main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chicago Cubs

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by Strilo , Nov 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Howry will probably be on the list of relievers...

2. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    :(

Hoffpauir was back and no one told me?

Not like I can see the games anyways most of the time, but still!!!

3. Darthkat76

Darthkat76 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    He has been back for a few weeks now, but hasn't really done much until last night. Man, he pwned the Mets pitchers.

4. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Another impressive outing from Marquis... [face_plain]

5. Darthkat76

Mar 21, 2007
    What I find funny, is that our D had a less then stellar performance and the lineup was AAA/bench players, yet we still managed to kick their ***. I hope Lou brings out the regulars tomorrow so that we can boot them out of the playoffs.

6. Darthkat76

Mar 21, 2007
    Oh and two of our worst batters got homers (Ward and Fukudome). [face_dancing]

7. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Fukudome still has a lot of potential and I won't give up on him yet. This slump is 100% mental and all though he chose the worst possible time to have it I think he can be a difference maker down the road

8. Drac39

Jul 9, 2002
    So it's come to this, Dodgers vs Cubs in the 2008 NLDS. Well I for one am glad this worked out, we did fairly well against the Dodgers at Wrigley. Manny changes things but I have faith that we can advance to the NLCS. Derek Lowe has a 14-11 record against Dempster who has been lights out at home. Let's hope Big Z can turn in another performance like he did in his lone postseason game last year.

As sad as I am to say it I'm rooting for the Brew Crew to get to the NLCS. The Phillies scare the hell out of me

9. Darthkat76

Mar 21, 2007
    I think we should collect money to take out Bob Howry's pitching arm. :p

10. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Yeah it was frustrating to watch the Cubs lose today. Sabithia did pitch a pretty damn good game though.

11. Drac39

Jul 9, 2002
    Howry should not be on the postseason roster. I see Lou bringing him though using his veteran tenure as a poor excuse.

12. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    I agree that Howry should not be on the roster. Not sure what Lou will do though.

13. Darthkat76

Mar 21, 2007
    FYI Cubs rally is on WGN America right now if anybody is outside of Illinois (Like me!).

14. Drac39

Jul 9, 2002
    I can't watch it, I've been disapointed again and again[face_worried]

15. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    NOW you sound like a Cubs fan. I told you not to get your hopes up.

16. Darthkat76

Mar 21, 2007
    So that means you're not a Cubs fan? :p

17. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    My point is that anyone who really is a Cubs fan should know better than to get their hopes up and really think that "this is the year" or anything like that. I Love the Cubs and I will always root for them and enjoy being a fan. What I am saying is that being a Cubs fan means you always have lingering doubt and despair lurking somewhere in your mind.

18. Drac39

Jul 9, 2002
    I never bought into the "This is our Year" stuff but to see them look so horrible last night really has me more worried than we should be. Alfonso Soriano has to step up

19. PTMurphy84

PTMurphy84 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 12, 2008
    No crap! I nearly threw a beer through my TV screaming "QUIT GOING FOR EVERY (expletative deleted) BALL THROWN YOU MORON!"

20. Darthkat76

Mar 21, 2007
    What really needs to happen is that Soriano needs to be benched and Fontenot put into the lineup. Soriano is HORRIBLE in the post season (.225 BA).

21. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    The whole team looks like ****. This is ridiculous. I turned the ****ing game off.

22. Onoto

Onoto Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 7, 2004
    As a Red Sox fan who remembers the dark days of Dent, Stanley, Buckner, Clemens, Duquette, and ****ing Grady Little, all I can say is this: someday Dave Roberts will steal a base for you.

23. Drac39

Jul 9, 2002
    I'd love to see what ****ing excuse they have for this. I can see them in their press conference saying how sorry they are and how they don't know what happened. Ill tell ya what happened, they let this crap get to their heads. I hope Soriano and Zambrano are enjoying their millions of dollars because they sure as hell didn't earn them. I'll tell ya one thing though Zambrano is no longer my favorite Cub. Unless he gets his head examined by the best ****ing shrinks out there he can piss off.

Enjoy your advancement to the NLCS Dodgers. This would be Cubs dynasty is over.

24. DAR

DAR Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2004
    Normally I can take some solace in this but that would be the equivalent of a guy with no arms laughing at a guy with no legs.

25. Drac39

Jul 9, 2002
    I would say I feel your pain but I hate the Brewers too much :p

I kid

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.