main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Children of Circumstance (AOTC A/P story ) A story about Anakin, his love and his path

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by geo3, Nov 14, 2002.

1. illuminatrix

illuminatrix Jedi Master star 1

Oct 17, 2002
    This is getting better by the post!

Tec is not making himself any friends, here, is he?

And Padme telling Obi to "Show some back bone for once and make a decision on your own." Spot on! I get the impression that the Jedi are so mired in rule and tradition that they can't handle change very well, can't grow and adapt to new sitations. And blimey, there's some new situations coming up here!

And Palpy... oh dear. The bantha poodoo is about to hit the air conditioning...

Eagerly awaiting more!

2. PhoenixMage

PhoenixMage Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 6, 2002
    Death to Palpy. Evil guy.
    'Ruined'? *Raises eyebrow* Obi-Wan's thinking of Anakin more as an object, isn't he? That's not nice.
    'I find your lack of faith disturbing'- AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! *Screams in terror* ACK!

3. LadyZ

LadyZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    Superb post!

"I do have a right to ask because this affects me as much as it does you, or Anakin, or the Order" You'd better never try to argue with a politician!!! Cool!! :D

I liked that Anakin enjoyed Padmé's "show", that he was so proud- great characterization.

Both Tec and Obi are behaving normally- Tec is a typicall old-fashioned Master, and Obi, as the best knight of the Old Order, he knows when he had to give some air to a Padawan to save the Future.

Pon Far - yes it's a cool name - still I'm not sure but isn't it the name of the love-period of the Vulcan which comes only once in 7 year? I'm not sure... Anyway, it's not a ST forum :D ;)

4. JediArwen

JediArwen Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2002
    I admit I like your Padme more and more with every new chapter. She is realy the warrior who fought the Trade Federation and of course its clear from where came Leia's heritage. I enjoy it.
    If only there was no Palpy...
    Well, a person can always have hope, can't he or she?
    Lena

5. Jedi-Roxy

Jedi-Roxy Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 13, 2002
    Oh, boy. That was great! Keep it coming. I'm gonna be sad when this ends. *tear*

Roxy

6. Breanna_Irulan_Ember

Breanna_Irulan_Ember Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 11, 2002
    Wow! My buddy Amigirl recommended this tory to me, and I can see why. It's so cool! UP!

7. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    So many replies to make! Thank you all, really.

Starwoid Wedding in the next and *sadly* last post!

Darth_Lex Very, very cool prize for the challenge! Will Geo be dark and evil?You're right about Anakin - by now he is very different from the young man who jumped off the lift and ran through the corridor in Chapter 1, and it's only the beginning of a lot more changes.

aotc02 It's inevitable that the Jedi would try to separate them. But I don't think they will succeed.

DarthBreezy I know. the other line that creeped me out when I wrote it is the one about making sure that "anything that happens to him is of my own making." I scared myself.

illuminatrix Exactly right about the Jedi. Anakin represents change...

PhoenixMage Lots of reminders about things we know will happen...

LadyZ You're right again. I give up. And I agree with you about Obi. He has all the right instincts. Ithink that's why he has such a big role to play in the future he is trying to preserve....

JediArwen I also love Padme like this...

Jedi_Roxy Only one more post to go...

Breama_Irulan_Ember Welcome! Sadly, we're almost done, but I'm glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for the UP.

I'll post the last chapter tomorrow. (Saturday).

8. starwoid

starwoid Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2002
    ?!?!?!LAST POST?!?!?! :_|

[face_resigned] Might as well up this anyway.

up!!!

:D

starwoid

9. Breanna_Irulan_Ember

Oct 11, 2002
    ::looks sad:: Last post? Already? Wow, I am behind. Thanx a lot, Amigirl!

10. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Well, I can't believe it, but we have arrived at the end of the story! Thank you all so much for reading and commenting. You have made it all worthwhile.

Chapter 24. The Way Home

As soon as Anakin was given leave to go Padmé put all of her considerable energy and resources into getting them to the Lake House. It was the only place she felt safe from prying eyes. She allowed only a small, handpicked service staff to accompany them. Sabé was so angry and being excluded from her confidence that they were barely on speaking terms, but Padmé was beyond caring.

It was of course far too late to avoid gossip, but Padmé decided that it might work to her advantage. By leaving people to gossip about an affair she could more easily hide the marriage. Mercifully, in the beauty and serenity of the lakeside retreat is was easy to forget that the rest of the world existed. It was the first time she and Anakin had been together without the constant threat that it would also be their last.

For his part Anakin used all of his meager resources to practice standing up. He would not allow Padmé to marry someone who couldn?t stand on his own feet. On the afternoon of their first day in the Lake House Padmé found him collapsed on the terrace by the bedroom, shirtless, in bare feet and shivering. It was a warm day but Anakin was always shivering.

She flew to him. ?How did you get here??

?I walked,? He said through chattering teeth. He was very pleased.

?You?re freezing!? She scolded, helping him awkwardly to his feet and trying to support him as he made his painful way back inside. ?Why would you let yourself get so cold??

?I am going to walk on my own tomorrow.?

?You don?t have to do this, Anakin. It doesn?t matter to me.?

?It matters to me.? It mattered enormously. The idea of letting her down in any way was much more agonizing than walking.

?Come inside. I?ll help you get warm.? Padmé spent a lot of time wrapped around Anakin. Her vibrant presence in the Force was often the only thing that could calm his chills.

?That?s another good reason to get cold,? he said, shaking.

Until that moment Padmé had not allowed herself to have expectations of any kind about Anakin?s eventual recovery. She had decided firmly that having him alive was enough. But this definitely was beginning to sound like the old Anakin. She felt an exhilarating surge of hope.

?You fool,? she grumbled. ?You don?t need an excuse for that. And neither do I.? But she took the hint and spent the rest of the day and night draped over or around him to keep him warm while they talked and dozed. Neither one could remember having spent a more peaceful or healing time.

During the night while she slept Anakin got up again and practiced walking unaided until he was satisfied that he could stay on his feet for a reasonable amount of time. Only then did he allow himself to rest.

On the afternoon of the second day Anakin dressed with difficulty in his Jedi robes, made his way painfully to the broad terrace that overlooked the lake, and waited for his bride.

If he had not already been as weak as an infant the sight of Padmé in her white gown and veil would have had the same effect. He lost all power of speech and his heart, which had still not found its proper rhythm, started to pound alarmingly. He took care to remember to keep breathing.

She came close, making him dizzy with wonder. She was glowing ? perhaps from the afternoon sun.

?Ohh?? he moaned softly, his powers of articulation no stronger than his body.

Padmé looked at him seriously.

?Are you all right? Can you stand??

?For this? For you?? he managed to whisper. ?Yes, I can stand??

The wedding ceremony was brief and poignant. It was miraculous, really. A quiet, kind man spoke a few profound words and afterward the universe was changed. Padmé took his hands, one metal and one flesh, and that in that instant he became whole. She kissed him gently and everything that had felt broken was mended.

The Holy Man left quietly and Anakin managed to remain

11. illuminatrix

illuminatrix Jedi Master star 1

Oct 17, 2002
    Geo3, that was beautiful. I know Anakin will get better with Padme's love and support. To hell with you, silly Jedi Council! :D

I'm sorry it's finished - but!- there's going to be a sequel. Hooray! *does little dance, gets embarrassed, pulls her self together*

Can't wait! :D :D

12. Lando_Plenty

Lando_Plenty Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 13, 2002
    :) :) :) One could only wish that Anakin, Padme and Bale could live a 'happily ever after' life. :(

You wrote it true to the characters and themes, I think. I get that same feeling like if it's destiny and circumstance that brought them together. I really like the stories of A&P, its like reading a history that actually happened. This one in is so well written and plotted.

But the best thing is hearing of a follow-up story! These characters are too great to let go. I'm eager to know how he is treated back at the temple, what Obi-wan does, what happens to Padme's career, and how he recovers. Whenever you decide to start up the next story, PM me. I'll definitely be a reader.

BTW, Its hard to pick out favourite chapters because all are so intricately linked. They're all good! But the best I think is 18. Nothing beats a saber duel!

13. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    It's great to see that Anakin realizes he has something to live for after all.

And you write Padme's unconditional love for him so well. Nothing else matters except that she has him. It's so real. I almost cried. (Almost. :p)

I?m not afraid of losing you any more.
    All I could think of when I read this was Yoda's line to Luke on Dagobah: "You will be." :_|

By giving herself to him in marriage, Padmé had set him free to choose his own path.
    This final line is brilliant. It is so powerful because it is so sad. It just makes me, as I have wanted to do dozens of other times in this story, scream at Anakin to see what he is doing, to change his life, to choose rightly. :mad: :_| :mad: :_|

14. starwoid

starwoid Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2002
    A quiet, kind man spoke a few profound words and afterward the universe was changed.

My favorite line in that post, hands down. It's the validity of that statement that makes it so poignant.

And I'm anxious to read the sequel. You've done a maginficent job with this story, geo3. Not only have you provided me with a new way to see Anakin and Padme, but I think you've also grown as a writer since you started posting. And that's always a wonderful thing. ;)

I really loved this story and I hope you'll start the next one relatively soon. :)

starwoid

15. Dally

Dally Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    Beautiful. Very poignant. I will watch for the sequel!

16. qingauk

qingauk Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    Your ending was so peaceful and dignified. Her Acceptance of him in less than perfect form shows how deep the river of love flows.
    Thanks for sharing . Looking forward to the future.

17. Breanna_Irulan_Ember

Oct 11, 2002
    ::claps:: Beautiful, just BEAUTIFUL! Congratulations! Can't wait for the follow-up.

18. little_Skywalker

little_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 21, 2002
    brilliant Geo3! simply brilliant. I really hope there is a sequal! don't hesitate to PM me if you write anymore! :)

~LS~

19. aotc02

aotc02 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 17, 2002
    Wonderful! Amazing! I loved it! I loved the ending with the wedding and their vows to each but I wish it wasn't over yet. I look forward to whatever you write next with much anticipation. Thank you for writing!

20. PhoenixMage

PhoenixMage Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 6, 2002
    Amazing! I loved the ending, and can't wait for the sequel!

21. LadyZ

LadyZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    Brilliant, beautiful post!!! :) :) :)

"Padmé took his hands, one metal and one flesh, and that in that instant he became whole. She kissed him gently and everything that had felt broken was mended." These were my favorite but every line of the wedding was fantastic!! :)

I can't wait for the new story!! :D

22. JediArwen

JediArwen Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2002
    Excellent geo! Very good job!
    But it's finished. :_| :_|
    The only good thing is that the story will have a sequel. :) :)
    I can't wait for the sequel.
    I shall watch for it but if you PM it would be better.
    Lena

23. GirlJedi

GirlJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 10, 2000
    wow. this was a truly beautiful A&P story. So good with the characters, plotlines, and esp with Anakin and Padme.

Makes my feeble attempts at A&P fanfic pale in comparison.

Your story is truly heartwarming, made me realize that it is Anakin & Padme's love for each other that saves the Jedi, because from their love Luke is born, who grows up and one day meets a strange old desert hermit. <sigh>

Thank you for this wonderful story. I look forward to reading more of your work.

24. jedi scholar

jedi scholar Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 31, 1999
  25. Jedi-Roxy

Jedi-Roxy Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 13, 2002
    Yes, you must continue with this. That was a great last post. I'm still sad the story is over, but I will survive.

Cheers,

Roxy