Chic, IL CHICAGO FORCE: April Paintball

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by Bosh_Talk, Mar 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bosh_Talk Jedi Master

star 4
    Make sure Peaches gets 2 good sturdy cloths....one to secure his limp wrist with...and the other to whipe with.
  2. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    "Whats up with the "out" ruley ness?"

Yup, she's a teenage girl. I don't even understand that word. yOu MiGhT aS wElL sTaRt TyPiNg LiKe ThIs!!! omg!!!
  3. Hazmatt Jedi Master

star 4
    If I can decipher what FYC is asking, the rules for being called "out" are thus:

If you have a blob of paint on your person or paintgun larger than a quarter, you are "out" of the game and should make your way to the sidelines and wait for the next game to start. Do not talk to your teammates. Do not get in anyone's way...well, unless you want to get shot again.

If, perchance, a paintball comes speeding through the air and hits you, but the capsule does NOT break and you do NOT have paint on you, you are not out. Feel free to continue playing.

If you do have paint on you, and you wipe it off and continue playing, you are a Filthy Wiper and besides going to Hell (where demons poke your hiney with cocktail forks), we will ask you to leave the game and/or beat the snot out of you.

If you feel yourself get hit and call "OUT!", you are out. If you then look down and see the ball did not break, YOU ARE STILL OUT. You called it, live with it. A better choice of action when you feel yourself get hit is to call "PAINT CHECK!", THEN look to see if it broke (especially handy when some coward shoots you in the back). Then either a teammate, a ref, or myself will come over and check to see if the ball broke. The person performing the paint check will then either declare you OUT or CLEAN. If you are out, please proceed off the field in an orderly manner. If you are not out, please resume play.

Any questions?
  4. darthgoat Jedi Master

star 4
    Any questions?

the brakes on my car are making a funny grinding noise. does that mean i'll have to replace the rotors in addition to the brakes?

j/k
  5. Schph_Gochi Jedi Master

star 4
    rotors ARE brakes....you mean pads?
    ..and most likely...yes....
    :D
    but seriously...I gotta stay away from this thread cause I am bummed that I can't go.....again....don't wanna hear what a great time you guys are gonna have...cause I am NOT going to be having a good time on the 17th....

:_|

6. darthgoat Jedi Master

star 4
    if shooting hawk bat in the balls is a great time then count me out. its not something i am looking forward to.
  7. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Just to add one more thing to Matt's list...

KNEEPADS. These were a lifesaver for me last time. I had no idea how much I would be kneeling, crawling, and diving onto cement or against wood. Buy a cheap pair at Sportsmart or something if you don't have any-- they're worth it.
  8. darthgoat Jedi Master

star 4
    good thing i saved my old roller blade kneepads.

i wonder if my marine armor will stop a paintball?
  9. Bosh_Talk Jedi Master

star 4
    I got some for 3-4 bucks at this cheap-crap place called Continental Sales on South Cicero at like 63rd St. They lasted most people for the entire day. I'll pick up several pair. Give me a hollar before-hand and I'll know how many to pick up.

I'd recommend wearing a HAT.....cheap gloves (cut the end of the trigger finger off (preferably when you aren't wearing them unless you want to end up like Owen Meanie).

All GUYS...if you decide to wear only one protective item besides the mask (which is required) make sure it's an ATHLETIC CUP.

Good traction shoes/boots are preferable too. Some of the buildings with cement floors get a "greasy" feel to them with 50,000 splattered paintballs everywhere. It's Aprl...so April showers bring muddy paintball fields.

Also, most importantly, if you aren't on my team...make out your F'n LAST WILL & TESTAMENT biotches!!
  10. Hazmatt Jedi Master

star 4
    Just a little addition to Kevin's post:

KNEEPADS: he uses them all the time in his daily life, especially when he wants someone to be nice to him.

Goat--If the grinding sound has been going on for a while, yes, you may need new rotors. The grinding sound is caused by the bolts in the brake pads digging into the metal of the rotor. New brake pads are a temporary solution, but the grooves in the rotor will just make them wear out faster. If the grooves in the rotors are not that deep, they can grind it down, but only so far before the rotor gets too thin to be of use.

Thank you, I'm here all week. Tip your waitresses, try the veal.
  11. ChrisKenobi Jedi Knight

star 1
    If you will have us we would like to participate in this paint ball outing. It would be Steven, Kent, and myself.
  12. Sith_Steve Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hey all, A few of us QCJO Guys are going to go. We look forward to show you all the true power of the force. But we would like the address to the place, if one of you guys could post up in our boards about this event, that would be great. See you in the battle field.
  13. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Well, I was going to give you the Blastcamp website, but it has been down the last day or so. So, can't give you the address-- sorry. I'm sure someone else can.

P.S. Please just don't dress as Jack Sparrow.
  14. Bosh_Talk Jedi Master

star 4
    Everyone check your SPAM FOLDERS for an email from: webmaster@chicagoforce.org

Which has the blastcamp info (along with the rest of our newsletter).

It ended up in my Spam Folder as well.

And of course, ALL Star Wars fans & their friends are invited. If we only allowed people FROM Chicago, or people who actually lived in the confines of Chicago it'd be pretty lonely game for Dr. Rex.

TIMES & LOCATIONS TO MEET FOR PAINTBALL

All participants must be at Blast Camp no later than 9:00am!

From Chicago take: 80/90 east to Highway 51 south (exit at Ripley St.). Proceed south until 51 intersects Rt. 130, and continue on 130. Upon reaching flashing red light, proceed on additional seven tenths of a mile, to first road on left (600 N.) Turn left onto 600 N., proceed 1.5 miles to Blast Camp on left.

If you want to carpool or follow us down, we'll be meeting up in two separate locations.

Northwest Suburbs
    WHERE: Barnes & Noble Bookstore Parking Lot: 590 E. Gold Rd, Schaumburg
    TIME: Between 8:30am-7:00am
    We will depart at 7:00am exactly!

Southwest Chicago
    WHERE: Huck Finn's at the corner of Damen & Archer (right off of I-55). Also 2 blocks from the 35th and Archer ORANGE LINE stop.
    WHEN: 6:30am-7:15am (if you want to eat breakfast with us at Huck Finn's get there at 6:30am).
    We will depart at 7:15am exactly!

EDIT: We moved the times a half hour earlier to ensure we get a 10am start time at the field. Made the post red for easy locating.
  15. flippingyodacola Jedi Knight

star 2
    I guess I deserved that...

But at least I dont act like a 13 year old boy....
  16. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Gotta give that one to you.

But 13 year old girls when they are in a herd... They are truly the worst. It's a wonder the constant giggling doesn't drive them mad.
  17. flippingyodacola Jedi Knight

star 2
    That is why I dont hang out with other 13 year old girls. I have friends like Peaches.
  18. flippingyodacola Jedi Knight

star 2
    On a more paintball related note,
    How many games are we playing? I know Im going to suck horribly...
    Do I have to play or can I just watch?
  19. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    "That is why I dont hang out with other 13 year old girls. I have friends like Peaches."

I will restrain myself and simply say, "No comment."

:D
  20. Hazmatt Jedi Master

star 4
    If we get started at 10 AM, we can crank out a couple of games per hour. Games normally last 10-15 minutes, and there is a little bit of rest time between each one. No one waits long to play again.

And, Sithy, Peaches in not a 13 year old girl. He just looks/act/talks like one (I know, I know, if it looks like a duck...)
  21. TT_Boy Force Ghost

star 1
    Chris, Kent, and I went paintballs to the walls and bought all new equipment: guns, facemask, pads, body armor, jungle boots, gloves, and BDU's. We all match too, its like queer Eye for the Paintball guy [face_laugh]
    you guys are going to laugh your @$$ off at us. But being this is the first time we have played we wanted to make sure we are as protected as possible.

(USCM theme playing in background)
  22. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    "Paintballs to the walls." [face_laugh]

Good one. :p
  23. Bosh_Talk Jedi Master

star 4
    Flip'

Being young, squirmy & skinny is certainly an advantage (ask Sithy). As long as you aren't afraid to crawl through the muck, you'll have an advantage on most of us. You really should play, instead of watch...and I can attest that you can get shot just as easily sitting on the sidelines watching (if that's what you're worried about).

Haz' since we prolly wont get started before 10...you think we should knock the meetup time a half hour to 9am?

What time does the field open?

24. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    I just remembered this:

For minors such as myself, don't I have to have my parents sign a release form before playing? I thought I remember printing one out from the site last year, having my parents sign it, and then bringing it to the field.

But the only thing is that their site is down and has been for several days now. How can I get this release form? :(

*@!$ I hate being a minor... Only 3 more months.
  25. Hazmatt Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes, when their website comes back up, it will be a very good idea, and a huge time-saver, for all the minors to print out that form and get it signed by a parent/guardian.

Their hosting company offers a "99.99% uptime guarantee". If their site has been down for 3 days, that means they shouldn't have another outage for...um....30,000 days?, or the next 82 years. Why am I skeptical? There's also the fact that they have one-tenth the web-space and pay three times what CF does. My momma told me, ya gotta shop around...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.