main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Chicago Force buys out theater!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by darthgoat, Apr 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthgoat

darthgoat Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    From Bosh:

He just left the theater and he reserved the digital screen for CF. There are 240 seats.

He's probably going to put them on ebay or something. He'll be posting full info shortly. Price should be at cost which is 10 bucks.

Dont buy the other tix! CF is guaranteed at midnight at the good theater!

2. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    DEAR FELLOW FANS!!!

First, thanks to everyone who emailed our JC members to let us know about the sale the second it happened. Extra special thanks to Phyllis who is risking a lot of credits that we're going to sell out our theater. Here's the skinny:

- Most importantly, everyone who has reserved a ticket with Chicago Force...NOW HAS A TICKET TO THE MIDNIGHT OPENING SHOW AT AMC RIVER EAST 21. The Force is with you.

- The manager at AMC River East 21 promised Chicago Force that if River East gets RotS that they will sell us an entire theater.

- That manager went on vacation this week. (DOH!)

- A few hours ago AMC River East 21 was given the go to sell out a single non-digital theater (Auditorium 10).

- Loyal CF members let the CF Jedi Council know immediately. I drove down and spoke with a different manager who luckily honored AMC's promise and reserved us 240 tickets (the number of seats in the large digital projection auditorium).
    [image=http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-1/929272/TixPics2.jpg]

This reservation (using the current tickets) will transfer to the digital auditorium as soon as they are given the go to sell that theater.

- Chicago Force would be honored if you would join us at 12:01am on Wednesday May 18th in our private digital projection auditorium to watch

Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

-These tickets will be provided to our fans AT COST (including any tax, fees or postage involved in getting the tickets from us to your hands). We are looking into doing a Dutch Auction at eBay so that people can be secure that they have bought their tickets. We just want to be assured that none of our tickets will be going to scalpers. All scalpers will hang.

- Since we do control the theater, for our charity (Hull House) we may auction off a few VIP ticket packages which would allow people to enter the theater first.

Stay tuned to www.chicagoforce.org for more details.

Bosh

"Punch it Chewie!!"

3. Dex_Luminara

Dex_Luminara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2004
    WooHoo!!!

28 years and the final flick is actually here, in print and happening. Now I'm excited!

w00t!!1!111!!

AMC RIVER EAST 21 has been
    [image=http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-1/929272/car-owned.gif]

4. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    Holy canoli, that's incredible (that they went on sale) and awesome (that Phyllis went to bat for us).

Email sent to caroline.

~H~

5. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Congrats you guys!!! I'm sure you will have a great time. :D :D

6. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Kinda makes me wish I could fly out to Chi-Town for the Movie :eek: Awesome Work Folks! :D [face_love]

7. DARTH-XAVIER

DARTH-XAVIER Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2001
    That's great.

I e-mailed Caroline earlier toay. I am not a scalper. Just want 3 tickets, one for me and one for my two brothers.

How can I confirm that we are part of the lucky 240?

Hector

8. Le_Penguin

Le_Penguin Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    Outstanding. I'll take a survey of friends and cohorts to see how many people want tix.

-Le Penguin
    "They said 'do you want to do Star Wars?' and I said 'too ****ing right!'"

9. nalan1138

nalan1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 2, 2002
    Sweeeett!!!

Good job to everyone that worked on this, and a thousand thanks

"Didja know there is a new SW movie coming out"

10. labyrinth

labyrinth Jedi Youngling

Apr 3, 2005
    I do believe I signed up for a reserve ticket. This sounds so sweet. What time are people getting to the theatre that night? Are we all meeting outside, the lobby, or in the screening room it****?

11. flippingyodacola

flippingyodacola Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 27, 2003
    I better have those tickets reserved...

12. Darth_Bicyclist

Darth_Bicyclist Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 5, 2004
    Woohoo! At last, we will have our midnight showing!

Thanks Bosh, Phylllis, and everyone else. I emailed Caroline for two. (Although I might get a few more fellow SW geeks from work who want in if there are more available.)

Must...wait...35...more..days....

Dan

P.S. Not to nitpick, but technically it's at 12:01am on Thursday, May 19th, i.e. Wednesday night, right?

13. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    P.S. Not to nitpick, but technically it's at 12:01am on Thursday, May 19th, i.e. Wednesday night, right?

Not if you are a theatre :p That's the way they are selling the tickets... Freaked me out a little at first too [face_laugh]

14. Hazmatt

Hazmatt Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    Just as calendar years do not match up with companies' fiscal years, so it seems that calendar days do not match up with a theater's fiscal days.

The movie is indeed on May 19th at 12:01 AM. However, since a theater's day is "from when we open to when we close", our movie is showing on the 18th, right before the theater closes.

And you wonder how big business is destroying the country? This is how.

15. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    I think it also has to do with how some theater billing works. If they don't do it that way you'd be charged Matinee price (since it's technically in the morning). We were charged Matinee for the 12:01 showing of TPM at McClurg...but by the time AotC came around they fixed that and we all paid prime time prices.
    You also figure you buy a ticket to enter the theater at night the day before but they don't roll film till morning of.

D'

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.