main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA Chico Air Show Aug 28 - 30th

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by DarthZemog, Aug 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthZemog

DarthZemog Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Hey Rogues,

I mentioned this in our last meeting, but I thought I'd go ahead and post a thread on it since not everyone could attend the last meeting. Tickets are available online as well as locally in Chico, Also kids 12 and under are free! The big deal to see is going to be the Navy Hellcat, Japanese Zero and B-17 Bomber reenactment in the sky with pyrotechnics!

The B-17 "Sentimental Journey" is one of only a few B-17's that are still flying today so is the A6M3 type 0 Model 22 Japanese Zero! I have been to a lot of air shows especially since my Dad and myself were both in the Air Force and I can count on one hand the number of times I have seen both planes! This is a great opportunity to see these magnificent planes up close on the ground and later in the air! Also you'll get to see an Air Force C-17 Globemaster III one HUGE plane do its stuff, the Army's 101st Airborne Division's Parachute Demonstration Team and the ACC West Coast Demo Team Flying the A-10 Warthog! For all you old school G.I. Joe fans, thats the plane the Cobra Rattler is based off of and one of my favs! Anyway, here is the link and the important info below. I'll be there Sunday and I hope some of you can make it one of the days, its going to be a great show!

Chico Air Show

CHICO AIR SHOW 2009
    "HISTORY TAKES FLIGHT: Past & Present"
    AUGUST 28-30,2009
    CHICO MUNICIPAL AIRPORT

Twilight Preview Show: Friday, August 28, 2009
    Gates Open 5 p.m.
    Great Date Night! Twilight Show & (Optional) Dinner along the Flightline followed by dancing to the tunes of Holly Taylor & Hotflash!
    General Admission: $10 Advance; $13 at the Gate
    Children 12 and Under admitted FREE!

2-Day Air Show: Sat., August 29 & Sunday, August 30, 2009
    Gates Open 9 a.m.
    Air Show 11 a.m. - 2 p.m.
    Arrive early to enjoy all of the on-ground aircraft displays, business & food vendors, Kid's Flight Zone, and Dream Machine Village.
    Upgrade your experience and buy tickets to our Flightline Club!
    Bicycle Parking Available - Compliments of the Butte Bicycle Coalition.
    General Admission: $13 Advance; $15 at the Gate
    Children 12 and Under admitted FREE!

~DZ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.