main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chicago is our only hope!

Discussion in 'Archive: Quad Cities (old board)' started by Sith_Steve, Sep 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith_Steve

Sith_Steve Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2002
    Hey, It looks like EPII IMAX will be playing in Addison, IL which is out side of Chicago. I personaly would much rather go there then to Indy, just becasue Indy is a long drive. I have gotten word the My Garrsion (501st) will be there I think on Opening night or that sat.

But there will be more people (Fan Force's) at Indy, which means more pary's. And we have one month to pick.

2. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    *smirks*
    There is another....

Yes, although the majority of the Midwest Base and Garrison will be in Chicago, along with Chicago Force, we will have some others and well a really large club to boot.

If you don't come, well no big whoop. We'll have fun without ya ;)

3. QCJediTim

QCJediTim Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 21, 2002
    I'd love to go to Indy but we need to keep this as short as possible it would have to be a weekend cause of my wqork schedule and it's cheaper to go to chicago. So as much as i would love to go to Indy I am going to say Chicago.

4. Sith_Steve

Aug 18, 2002
    It would be the same price if we go there or to Indy. Gas, and a Hotle, and IMAX. Its just that is a long drive to Indy.

WHAT THE HELL . . . . I say we go to Chicago !!!, we car pool, we split the cost of the hotle rooms, for who is going to go. I would guess we leave on Friday at like 5 pm. stay that night, and see the IMAX (In Costume) Sat.

who's with me . . . . . . .

5. qcjedisteve

qcjedisteve Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 21, 2002
    Hey! I think Thats a good idea Steve.

6. qcjediHammond

qcjediHammond Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2002
    i am in for chi town but give me at least two weeks advance for my work thanks

7. Sith_Steve

Aug 18, 2002
    Well I can tell you this that we "should" be there Friday Night Nov. 1st, and Sat. Nov 2nd, leave around 6 -7 pm Sat.

8. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    LOL at the title. [face_laugh]

~H~

9. phatjedipdog

phatjedipdog Jedi Youngling

Sep 10, 2002
    Im up for Indy, partyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

yea but watch out for the tornados!!!

10. ChrisKenobi

ChrisKenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2002
    Chicago is closer but I belive that more people will be at Indy. The difference is about 1 1/2 to 2 hours on drive time. Its still a long drive. I would prefer Indy because I know people in the Indy knights. And we have had good times at the art of starfighter and Celebration II

11. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    Greetings Quad Cities....

I am Schph Gochi, Jedi Knight from Mokena, IL....just putting in a plug for you all to come to the Chicago area to see AOTC in IMAX....

Commercial over...
    resume your normal activities!
    :D

12. QCJediLance

QCJediLance Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2002
    I believe that chicago would be better because it is closer and we might have a better chance of seeing the movie in Chicago than indy being it sounds like there might be alot more people going to be at indy on those days.

13. Sith_Steve

Aug 18, 2002
    Indy will have more peopel, but the Indy Knights should be able to reserver the whole theater for the Fan Forces.

14. phatjedipdog

phatjedipdog Jedi Youngling

Sep 10, 2002
    its poeple steve. lol

Indy is fine choice nice state.

pretty and scenic
    plenty of girls to.
    I like girls he he he he.

15. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Umm Steve *smacks you across the back of the head*

I've had the urge to do that since the weekend. :D

There will be plenty of room. Our IMAX has said that we will most likely have advance ticket sales, so getting seats won't be a problem. As for a separate showing for Fan Force people, sorry, I doubt that's going to happen. It is going to be a fun time though, and actually it would be great to have people in costume here on Saturday because most of ours will be gone to a wedding.

16. QCPsychoJedi

QCPsychoJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 10, 2002
    Wow, Two brothers on opposing sides of the force as they have been for many years already only this time it's an actual conflict and not one created for spectacle. It seems it makes no difference on my end one way or the other since I would never be able to take two consecutive weekends off only two weeks after being hired. Bad medicine. I guess that's what I get for working at a job that's not 9-5.
    If it's between the film con and IMAX I pick the filmcon. There's no way I'm missing that. Btw Madison is a cool town. I've been hanging out with the American TV crew and they're pretty wild. I'll be back to the grind Monday but I'm back in town for the weekend. Someone really oughta make their mind up about that IMAX thing though.
    If I were going I'd vote for Chicago.

17. zpac4

zpac4 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 23, 2002
    Has anyone ever heard the song "Sweet Home Indianapolis"? That's what I thought. Unsure of my attendance anyway, but Sinatra is rarely wrong. If it's his kind of town, it's mine too. And it's closer. Transmission terminated.

18. DoctorD52

DoctorD52 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 29, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.