main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC Chicago will be home of Lucas Museum

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Count bad, Jun 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Count bad

Count bad Jedi Youngling

Jun 21, 2014
    It just has been announced that Chicago will be home to the George Lucas Museum. It is going to house his personally collection of movie memorabilia including his treasure trove of Star War props, scripts, concept art, etc. Living I Chicago I Can't wait!

Pensivia and whostheBossk like this.
  2. Randwulf Crescentmoon

Randwulf Crescentmoon Jedi Master star 4

May 25, 2013
    Yay, the "Windy City" no longer blows. Kidding, kidding... kidding. I get a free pass to say that because I lived in good 'ol Shy-town once upon a time, and only because of that. Wonderful place, truly. Someplace I have always cared to revisit one day - when I have the time - and with this news I am further driven to do so.

Seriously, though, I am giddy with excitement just imagining what materials may dwell one day within the walls of that museum. That said, after having dreamt up multiple scenarios I now expect nothing less than to be greeted by the site of the Mos Eisley Cantina upon entering the building.

Sounds magical, though... like a condensed Disney World. Sign me up for the guest list come the day of the grand opening or - from a more realistic standpoint - soon thereafter.

3. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    It's a great day to be a Lucas fan in northern Illinois! [face_party]

(Yes, there are intelligent and interesting Illinoisans outside of Chicago.)

Jedi Knight Fett and Pensivia like this.
  4. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    I was about to post this!!!!!!! Great news for Chicago!!! Especially since I live nearby with a passion for Star Wars. I was keeping up on it as it was in some of the local newspapers, but wasn't sure if San Fran would snatch it away. This is truly great news and a big day!

5. Crystalia

Crystalia Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 24, 2013
    I can imagine the entrances:

Entrance one: the original entrance

Entrance two: the new entrance

Entrance 3: the special edition entrance

Entrance 4: the special, special edition entrance

in all seriousness though sounds cool :D

Pensivia, TX-20, solo77 and 1 other person like this.
  6. Lord Chazza

Lord Chazza Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2013
    In Entrance 1 you get in first. In Entrance 3 that annoying guy behind you gets in first but falls over on a wet patch on the floor. In Entrance 4, you both get in at the same time, the other guy slips over and you have to dodge him as he falls.

7. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008

Don't forget the 3D one.

Pensivia likes this.
  8. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    Eventually all the entrances become the Original Vision Entrance.

Pensivia likes this.
  9. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Except the 3D one. It leads to the TPM section of the museum and then into a blank wall with an 'under construction' sign..

10. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    Does anyone know yet how much of the exhibits are planned to be SW-related? I have also heard a lot of it will be non-SW stuff like GL's Normal Rockwell collection, his international movie poster collection, comic book art, etc. I'm guessing that he wouldn't move ALL his SW stuff there?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.