Chicago Force Forum FAQ

Discussion in 'Chicago, IL' started by JediAutobot, Dec 7, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediAutobot Force Ghost

star 4
    Welcome to the FAQ for the Chicago Forum of the FanForce.net. A FAQ is a list of Frequently Asked Questions and their answers. If there is something in this FAQ that you have a question about, or if you have new ideas to contribute, you are welcome to email me, jediautobot@aol.com

The FAQ is currently split into these sections:

Chicago Force: Find out about the fan group!
    1.What is Chicago Force?
    2.How do I join Chicago Force?
    3.Are there any age limits on members?
    4.Anything else I need to know?

Costuming: Contact information
    1. Are there any costumers out there?

Forum Questions:
    1.So what can I talk about?
    2.How are spoilers to be handled?
    3.Why are there stars by usenames?

City Events: Events that are not Chicago Force but are Star Wars related
    1.What is Capricon?
    2.What is the Magic of Myth Tour?

Chicago Force

1. What is Chicago Force?
    Chicago Force is a Chicago-based sci-fi fan group largely based around the Star Wars films, books, comics and such, although members also declare allegiances to a variety of science fiction and fantasy franchises. Membership is not limited to the Chicagoland area. We have chapters in Southbend Indiana and St. Louis as well as a friendly affiliation with Minnesota Force. Chicago Force first formed in an effort to organize a line campout for The Phantom Menace and has stayed together since. It has also recently branched out into Chicago Force Charities, Inc., a new corporation that will help facilitate future charitable efforts, dedicated primarily to increasing awareness of technology, computers and the internet, especially among kids.

2. How do I join Chicago Force?
    To join the group, simply add your E-mail to the listserv via the Chicago Force website http://www.chicagoforce.org or by E-mailing Darth Astuart (matt@chicagoforce.org) who will add you to his separate mailing list. (Yes, there are essentially two mailing lists. It's a long story.) The lists are low frequency, announcement-only and are the best way to stay updated on events.

3. Are there any age limits on members?
    The Chicago Force accepts members of any age, race, creed, sex, species or Force affiliation. The only possible restriction might be that some of the events take place in settings for those 21 and older (namely, bars) because the vast majority of members are over 21. But meetings and many other events are open to anyone in the galaxy. Please see the forum section for further information.

4. Anything else I need to know?
    If you want ANY information about the group, the best place to check is the website, http://www.chicagoforce.org, where the full Chicago Force FAQ is posted, and if you can't find it there, e-mail (info@chicagoforce.org) and someone will try to help you out.

Costuming
    1. Are there any costumers out there?
    Yes! You?ll want to talk to TK895, tk895@washko.com, the Midwest Garrison Commander of the 501st Legion. The 501st is primarily a Trooper unit, but events are open to everyone. To find out more information, visit http://www.fortunecity.com/tattooine/ewok/10 Or check out the public forum at http://pub5.ezboard.com/bmidwestgarrison.

Forum Questions

1.So what can I talk about?
    The Chicago forum is a place for fans to meet online and get to know each other. Many different topics have already been posted and are not always Star Wars. Please keep in mind that many of our participants and viewers are underage. This forum is a safe place for fans to discuss getting together to form a local fan organization, and therefore great sensitivity to the safety of our underaged-participants will be made. In short, there will be no-tolerance policy of any lewd behavior on the forum. In addition, all participants are strictly discouraged from engaging in any activity with other members outside of our Official Fan Force meetings approved and arranged by the moderator. Concerned parents are encouraged to email the Fan Force directly with their questions or concerns.

2.How are spoilers to be handled?
    If you are starting a discussion that
  2. JediAutobot Force Ghost

star 4
    Hi everyone. Welcome back to those that have posted and lukered on the old UBB board. Welcome to any new people from the Jedi Council.

Now be fruitful and multiple that post count!

JediAutobot
    "More than meets the eye!"
  3. jedigal Jedi Master

star 4
    Great FAQ, Autobot!

Wow, am I a whole chapter? I wish I was one of those lifeforms that have a communal intelligence and lots of individuals. But unfortunately there's just one of me...
  4. Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Hey, who does your taxes? That 501(c)(3) can be naaaasty.
  5. jedigal Jedi Master

star 4
    Previously posted by Bobafemme:
    Hey, who does your taxes? That 501(c)(3) can be naaaasty.
    -------------------------------------

?????????????????????

huh?
  6. JediJeff13 Jedi Master

star 4
    It's not the 501(c)(3) that has me worried as much as the form 481T part D. It's a b*tch...
  7. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Umm, can someone explain Capricorn a little more? thanks.

~Sithman~
    Merry Sithmas!
  8. Mos_Eisleian_Radio FanForce CR Secretary Chicago IL US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    The website for Capricon is http://www.capricon.org/

Phil
  9. Stardreamer Jedi Knight

star 3
    Capricon is an annual SF convention held in the NW Chicago suburbs, in February except in unusual circumstances. The last two years it took place at the Arlington Park Hilton, just off of Rt. 53, going east on Euclid. Next year it'll be held at the Sheraton Arlington Park... which, er, is the same place, but under new ownership. :D It will run February 8-11, 2001, Thursday through Sunday. Since the pre-registration deadline has passed, an at-the-door membership for the whole weekend will cost $60. I do not know what one-day rates will be or if there are any; the website does not have that information yet.

Hope this helps!

Thom
    "Stay sharp! We could run out of space real fast."
  10. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF Jedi Master

star 4
    Great FAQs, JediAutobot! You always have nice FAQs! :)
  11. Mos_Eisleian_Radio FanForce CR Secretary Chicago IL US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Yes, very informative and useful information. Especially since we are attracting new people from the Jedi Forum.

Phil
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.