Chic, IL Chicago Force @ The Improv Kitchen Jan 14th

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by Bosh_Talk, Jan 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bosh_Talk Jedi Master

star 4
    [color=990000]
    Greetings,

We've postponed the Skating event that was scheduled next week and added a new event at the newly opened IMPROV KITCHEN. The management has invited Chicago Force to come out and check out one of their shows free of charge (usually a $10.00 cover charge).

For those of you who don't know, the Improv Kitchen is a brand new "interactive" dinner show that's all tech'd out with 42" plasma TV screens at each table, with a Green Screen stage that broadcasts a real-time improv show to you.

Dinner ranges from $8.00-$22.00 (before alcohol).

Chicago Force has a limited number of seats to fill, please
    [/color]RSVP in this thread, or email me at boshtalk@aol.com [color=990000]as soon as possible.[/color]

Bosh
  2. darthgoat Jedi Master

star 4
    But where is this located and what time does this start?
  3. Bosh_Talk Jedi Master

star 4
    Improv Kitchen
    3419 N Clark St
    773-868-6423

I'm thinking Seven, to give people plenty of time to get there.
  4. RexGetz Jedi Knight

star 2
    Why on Friday??? Can you guys start organizing things on Saturdays so I can go???
  5. Hawk-Bat Jedi Master

star 4
    I think I can attend have no school on friday.
  6. Dex_Luminara Jedi Knight

star 3
    Rex, half the "stuff" the group does is on Saturdays and Sundays (i.e all the club meetings, all the BBQ's, all the Backyard stuff, everything...). But since you started down this Dark Path I may as well share in your angry glory. Why is EVERYTHING in the free world on the quote, end quote weekend. The freakin' world doesn't shut down on Saturday and Sunday. Personally I'm off Monday and Tuesday, some months I'm off Sunday and Monday, I don't get to pick em that's just the way it is. I understand the whole "needs of the many" ideal as well as the next Vulcan but daaamm! I'm just venting, it's not your fault that a lot of you are students or Mon-Fri, 9-5ers. But as it has been brought to my attention of late by some outside people, that the participation and attendence of people like us is taken for granted. They don't look at it from our perspective, that although things always seem to get planned in a "majority rules" manner, we go out of our way to attend things even when it ends up hurting us [face_sick] in the long run or just merely exhausting us I-)! But if something is planned around our schedules, they don't even try to attend in return.

OK, I'm done venting now. That wasn't directed at anyone in this group. It was just a general "State of the World and the World Sucks" kinda message. There's always the SW meetup. At least thats one of my days off. Thanks Bosh! :D
  7. Schph_Gochi Jedi Master

star 4
    The Star Wars Meet-up is usually on Monday night....right Bosh?

8. Bosh_Talk Jedi Master

star 4
    Here's their website: Improv Kitchen & a better description of the venue:

This interactive restaurant/performance space is the only one of its kind and so far, so good. Shows usually take place at 7 and 9 p.m., with a $10 cover. In a nutshell, waiters, aka ?impwas,? appear on one of eight flat screens (one per table), to take your order, shoot the breeze, act goofy or do a little stand-up throughout your meal. The menu changes frequently and features entrees like petit filet medallions with blackberry sauce, potatoes and asparagus, and appetizers like grilled quail, espresso duck breast, grilled lamb rosemary kabobs and spiced red curry mussels. Salads, sandwiches and desserts are offered, as well as a variety of imported and domestic beers and wines. The entree selection changes daily, so be sure to call ahead if you?re extra picky. Hours may change as well depending on reservations.

Monday nights feature "Video Art" from 6:30-10 p.m., presenting original video art on all eight 42-inch monitors, screenings and performances, with new art and artists each week. (Shelly Burton)
  9. Bosh_Talk Jedi Master

star 4
    I've gotten several e-mail RSVP's. Once again, let me know so I can up our reservation if need be.

Bosh
  10. Hawk-Bat Jedi Master

star 4
    Is this still on cause if not many are going I'll save my money.
  11. Bosh_Talk Jedi Master

star 4
    Looks like the usual suspects will be showing up, with a few new people from the Chicago Star Wars wwww.meetup.com group. It should be fun.

D'
  12. Hawk-Bat Jedi Master

star 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.