main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Children of Dune" Mini-series.

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by Eva_Pilot04, Feb 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eva_Pilot04

Eva_Pilot04 Jedi Knight star 7

Nov 15, 2001
    You didn't miss a whole lot. Irulan, Leto, and Ghanima go out into the desert to get away from Alia. Duncan gives her the impression that he's going to kill Jessica, but he picks her up and they fly to a place "where she'll never think to look" for them. Leto and Ghanima (after putting on Farad'n's robes) give Irulan the slip and end up at the water stealer's siech (sp?) where they are chased by the tigers. It ends on a cliffhanger with Ghani finding shelter in a cave and Leto gets his crys-knife out to fight them.

Self-Appointed God Emperor of the JCC

2. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
    To me, that is more important to me than who spoke what and wether Alia should be dressed or not during her fighting excercise.

It's obvious that your priorities are completely out of whack. [face_mischief]

3. Lexalus

Lexalus Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2003
    Alia is stunning and I feel so bad for her

her exercise scene was cool
    all the female leads are strong, smart and hautingly beautiful

I really am enjoying this one more so than the first one

4. JediWarriorYoda

JediWarriorYoda Jedi Master star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    If you missed the last fifteen minutes of last night's part, I suggest tuning in a little early tonight... they show the previous night's part before the new one.

5. Jades Fire

Jades Fire Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 1998
    They are repeating part 2 just before part 3 tonight so if you tune in early you'll catch the end.

6. Sith Bane

Sith Bane Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 14, 1999
    Damn, I got the first series on DVD. no way to even access the SCIFI channel from over here in Holland.So I guess there's only one thing to do. Move to America.

7. Eva_Pilot04

Nov 15, 2001
    Yeah, move to the states Martin. I have a guest room at my house. 8-}

8. Sith Bane

Dec 14, 1999
    uhm, I really want to see CoD.. But I also want to live to tell about it... :p So thanks, but no thanks, bro.. ;)

9. Eva_Pilot04

Nov 15, 2001
    Look, just because I head a Black Ops special forces unit in the military, am a leading member of the shadow government, and own about fifty guns of human and alien design, doesn't mean you have to be afraid to visit me. I am your brother after all. [face_mischief]

10. Sith Bane

Dec 14, 1999
    *shivers* :(

11. Eva_Pilot04

Nov 15, 2001
    Oh come on now, Mart. Beth, Gauri, Jordan, and Sam are all here. It's safe. :D

12. Sith Bane

Dec 14, 1999
    No, they're not!

13. Eva_Pilot04

Nov 15, 2001
    Yes they are!!!

14. Saint_of_Killers

Saint_of_Killers Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 18, 2001
    Alia died! She was hot! :_|

Paul died! Again! He wasn't so hot this time though. :(

Maybe I'm just a pervert, but I sensed alot of freaky incest overtones.

15. Eva_Pilot04

Nov 15, 2001
    Yeah, I didn't like seeing Alia die. Even though I knew it was going to happen, I was still rooting for a turnaround.

Ah well. Ghanima is equally hot, and she's still around. [face_love]

I also hated seeing Duncan die even though I knew that was going to happen too. Still, if they do God Emperor, Heretics, and Chapterhouse, he'll be back again... and again... ;)

Yeah, the reunion scene did sort of have some incestuous overtones, but I think a lot of people (myself included) are just seeing it that way because it's not normal for most siblings to be that close.

*shrugs*

<CTMS>

16. Sau-Den

Sau-Den Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    Well now that everybody has seen it I don't need to worry about any spoilers. Man I love this new series! I love Gerney a lot more in this one, and the dialogue he has with Paul (aka Preacher) just touches me. I think one of the best decisions this mini-series made was having Brian Tyler do the score. My God it is truly amazing! And the soundtrack just came out today! Anybody have it yet so I can download the entire thing? I've had it stuck in my head for a week, mostly the main theme in all of its forms.

I cried when both Chaini and Paul died. And I think I liked the Messiah part of it the most because it was mostly Paul and Alec Newman is the greatest actor in the world! Why doesn't Hollywood pick up on this goldmine? There is just so many good things to say about this that I don't have time to write. I don't think there was a thing I didn't like, and the new actors for the characters start to grow on you. Like Steven Berkoff and Alice Krige. And I like the new Duncan much more than the old one.

And I loved how they used lines from the last one, like Alia right before she dies "I want my brother" and right before Jessica leaves with Duncan "When they find this place, there must be nothing left but the wind hallowing through the rocks"

And the other lines I loved, Stilgar's "Have them summon woooorms!" puts a smile on my face every time. And I really liked the scenes with Paul and Chaini, especially after the stoneburner when Paul says "We have eternity" And also, I am now officially dubbing the Godfather-like montage where Chaini is giving birth as "The Scene". Mini-series or not, this is going on my top 10 list of favorite movies of all-time.

17. Saint_of_Killers

Saint_of_Killers Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 18, 2001
    "but I think a lot of people (myself included) are just seeing it that way because it's not normal for most siblings to be that close."

I dunno, if I had a sister that looked like that...

I think I'm gonna have to put Ghani, along with Alia, in my "Princess Leia" category. That means even if she was my sister, I'd do her.

18. Kesel

Kesel Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 1999
    I got to say that I was tearing up during Paul's death scene. Talk about a hard life. Father dies, worshiped as a Messiah, infant son murdered, leads revolution, then wins power. Loses power, wife dies, becomes hermit, then stabbed in back. And yes, Alec Newman has got acting chops to spare. That guy was golden as Paul.

19. Elf

Elf Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 21, 1998
    OK. Does the next book pick up with Leto II or does it deal with something else entirely?

20. Quakake

Quakake Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 4, 2002
    Oh Leto's in the next book but not nearly as studly.

21. Darth Euro

Darth Euro Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 1999
    The next book is called "God Emperor of Dune" and takes place ~3000 years later. Leto II is basically immortal and has now transformed mostly into a sandworm.
    Duncan Idaho returns as a ghola (again), and from then on he becomes the central character in the remaining Dune books.

To find out more, read the book... :)

22. JangoFettClone

JangoFettClone Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 24, 2002
    Somebody told me Heretics of Dune was the next book.

23. Eva_Pilot04

Nov 15, 2001
    No, it's God Emperor, then Heretics, then Chapterhouse. There was going to be one more book, but Frank Herbert never finished it. His son said that after he finishes writing the prequels, he's going to work on the sequel to Chapterhouse based on his father's notes.

And yeah, Ghanima is definitely doable no matter what the relationship. ;)

24. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    Alec Newman = [face_love]

25. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    I agree about Alec Newman. This guy is good. Ive never seen him in anything before the Dune miniseries but he's definitely got some chops to him. He was emoting so much in part three that I felt like I was sitting next to him in that sand dune rather than Leto.

Overall I thought last night's conclusion was pretty good but it did feel rushed at some points. In hindsight I guess two more hours probably would have rounded out the series nicely.

Oh, and I highly, highly recommend God Emperor of Dune to anyone who hasnt yet read it. A great read that closes out the legacy of both Muad'dib and Leto II.

Or does it... ? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.