main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Childhood Monster (Kyp/Sanar; drama/romance)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Trickster_Jaina_Fel, Oct 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    Childhood Monster
    By Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Disclaimer
    : I don?t own Kyp Durron, the GFFA, the Jedi, and am in no way affiliated with George Lucas Ltd. However, I *do* own Sanar Klis, Na?Lein?yhpaon, and anything otherwise connected with Sanar. Please ask before you use them. I?m not making any money off of this; please don?t sue.
    Summary: On a training exercise, Sanar is forced to realize a few things about the man she has hated for most of her life, and what their relationship could be.
    Characters: Sanar Klis (OC), Kyp Durron
    Genre: drama, romance
    Keywords: OC, Carida, Sanar, Kyp
    Author?s Note: Background information on Sanar ? she first appeared in my fic ?Return of the Jedi? and quickly bloomed into a large OC that has a habit of showing up all over the place :p She was raised on Na?Lein?yhpaon, where the idea that men alone have a connection with the gods and women are scum is very prominent. However, she was not introduced to this regime until she was twelve, when her father was killed on Carida by Kyp Durron. Sanar was forced to grow up very quickly and support her remaining family in the way that her mother ? too fragile ? and her brother (Devnos) ? becoming a stranger even more everyday ? could not. Clayra is her younger sister.
    AN2: the reason Sanar and Kyp are together is because, in case you didn?t figure it out, Sanar managed to escape Na?Lein?yhpaon with the help of Kyp. He offered to take her to Luke if she wanted to be trained as a Jedi. Kyp and Sanar apparently brought out the dark side in Luke, because the so-called benevolent hero ( ;)) paired them up as master and apprentice :p

{Sanar's POV}

I gritted my teeth and stretched as far as I could, until I was almost on the very tip of my dancing toes, and grasped the first handhold I could find. The rock was rough and dug into my skin like sandpaper, but I only tightened my grip. My muscles were straining, aching, as I made my tedious way up the cliff and I allowed myself only one thought:

Hate?Kyp?Durron?!

I repeated it over and over again, and with each word I strained a little farther up. After twenty straight minutes of climbing, I was shaking from exertion. Growing up on Na?Lein?yhpaon had cultivated my ability to put short bursts of energy into what I did ? sprinting, ducking, escaping ? so that I could get out of the way. My endurance levels were pathetic and I knew it.

When Durron had convinced me to train as a Jedi, I had not known that I would end up training under him. Judging by Durron?s shock when Skywalker had said we would ?be good for each other?, he hadn?t expected it either. I allowed myself a dark smirk of amusement before focusing once again on just breathing and getting to the top of the cliff.

Durron must have known what he was in for when I became his apprentice ? he had killed my father, even if it had been unknowingly, and I had a lifetime of hatred to let loose ? but I hadn?t had a clue. Apparently, Durron digged endurance. Just my luck, of course.

I?ll get you for this, Durron! Training is one thing ? but one slip and I?ll be dead and you?ll have to explain to Crazedwalker what I was doing, crawling up a cliff that?s ninety-degrees from the ground!

?You alright, Sanar?? Durron asked easily, looking over his shoulder.

I didn?t even have the strength to glare up at him, which was probably just as well. ?How ? ? I gasped and practically jumped to reach my next handhold. My legs dangled uselessly beneath me now, but it had been that or plunge to my untimely demise. I didn?t survive Horaire just to fall off some stupid rock, I thought darkly. ?How much ? longer?? I managed as sweat trickled into my eyes. I blinked rapidly, trying to get it out of my eyes. With a quick burst of strength, I pulled myself up by my arms ? the nice, toned look my body was taking was about the only good side to this whole mess, I thought ? and my feet found a wonderf

2. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003

I got first post!! Woohoo!! Now to go read it... :p

3. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    yes, please do! :D ;)

bump^

~TJF

4. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003

Growing up on Na?Lein?yhpaon had cultivated my ability to put short bursts of energy into what I did ? sprinting, ducking, escaping ? so that I could get out of the way. My endurance levels were pathetic and I knew it.

I can sympathize.... And I have asthma on top.... Not fun.... I can run pretty fast though :D

the nice, toned look my body was taking was about the only good side to this whole mess, I thought

*laughs*

Oh Sanar!! Only you would think of that! :p

My mantra changed slightly. Hate?Durron?and?Skywalker?!

*giggles*

Aww... Isn't she just the sweetest thing?..... :p

?Durron ? gonna ? kill ? you,? I gritted out.

KS'll love this. :D

Plan: 1) Get to the top. 2) If I have the strength, beat Durron within a centimetre of his life. 3) Drink every drop of water in my water bottle and Durron?s ? he owes me. 4) Drop dead. 5) Revive. 6) Throttle Durron. 7) Plan ways to get back at Skywalker. 8) Take a looooooooooong nap. 9) Throttle Durron some more.

*laughs hysterically*

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Because I was distracted by how my perspective on him was changing, I reached to grab a rough outcrop and ?

And ?

Down ?

Falling ?

Screaming ?

Larifx!

Then ?

A sharp jerk ?

And dangling ?

Saved from certain death by breaking every bone in my cursed body only by a bruising grip on my wrist!

YAY KYP!!! GOOO KYP!!! SAVE SANAR!!! YESS!!! SAVE HER!!! THEN GIVE HER A KISS!! THEN GET MARRIED AND HAVE TONS OF KIDS THAT THWART THE VONG!!! :) My master plans.....

I was in shock; I knew it. It was why I couldn?t hear Kyp?s frantic pleas and directions. I tried to push back the haze that covered my ears. All I could see was Kyp?s desperate face, the way he strained to pull me up, the way he attempted to catch my other arm.

Awww.... "Frantic pleas" huh? [face_devil] Kyp likes Sanar.... Kypie likes Sanar... Kypie likes Sanar.... *snickers*

Feeling surreal, I made my small, dangling left hand find its way into Kyp?s large and calloused one. Funny, I thought vaguely. Once, I would have recoiled in disgust at even the idea of looking at Kyp, let alone grabbing his hand?

Oh isn't it romantic!? [face_love] [face_love]

I started to pull myself up but before I even really moved, Kyp knelt, hooked his arms under my own and stood, dragging me along. He held me close enough to almost cut off my breath for a long moment before realizing what he was doing and who I was. Immediately he tried to release me, but I held on as tightly as he had only a second before. He hesitated, then wrapped his arms around me and buried his face in my hair.

?Don?t do that ever again, please, Sanar,? he whispered, sounding more broken than I had ever heard him ? even more so than when he had when he spoke of Carida that one time, when I had let loose some of my hatred.

*lip quivers*

Perfect...... :( :_| [face_love] :( :_| [face_love] :(..... ;)

I didn?t speak, but squeezed my eyes shut, trying to capture this moment in my memory forever. My heart was fluttering in my throat like a meddlesome moth, but it was only partly from my near-death experience. I felt almost high on the sudden, unexpected sensation that was sweeping over me. I was all too aware of the way his shirt ? newly dried in the cold sun ? rubbed against me. This felt comfortable, right.

It is comfortable and it IS right!! :D :) [face_love] *happy sigh*

I was, and I wanted to cry even more as I realized that I could ? maybe even was, at that very moment ? fall in love with the man I had hated for so long.

How precious!! [face_love] :D [face_love] :D [face_love] :D [face_love] :D [face_love] :D [face_love]

5. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    That was fantastic, TJF!!!

I loved how you provided insight into Sanar's past, and how long her hatred of Durron has lasted.

Great job!

6. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    Jaid: Oh Sanar!! Only you would think of that!

well, under all her toughness, she's just so vain... ;)

My mantra changed slightly. Hate?Durron?and?Skywalker?!

*giggles*
    Aww... Isn't she just the sweetest thing?.....

she reminds me a little of someone, now that i think about it.... :p ;)

YAY KYP!!! GOOO KYP!!! SAVE SANAR!!! YESS!!! SAVE HER!!! THEN GIVE HER A KISS!! THEN GET MARRIED AND HAVE TONS OF KIDS THAT THWART THE VONG!!!

*hums innocently* now why would they do something like that? *halo* ( [face_devil])

Kyp likes Sanar.... Kypie likes Sanar... Kypie likes Sanar.... *snickers*

*kyp stares at Jaid* how did you know???? *wails* you better not tell her or i'll -- i'll
    *sanar* oh shut up durron. no one cares. besides, i already figured it out *is surruptiously admiring kyp [face_love] :p*

Lt: thank you :D [face_blush]

I loved how you provided insight into Sanar's past, and how long her hatred of Durron has lasted.

lol -- Child of the Wind has really helped me figure out exactly what happened with sanar's past, so you'll notice that i'm putting more details about sanar into viggies, RotJ and DAD :)

~TJF

7. GenOochy

GenOochy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 8, 2003
    As promised, I'm reading all your stories... I like it! :D

It's... It's...

SWEET! :D

8. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    [face_blush] thanks Oochy :D

bump^

~TJF

9. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    That was good. No, that was great. The 'I know.' at the end really sealed it for me. Where have I heard that before? :confused: ;)

Dangit, you made me like Kyp again! How do you do that?

10. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002

Dangit, you made me like Kyp again! How do you do that?

*attempts to whistle*

*gives up*

i dunno....people seem to like the kyp i write *focus on the angst angst angst! [face_devil] :p*

~TJF

11. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
  12. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
  13. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
  14. Cerasy

Cerasy Jedi Youngling