main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL CHICAGO FORCE: April Paintball

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Bosh_Talk, Mar 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000

Dear Fellow Fans,

Everyone should be gearing up for April's Star Wars Paintball event. This is one of our most popular events our club does.
    The date is Saturday April 17th, less than 3 weeks away.

I'll have exact cost and meetup times available in the next 24 hours. So stay tuned to this thread and watch your email.

Oh, if you aren't motivated to come out and shoot anyone, please PM me and I'll be glad to reply with something rude about your mother.

2. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    YES YES YES YES!!!! :D :D :D

\\dances\\ I love this event! :D

(Also because I finally get to shoot all the people who insult me.)

(Oh, I also get to shoot Peaches. [face_devil] )

EDIT: Oh, and if anyone would be willing, it would be great if myself and two friends could have a ride to get there! :) So, if you wouldn't mind driving three teenagers down to paintball, I'd be so very grateful!

3. Hawk-Bat

Hawk-Bat Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 4, 2003
    Wonderful I am ready.

4. JodoKast74

JodoKast74 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    Still trying to save up for this one.

"Come on, refund check!!!!!!!!!"

5. darthgoat

darthgoat Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    i'm in. hopefully the emerald isle didnt break us too badly.

6. Le_Penguin

Le_Penguin Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    Hey, you're back! How was the motherland? What's paintball?

Where am I?

-Le... um, Le Something...

7. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    it was great! we had a lot of fun! now if i could just loose this pesky jet lag i'll be good as new.

8. flippingyodacola

flippingyodacola Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 27, 2003
    Ill go, but Im going to suck horribly.

What on earth is up with the new layout?
    Im freaked out here.

9. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Hey Bosh, is there any news with when pre-payments are due and how we can pre-pay? It was cheaper when pre-paying last year or something. Anyways, just curious.

10. Hazmatt

Hazmatt Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    Yes, the deal is the same. $30 pre-pay to paypal@chicagoforce.org, or make other payment arrangements with Carrie at jediautobot@chicagoforce.org.

If not, $35 at the door.

11. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    I'm not experienced in this paintball thing, but I seem to be leaning towards going. (Carrie, I promise you won't get dozens of payments from us.)

12. Hazmatt

Aug 16, 2002
    I can safely say from past CF paintball outings that NO ONE is experienced at it. Especially Mark. And Thom. And whomever shot Carrie in the hand last time (gloves people! They're not just a good idea, they're.....well, actually they ARE a good idea).

I will re-iterate some of the paintball wisdom I have collected over the years (for those who care).

First, BRING WATER. Sure, we normally bring extra, but I have a feeling this year is going to be a hot one, and you don't want to rely on someone else to prevent you from getting heatstroke.

Wear clothes you don't care about getting dirty. Paintballs do not normally stain, but err on the side of caution. These clothes should also be as baggy as possible. I know that camo is traditional, but in the environments we will be playing in, it doesn't make that much of a difference. There are buildings and cars and other things to hide behind, you do not need to look like a tree. Baggy clothes offer two advantages: first, they absorb impact and if the ball doesn't break, you're not out. The baggier the clothes, the better chance you have of not getting called out. Second, they absorb impact, and impacts hurt. It's not like getting the "thigh-thumper" from the bully in junior high, but there is a little sting when getting hit by a paintball. Baggy clothes will help slow down the paintball before it makes contact with your body.

KEEP YOUR GOGGLES ON. Paintballs come out of the gun at just under 200 MPH and getting hit in the eye with one will ruin your day, if not your entire life. If your goggles get fogged up or covered in paint, call yourself out and call for a ref to help you exit the field. New games start every 15 minutes anyway, you won't miss out on much. Sithman probably would have shot you anyway.

Have fun. It's just a game people. It's not worth cheating to win, and it's not worth getting mad at a cheater. If you suspect someone of cheating, talk to a ref (or myself on camera duty) about it, then let them take care of it. If they do it again, they will get caught and asked to leave.

Lastly, one for the guys. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, wear a freakin' cup. There is no pain quite as exquisite as getting bagged in the berries. It's worth your time to go to the sporting goods store to pick one up if you don't have one. Of course last year, the only one to get shot there was the camera-man (thanks Mark, ya gimp), so trust me, it's a good investment.

13. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    "wear a freakin' cup"

welcome to jackass. lol

14. Hawk-Bat

Aug 4, 2003
    Excuse Me Im experenced at it I was just having a very lowsy day espically that my autococker wasn't working so I had to use my craptastic spyder.

15. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Yes, we're familiar with your autococker, Peaches.

Gravity worked fine loading the balls from my hopper, though. No malfunctions with that.

16. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    autococker? Is that a device that prevents men from leaving the house?

17. Club_333

Club_333 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2001
    autococker? Is that a device that prevents men from leaving the house?

no- it's a device that, when working properly, makes other men wish they hadn't left the house.

back to my lurking...

18. Hazmatt

Aug 16, 2002
    <begin flame war>

Autococker: some people swear by them, most people swear at them.

Want a REAL paintgun? Buy an Automag.

</end flame war>

19. Hawk-Bat

Aug 4, 2003
    I am getting my X-mag this week. I was just saying last year my autococker was messed up. Im not sure If im gonna use my UBER tourney gun that I was given for free. Team member uncle is a Air gun tech for Air Gun Designs so we get loads of stuff from them.

Ok the autococker now. It was the first semi auto automatic cocking paintball marker. Haz I belive that is correct right. Well what ever my autococker has the E-blade attachement but the electrode has been very touchy its pissing me off. I might just go back to the standard 3-way though my hands twitch to much for me to replace the hoses have to have friends do that. I am most likey gonna use the dam spydier anyways just cause its a rec gun. I just need a new elbow feed and a drop forward since my remote broke. The remote is the hose that you connect your tank if you are wearing on your paintball tube pack.

Here is a Shocktech autococker like mine

http://store6.yimg.com/I/actionvillage_1783_32131512

And here is gonna be my new X-mag

http://store6.yimg.com/I/actionvillage_1783_125794294

But don't worry Im bringing my nasty spyder most likely.

20. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    just give me a gun and loose me on the battlefield. carnage shall be the only thing left in my wake.

21. Hawk-Bat

Aug 4, 2003
    If you say so goat I just hope my former broke wrist won't bug me like it has been recently

22. DarthAstuart

DarthAstuart Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    and so the excuses from Peaches begin...

"Yeah, I would've actually shot someone and not sat wimpering in a bunker, but my WRIST HURT!!!"

23. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Ah, so you're going to brave the intense combat this year, goat?

24. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    yeah i am.

in fact give me 2 guns. i'll go chow style!

"give a man a gun and he thinks he's superman. give him two and he thinks he's god."

25. flippingyodacola

flippingyodacola Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 27, 2003
    Now I am afraid....

Give me a gun, and I run and hide.

Whats up with the "out" ruley ness? I think Im going to have to have this explained to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.