worried about the season yet. Good thing the Brewers lost their last 2. We just need to get some more rest for our starters, which Lou has gotten started on. I can't wait to see Micah Hoffpauir batting. I know he's already been called up to the big leagues a few times this year, but I haven't had the oppurtunity to see it.

8. PTMurphy84

PTMurphy84 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 12, 2008
    Howry did drop the ball (no pun intended), but it was more than that. There were some good pitches in the previous three games that some of the guys seemed to just wave to as they went by in the strike zone.
    On a different note, Sobrano needs to be smarter about what he swings at.
    He's not long and lanky like Fukodome is, so he can't go reaching for those sliders or breakers like he's been doing.
    And Cedeno needs to start doing his job as a pinch-hitter and actually HITTING!

9. Drac39

Jul 9, 2002
    Zambrano needs to be given another day off or have a trip to the DL, his command and velocity are way down.

Howry won't be back next year and I'm sure Lou probably won't put him on the Postseason roster(Knock on wood)

10. PTMurphy84

Aug 12, 2008
    Im sure if he does not shape up real fast, Lou will hook him and send him back to the minors to learn how to play the game again.

Zambrano, let's wait and see what the doc says, hes been on IR for awhile so it could be he needs to tone up and get back into the motions, or it could be a crippling injury. Id lean on the former but ive been surprised before.

Now, about the Two Headed Monster, I say we sign them to multi-year deals, they've proven themselves time and again that they are worth much more than what the Cubs are paying them, and it would be stupid to risk having them sign with another team, especially one in the same division.

11. Darthkat76

Mar 21, 2007
    Bulldog Lilly ftw! I think he was trying to light a fire under his teams butt when he steamrolled Molina. :D

12. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Chicago needs to get it together if they're gonna be ready for the playoffs...

Also, while I like Lilly's attitude in being willing to be in a collision like that at the plate... leading with your pitching shoulder in a collision like that is not smart at all. Use your off-shoulder, at least...

13. Darthkat76

Mar 21, 2007
    Yeah it was pretty dumb, but still...lmao! The pitcher for goodness sakes!

14. Darthkat76

Mar 21, 2007
    Ok, I nearly crapped my pants in this game. It was another ugly win, but a win.

15. Drac39

Jul 9, 2002
    Harden pitched well and I am sick of the 69 Cubs comparisons. The NL is in terrible shape and we saw what the Brewers were capable of doing when the Cubs were down. I will still say that the Cubs as of right now are the best team in the NL *knock on wood*

16. Onoto

Onoto Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 7, 2004
    Bad idea, considering his injury history.

17. Darthkat76

Mar 21, 2007
    *Crosses my fingers and hopes they move the Cubs-Stros games to DC*

18. PTMurphy84

Aug 12, 2008

Yes, after many years of "Maybe next year", we can't afford another jinx. [color=firebrick][b]R...J EDIT: Not sure how you meant this, but best to rephrase it :)[/b][/color]

19. PTMurphy84

Aug 12, 2008
    Uh R...J? That was a version of the knock on wood thing, you know, to ward off bad luck?

20. Drac39

Jul 9, 2002
    Well we will finally get this Astros series figured out and despite the fact that the Cubs haven't played this weekend they have actually jumped higher in the standings, thanks Brew Crew :p

21. PTMurphy84

Aug 12, 2008
    The Brewers: Proof that a hot-rod pitcher plus bad batting plus worse defensive playing does not a world series team make.

22. Drac39

Jul 9, 2002
    BIG Z THROWS A NO HITTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

23. Darthkat76

Mar 21, 2007
    BIG Z IN DA HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I almost cried. :p

=D= =D= =D= [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

24. Darthkat76

Mar 21, 2007
    I loved how ESPN interrupted a White Sox game to show the end of the Cubs game. :D

25. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    a walk and a HBP away from perfection... quite impressive.

Congrats to Zambrano!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.