main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Child of the Dark Side

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Raissa Baiard, Apr 8, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    I think I said this already, but Callista probably wants rooms added for her and Lucya. She wants to be as close as possible to Luke.

Raissa, have you forgotten about us? :(

2. Luke_and_Mara_4ever

Luke_and_Mara_4ever Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2000
    ::little hand motion thingee:: L+M4e says in a low voice "Raissa Baiard, you *will* post more."

Raissa (in a monotonous voice) "I *will* post more."

Sorry, Raissa, I wouldn't pull a mind-trick normally, but I want MORE!

3. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard FFoF Artist Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 22, 1999
    No, I haven't forgotten about you. Unfortunately, my plans for this story and all my others were interrupted by my real life. I won't bore you with details, but I hadn't had the time or inclination to write for a while. Life seems to be more or less back on track now, so I will have a new post just as soon as I can. Thanks for not forgetting about me! :)

MTFBWY,
    ~Raissa

4. Raissa Baiard

Nov 22, 1999
    OK, I *am* posting more. Kinda short, but more should be coming soon, since I have half of the next scene written. Hope you enjoy. :)
    ~Raissa

Luke flipped through the stack of Gell's sketches while Mara leaned against the sofa, watching over his shoulder. Sometimes she would offer a comment, but more often both of them simply studied the proposed designs, trying to find exactly the right one. Luke wondered how he and Mara were ever going to agree on one when there were so many choices. They'd spent most of the last two nights looking over Gell's drawings, hoping to whittle the pile down a little. It hadn't worked as well as he'd hoped. Though they'd managed to narrow the field a bit, it seemed everytime they thought they'd ruled out one deisgn, one of them would look at it again and insist it had to stay. And Gell was due to meet with them today, which probably meant a new batch of drawings. Luke sighed.
    A short, hestitant tap sounded at their door, and he laid the drawings aside, glancing at the chronometer. Gell Lajos was early for his appointment with, but that in itself didn't surprise Luke. He was always eager to give them his latest sketches. But though Gell was normally excited and anxious to get their thoughts, today his presence had a nervous, fidgety edge to it. That impression was confirmed when door slid open. Gell's appearance was in more of a state of disarray than usual; besides the everpresent graphite smudges on face, hands, and robe, his robes were as rumpled as if he'd slept in them--if indeed he'd slept at all-- and his short brown hair stuck out in random directions. Gell clutched a single sheet of flimsiplast that twitched in his hand. "Hello, Gell," Luke greeted. "Come in and have a seat."
    "Would you like something to drink?" Mara offered from the conversation circle. "Maybe some ryshcate? Leia's been sending a fresh supply every week since Luke mentioned that I'd asked for it at the dining hall. Apparently, if you're pregnant you can't just feel like having dessert, you must be having a craving." She raised an eyebrow at Luke as if he was responsible for the ryshcate that kept showing up via every shuttle from Coruscant.
    Gell smiled, but waved the offer away. "Thanks, but no. I only have one drawing for you today," he said, half apologetically as he crossed to the conversation circle. "But I really think this is the one. I think you will too. I hope you will." He laid the sketch out on the table and smoothed it lovingly. Gell perched on the edge of his chair, watching their faces intently. Somehow, he managed to hover nervously over Luke and Mara even though he sat across the table from them.
    Luke glanced down at the drawing and his jaw dropped. The othere sketches were beautiful, any of the houses would have been fit for a king, but Gell had outdone himseslf on this one. The house was constructed of the black stone that was everywhere on Yavin and seemed to have been carved out of a natural bluff. It rose in a sweeping curve from the forest around it; climbing vines twined up the walls and at one end of the house a waterfall cascaded down into a pool. He stared at the page, imagining this as their house. Luke could almost feel the polished wood of the front door benath his hand, could almost hear the children laughing as they splashed in the waterfall. He caught Mara's eye and she nodded, the gleam of a smile sparkling in her deep green eyes. He looked up from the drawing at Gell, who seemed to be afraid to move or even breathe. "You're right," Luke told the young artist. "This is the one."
    Ok, not much happens in this post, but things ought to pick up soon, and in the next post or 2, you'll get to find out about Callista's plans for the house.

5. Luke Skywalker Himself

Luke Skywalker Himself Jedi Youngling star 1

May 15, 2000
    *Callista's* plans for the house?!?! ::gulp:: I've got a bad feeling about this...

6. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    Like I commented before, I bet Callista wants bedrooms for her and Lucya to live in their house. Luke better see the light and kick her off of Yavin if he knows whats good for him.....

7. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Glad you got the inclination to write again.
    Yep, Luke better send Callista packing.

8. Princess Sari

Princess Sari Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 8, 2000
  9. Jeff 42

Jeff 42 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 14, 1998
    Good post.

10. The_Avenging_Angel

The_Avenging_Angel Jedi Youngling

Feb 2, 2001
    This is a wonderful story, very well-written.

Please post more soon!

11. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
    Hey Raissa. Good to see you're still around.

12. Luke_and_Mara_4ever

Aug 8, 2000
    ::drop-kicks thread to top::

13. Luke_and_Mara_4ever

Aug 8, 2000
    ::smacks thread on rumpus:: LEVITATE!!

14. Luke_and_Mara_4ever

Aug 8, 2000
    ::Chases thread up to top with large stick::

15. PadawanElf

PadawanElf Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 18, 2000
    Hey, Raissa - would it help convince you to write more if I told you that you had a new fan?

Well, you do! This story's great!

16. Luke_and_Mara_4ever

Aug 8, 2000
    ::grabs lightsaber, chases thread up to top yet again::

17. Raissa Baiard

Nov 22, 1999
    *blushes* Wow, I'm really flattered by all the attention! Especially from you, L+M4E! I'm sorry I can't post as often as you'd like (or as often as I'd like), but working on with multiple stories and keeping up with life, the universe and everything keeps getting in the way. Anyway, hop yoou enjoy this latest post, and I'll do my best to get some more posted soon.
    MTFBWY,
    Raissa

Luke had to smile at the profound relief on Gell's face; he looked as if a weight the size of a small bantha had been lifted from his shoulders. Gell collapsed back into his chair, heaving a great sigh. "I'm so glad to hear you say that!" he said, his ecstatic smile turning just a bit sheepish. "Because I start working on the plans for this one last night." He reached into the satchel that hung at his belt, and after rummaging around for a few seconds, came up with a piece of folded flimsy and a stylus. Gell carefully unfolded the flimsy and laid it on the table next to the drawing of the façade. "This is just a preliminary layout for the ground floor," he told them, and Luke leaned forward to get a better view of the faint lines that had been sketched on the paper. "Here's the foyer, and the staircase leading up to the second floor." He tapped the long, slow curve on the left side of the drawing with his stylus. "It's longer than it could have been, but I didn't want it to be so steep that R2 could make upstairs-- there's a ramp for him on the side of the staircase, by the way." Luke nodded, pleased that Gell had thought to add such a thing; R2 was part of their family in his own right. Gell's smile brightened a bit, as he noticed Luke's pleasure at this small touch. He pointed out the rest of the features: a kitchen with enough amenities for Coruscant's finest chef; dining room that opened out onto a black stone terrace; formal sitting room for meetings with the Jedi or visiting dignitaries; and a conversation circle, whose walls were almost completely made of transparisteel to provide a better view of the forest.

Mara studied the sketch, tracing the lines of each room with one fingertip. Happiness and shone around her. *Our house. Our home!* Her thoughts practically sang in his mind. Luke smiled to himself, and wrapped an arm around his wife's waist, pulling her close. It still amazed him that he'd found exactly what always wanted, that he and Mara were building a home and a family together. It was even more amazing to see how much Mara wanted it too. Green eyes slid up to meet his, and Mara quirked an eyebrow at him. *Of course this is what I wanted, Skywalker-- the house, Pheylan, you. It just took me a while to realize it.* She glanced back down at the drawing. "This is beautiful, Gell," Mara commented, running her finger up the curve of the staircase. "Have you done the second story as well?"

Gell shifted in his chair, looking suddenly nervous again. "No," he said. "I haven't gotten to that that yet." He fidgeted with his stylus. "I wasn't certain how many bedrooms you wanted me to add."

This didn't strike Luke as something that would have upset anyone, even Gell, unassuming about his work as he was. But if it would put him at ease to get a formal count?"Well, let's see. The master bedroom, one for Lucya, one for Pheylan," Luke said, ticking each one off on his fingers. "At least three."

"Four," Mara corrected. "We'll need the extra room one of these days. " A half smile touched her lips.

"Four," Luke agreed, smiling back. How could he have forgotten? According to their shared vision, Pheylan was going to have a younger sister. Yes, they'd definitely be needing another room someday.

Gell chewed at the end of his stylus for a moment, and his eyes flickered to the blueprint, the floor, the walls, looking everywhere but at Luke and Mara. "I don't know if I should bring this up," he began hesitantly. "But? what about?.Callista? I mean, will Lucya want to live without her mother? I could easily add an extra room for her." Gell finally looked up and blanched when he saw the hard ex

18. PadawanElf

Oct 18, 2000
    Oooooh, cue the ominous music...

Great post!

19. Luke_and_Mara_4ever

Aug 8, 2000
    *DUM DA DUM DUM*!

Ohhhh....what's Luke gonna do?

20. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    Great Post...glad they objected to a room for Callista. I hope Luke isn't going to do anything bad.

21. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    so glad that Luke put his foot down. He needs to be firm with Callista.

22. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    have no idea what page this is on, but I am giving it an upper. Hopefully Raissa will give us a new post in a week or so.

23. Luke_and_Mara_4ever

Aug 8, 2000
    ::grabs lightsaber, gives fic more exercise in a desperate run for the top:: I am an extremely demanding reader. MORE!

24. Luke_and_Mara_4ever

Aug 8, 2000
    Raissa, have you abandoned us? More, please!

25. PadawanElf

Oct 18, 2000
    cry.gif Raissa, please post more...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.