main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Chicago Force Holiday Party

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Bobafemme, Nov 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hazmatt

Hazmatt Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    No! No pictures for you! Back of the line!

2. JediGeek

JediGeek Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 7, 2003
    I'm going to bring some bags of those T.G.I.F'S Mozzarella Snack Sticks & Onion Rings. I don't know if any of you have tried those yet, but I give them the "thumbs up".

I'm also going to bring a Big batch of Popcorn, and I don't mean that 3-flavor stuff in those holiday tins. None of that microwave stuff either. I'm bringing the GOOD popcorn, the stuff made hot off the stove. ;) Well... at least I haven't disappointed anyone with it yet.

BTW Bobafemme, it seems like we're going to have plenty of liquor. Did you need me to bring some soda too?

3. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    You are already are brining a bunch. Why not let someone with no cooking skills bring the soda. :)

4. JediGeek

JediGeek Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 7, 2003
    Sounds good. But if there is anything else you need just let me know. I'll be happy to help out.

5. Le_Penguin

Le_Penguin Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    When Haz sez "no pictures", he means it. I think we'll all turn green naturally before we see any pics from karaoke.

-Le Penguin,
    yeah, I know what thread I'm in... shut up!

6. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    You missed your signature quote, Pengy.

7. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    since the party starts at 6:00 pm....I would assume that you would not have the food thing going till after 7:00? I know that I won't be able to make it till around 7:15 or 7:30pm......so I should be right on time with the oven potatoes.....if you are doing food earlier than that....let me know...I will have to shift gears to a desert or snacky thingy..

8. RexGetz

RexGetz Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 13, 2003
    So, do you guys want "Daquiris" or "Margaritas"? ;)

[face_dancing] Another option is: I have a "New Drink" that still needs a name for it. I can make this and have you guys decide the name. [face_thinking]

9. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    Margaritas, Margaritas, Margaritas, Margaritas, Margaritas, Margaritas, Margaritas, Margaritas, Margaritas, Margaritas, Margaritas, Margaritas, Margaritas, Margaritas, Margaritas, Margaritas, Margaritas, Margaritas, Margaritas, Margaritas, Margaritas, Margaritas, Margaritas, Margaritas, Margaritas, Margaritas, Margaritas, Margaritas, Margaritas, Margaritas, and the New Drink, if you want. :)

10. QuicksilverG4

QuicksilverG4 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 19, 2003
    Oh gosh--I've only had two drinks in my entire life, and the first one I barfed on the ground. The reason why I barfed it all over was because my dad and I had just finished a 35 mile bike ride on the Elroy-Sparta trail, and there was this water bottle in the cooler that had this purpleish stuff in it. So, I grabbed it and guy-like, chugged about three-quarters of it before I tasted anything. It turned out to be champagne . . . and you can figure out the rest.

Last semester I actually "drank" a real margarita because I was going out with my entire Spanish class (and our 26-year-old teacher) to this end-of-the-semester "class" at a certain restaurant where I accidentally let slip that I hadn't ever had anything alcoholic (hey, I can't count the biking incident as drinking)! So they're all like, "We've gotta make Bryan drink something!" and all of this crazy stuff (I also got a few offers for *cough*otherthings*hack*). So, they gave me a margarita, with salt. Seriously, I don't know how you guys can drink those things--they taste like fruity GAS! When things taste bad, the only logical thing to do is to chug it . . . sooooo, I have no ending to this random post, so I'll take a small bow. lol . . . *sigh*

11. darthgoat

darthgoat Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    note to self: Quicksilver is not drinking in my house. lol

12. QuicksilverG4

QuicksilverG4 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 19, 2003
    Hey, I barfed outside! That's not good enough for you??!

13. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
  14. Hawk-Bat

Hawk-Bat Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 4, 2003
    Does this mean I am gonna have to be designated driver for after the party?

15. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    LOL, I remember you telling me about the wine-water bottle incident, Bry.

Oh, and if Haz had put up pictures from karaoke yet I would have had a relevant picture to add to this discussion.

EDIT: Removed all the subtle hints.

16. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    hmmm should I mess with Carrie and say daiquiri? ???

I like both.

17. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Note to self: Quicksilver is not allowed to procreate.

Bosh

- If for whatever medical condition your parents couldn't have children, odds are you can't either.

18. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    Yes please do not breed. Especially not at my house.

Thanks drive through.

19. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Whomever has that clipboard at the stage door can take my name off of it. I won't be making it. And noooooooo.....it's not because I never leave my house. I have a DJ gig that night. Hey, we unemployed men need to pay our mortgages.

On the positive side, I will be employed on Jan 4th. I was offered a job with CCC Information Services in Itasca doing phone support. That loud boom you all heard about 10 days ago was my jaw hitting the floor when they told me the salary. Wide-screen plasma TVs for all my friends!

Anywho....you know I want to be there. My December is just overbooked.

20. Hazmatt

Hazmatt Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    Um, Jeff, you know I'm, like, um, your friend, right? And I can save you $2000 by saying that I would rather have a DLP projector from Piano than a plasma TV...

21. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    Itasca? Itasca?! Itasca!!
    Hey, that's MY turf! I enjoy having first pick of toys in the area.

Well, if there's a plasma tv tho', I guess I can forgive you. Woohoo on the good news!

22. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    Congrats on the "jaw dropping" job Jeff!

=D=

23. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    Congrats Jeff! That rocks! We'll miss you though. Well ok we won't I'm being nice. :p

I'll drink a beer or 8 for you.

24. DarthAstuart

DarthAstuart Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    congrats jeff! nice work. i'll PM you my addy for the plasma.

i myself got a job offer today as well...decent salary, PR hackery with lots of writing, nice folks, very close. a day job to keep me in nintendo games until my ship comes in.

ANYWAY. the real gem we have yet to mine here: JEFF'S WORKING AS A DJ?????

please tell me it's for weddings, and please tell me someday I can go to one.

25. Le_Penguin

Le_Penguin Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    I don't know where to begin? DJ/Full House jokes? Comments about how Jeff's a big puss for not making the party? Random mockery of Matt for no specific reason? I'm overloading! Can't... pull... trigger...

Anyhoo, congrats to both you dillrods for finding gainful employment, and feel free to share the love over this-a way once those paychecks start coming in.

-Le Penguin
    "Too many jokes! Must. mock. Joey."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.