Chicago Cubs

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by Strilo, Nov 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod

star 7
    Yesterday was a beating. Good grief, Cubs!
  2. Drac39 Force Ghost

star 6
    What about today though? Wells has flirst with a No-No and they dtill lose in 12. Gosh, only the Cubs.
  3. Strilo Manager Emeritus

star 8
    Being a Cubs fan is what has turned me into a cynic like this.
  4. Drac39 Force Ghost

star 6
    LOL, I shouldn't judge especially after my reaction to the 03 finish:p :p :D . You have to read Cubs Fans Guide to Happiness, Tim. It will make you smile and is designed to give laughs to the frustrated Cubs fans.
  5. Strilo Manager Emeritus

star 8
    I cannot really say I am frustrated anymore. I am over that. I am just not at all expecting to see anything good this season. And I really haven't.
  6. Drac39 Force Ghost

star 6
    Well neither do I to be honest lol I am just talking about the general Cubs fan frustration. THe book is really funny I should post some samples from it
  7. Drac39 Force Ghost

star 6
    The Cubs have been winning but they have been winning ugly. After the second game of the Crosstown Classic's first round I found myself saying the Cubs didn't deserve that win. This truly is a depressing baseball season. I didn't expect a repeat of 2008's domination but I most certainly didn't expect this complete lack of energy or competition. Hopefully they can win a game in 9 innings
  8. Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus

star 7
    Still, 3 straight walk off wins is pretty impressive :p Though it makes you wonder why they were trailing before ;)
  9. Drac39 Force Ghost

star 6
    Why put yourself in the position where you need a walk off win lol. It depeltes your bench and bullpen
  10. Strilo Manager Emeritus

star 8
    Mike your post above perfectly sums up how I feel. I have WGN HD finally and I still cannot bring myself to watch them play, because it's just frustrating this year.
  11. Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus

star 7
    I'm sure last night was frustrating to Chicago fans, especially :p
  12. Strilo Manager Emeritus

star 8
    Didn't watch. What happened?
  13. Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus

star 7
    Had 10 hits against Atlanta, but couldn't manage a single run.
  14. Strilo Manager Emeritus

star 8
  15. Drac39 Force Ghost

star 6
    Last night was bad too. Why Kevin Gregg is still allowed to close really gets me
  16. Drac39 Force Ghost

star 6
    That's it

The final straw I'm done caring for the rest of this season. I've seen plently of bad Cubs teams before but this one is by far the most offensive. The DeRo back to the Cubs rumors were the only thing that kept me going. I'm sure he'll have a very productive year with the Cardinals and lead them to an NL Central Championship and sign with them in the offseason. In a perfect world he would have never been traded but hey we've now got that wonderful new right fielder Milton Bradley to take his place who is the first bad sport Piniella has let walk over him. Jim Hendry should be fired for bringing that ass to Chicago.
  17. Strilo Manager Emeritus

star 8
    Yup it's pretty bad.
  18. Drac39 Force Ghost

star 6
    And it's not the fact that the team is bad that offends me. I have no problem rooting for a bad Cubs team. The fact is that this Cubs team has no competitive fire what so ever. Piniella has no problem just sitting back and letting this happen, he obviously isn't in charge of the team right now as shown by the fact that he puts Bradley in the lineup after his tirade.

I've heard arguments saying I should lay off Bradley and that Zambrano does the same thing. No it isn't. Zambrano's outbursts come out of a competitve spirit and he never goes into one because of the team. He holds himself to high standards and that is what he should do. Bradley on the other hand has a huge ego and is an all around bad sport. I'd rather have steroid using Sammy in #21 than him :p In all seriousness though he's scum and if he turns the season around and hits .300 I'll still consider him to be scum
  19. Strilo Manager Emeritus

star 8
    I agree with you completely. It was the worst decision to bring in Bradley on the Cubs. And this followed the decision to let DeRosa go (I assume, I dunno the circumstances around his departure). I am still a Cubs fan but it's really difficult to care this year.
  20. Drac39 Force Ghost

star 6
    The Cubs organization has gone on record saying DeRosa was dealt to make room for salary and they tried to justify it by signing Aaron Miles whom I might remind is hitting a good even .200

I can't think of one highlight of this season other than seeing Fergie Jenkins and Greg Maddux get #31 retired in their honor. Seven rookies on the roster right now and let's hope these kids can show these prima donnas the game at it's fundamental level. And I really don't want to damn the whole team, Derek Lee is hitting well as is Ryan Theriot but man it's like they don't care at all.
  21. Strilo Manager Emeritus

star 8
    After last season, can you blame them? I barely care at all.
  22. JediCouncilMember Jedi Master

star 4
    I've been finding it hard to care as well. It's weird too cause the NL is terrible (exception Dodgers) and the Cubbis are only 3.5 games out. There have been seasons where I'd kill for them to be 3.5 out by All-Star break, but not this year. Basically that's due to expectations since they should be a lot better, but I've been down on baseball as a whole lately so that probably ties into it too.

23. Drac39 Force Ghost

star 6
    The Cubs have acquired Jeff Baker from the Rockies. Very good trade IMO especially since we only gave up a Single A prospect for him
  24. s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod

star 7
    How are the Cubs doing? I'm seeing some Lol@thecubs stuff on facebook. Is there a specific reason for this?
  25. Drac39 Force Ghost

star 6
    The Cubs have been playing .500 baseball. The Lol@ The Cubs stuff probably came from White Sox fans
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.