main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Chicago Force Holiday Party

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Bobafemme, Nov 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    It's time to celebrate Life Day with the Chicago Force!

Please join us for food, festivities, gift exchange and Toys for Tots donating.

Saturday, December 11 at 6 PM

This year, the party will be in Chicago, near public transportation, at Bobafemme and Darthgoat's place. Please PM me for directions and address. I'm not foolish enough to publish it on the internet.

Food We'll provide BBQ sammiches and chilidogs. Vegetarian fare will also be available. Please bring something to share and post what you are bringing. We don't want to repeat 500 bags of Doritos. Or do we?

Toys for Tots Phyllis has been working hard to organize TfT drop off sites. The CF Holiday Party is the last date for Chicago Force donations. I will be taking the gifts to the MC Post (base, center,?) the following business day. Please bring a gift to help make a child's holiday a little brighter.

Gift Exchange Bring a wrapped gift to white bantha off. Gift should be approximately $20 value. These collector club people know their business so don't try to slip something past them.

Any questions? Please ask or email bobafemme@yahoo.com.

Happy Holidays!

2. Le_Penguin

Le_Penguin Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    I believe I can be counted on for a batch of cookies and perhaps a bottle of wine, too (what compliments Toll House?)

-Le Penguin
    "I declare it to be the jape of the season!"

3. RexGetz

RexGetz Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 13, 2003
    Count me in for some Alcohol [face_dancing] (the bar I work for will be providing the licour, if you know what I mean) [face_devil]

What I need to know is, if you guys want "Vodka, Rum or Tequila" (for Bosh's Margaritas)? 8-}

4. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    Femme...
    right now I am still trying to figure out how to get to Naperville and Bolingbrook Graham Crackers stores the night before to pick up Toys for Tots stuff....
    get up at 5:00 am the next morning...do the restoration workday in Braidwood that morning/afternoon...
    and make it up by you at a reasonable hour....and still awake....and get up at a marginally ghastly hour the next morning for that Charity Toy Show....

like Scarlett O'Hara once said...

I'll think about that tomorrow...

:D

5. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Mmmmmm, Rum Margaritas....just like mi old madre used to shake.

6. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    Destiny will agree with me, Tequila!
    I believe some deviled eggs will be making their way to the holiday party, courtesy of me.

7. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    ooooohhhh....part of pre-party dilemma fixed...thanks Autobot!

so.....what would you like?
    I think what I may do is make a catering order to a local joint....they have oven roasted potatoes (with garlic, olive oil and herbs) to die for....they would be probably be still hot...but a little time on the oven and they will be good to go...

does that sound any good?

8. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    I'll be bringing some form of dessert.

Probably will involve chocolate.

~H~

9. DestinyFroste

DestinyFroste Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2002
    [color=660099]Doesnt Rum make it a Daquri? TEQUILA!!!!!!

Hmmm...what to bring what to bring...[/color]

10. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Hmmm, I'm PAing on a movie the weekend of the party, but I hope to make it anyway. I guess I'll have to just see what happens on that day.

BTW Erica, you've got mail. :D

11. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    There is no reason for ANY Star Wars fan in Chicago to miss this event. Nowhere will you find a more hardy group of Star Wars fans who know the meaning of camradarie and fellowship. Call in sick if you have to.....call in dead.....

We Would Be Honored If You Would Join Us....

12. Dex_Luminara

Dex_Luminara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2004
    TEQUILA!!!

The last time we let Bosh mix the margaritas it was double rum, and double vodka (flavored and regular) and doubly sick! Yeeeuucch! Rex can handle the margarita's and daquiris, I'll come up with a good punch and something else festive. I'll probably bake something too.

Choose Between:

Cheese Blintzes
    Marble Cheescake
    PB&J Cookie Bars
    A Pistachio Bundt Cake (or 2 :D)

And yes I make them all from scratch. These are just my specialties that I only make at Xmas time. I'd make a good pastry chef if it wasn't so time consuming.

13. RexGetz

RexGetz Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 13, 2003
    Destiny asked: Doesn't Rum make it a Daquri? TEQUILA!!!!!! [face_thinking]

Yes, Rum makes it a Daquiri, & Tequila makes it a Margarita. But Bosh is so "DUMB" :oops: that he doesn't know the diference.

Add to the menu:

[face_shame_on_you] (Bosh, STAY AWAY FROM THE BOTTLES) [face_shame_on_you]
    Margaritas
    Daquris
    Apple Martinis

14. darthgoat

darthgoat Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    I'll be there!

I'll be bringing wit and personality. :D

Actually I'll help Erica and play World of Warcraft.

15. ThomSolo

ThomSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2002
    I'll be down playing World of Warcraft with Goat...

Heh. I'm kidding... actually, I'll bring either Waldorf salad (my old standby) or the chili/cream cheese dip that seemed to go over so well at a previous Femme/Goat fete. It'll depend on whether there's a greater demand for side dishes or appetizers.

16. Le_Penguin

Le_Penguin Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    I'd love to be able to get into WoW right away, but I just don't have the time or money to spend on it these days. Goat must promise to let a few of us tool around with his character at the holiday party tho.

-Le Penguin
    "Stop poking meee!"

17. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    I don't really have the time either. I'll play at a slow pace for now. You lvl very fast compared to other MMORPG games so its no big deal.

You can each create a character if you want. You can make 50 per account. I think I can spare a char or two. lol

If you get hooked though, its not my fault. Blame Blizzard!

18. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    I'll only come if HL2 is available for play.

19. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    If anyone gets too drunk and starts breaking toys or putting their gum on my coffee table, you'll get the boot.

20. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Sounds like a great party brewing... In fact, I miss those MidWest parties. :(

Have a great time, and beware the wrath of Femme ;) [face_devil]

21. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    Jeff you can try HL2 also.

If you break stuff, I break you.

22. DarthAstuart

DarthAstuart Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    DJ, I think you should make some divinity for me.

I mean, for the PARTY! for the party. :)

23. JodoKast74

JodoKast74 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    I will be there, bringing some yummy appetizers.

24. flippingyodacola

flippingyodacola Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 27, 2003
    Alright! Ill be there, although I dont know what to bring... For any of those things... But I will bring something for toys for tots, as well my dad.

25. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Well, darn. Looks like I'm not coming.

Turns out the movie I'm working on that day starts filming much later than I had previously thought and I'll be working 'til midnight or later. :(

Of course, this just means I'll whine for you to put up pics even faster, Haz.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.