Children of Dune

Discussion in 'Dayton, OH' started by Sean_Starrider, Mar 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sean_Starrider Jedi Master

star 4
    I just wanted to let everybody know if they didn't already that tonight is the premiere of Frank Herbert's classic Children of Dune. It's a 3 part miniseries on the SCIFI channel and part 1 is tonight at 9pm, part 2 is tomorrow at 9pm and part 3 is tuesday at 9pm. The Dune books are some of my favorite of all time and I didn't know if anybody else likes them or not but just wanted to let you all know. :)
  2. PADA-1 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I rented the sci-fi version of Dune a month or so ago. Can't say I got into it, quit watching it halfway through. It seemed...confusing I guess.I read in a Lucas biography that Walker said Lucas stole his idea for tatooine and the whole spice mines from him, uh yeah keep believing that Walker.
  3. Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Master

star 4
    Watched it, didn't like it.
  4. Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus

star 5
    First night was sort of slow, last night (the second installment) was so much better!

More gauze!
  5. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    I rented Dune (2000) and watched the whole thing the day before Children of Dune premiered. Love both movies...and never really liked the 1980's Dune (even with Sting)

While I haven't read the books (long waiting list of things to read), I found that the story was exciting...yet they kept it basic enough to get involved with (the original movie was full of "internal" dialogue that got really boring. Sci-Fi channel really did a great job in production design and use of CGI.

Plus, it's nice to know that since Sci-Fi Channel ruined the ending for one of the greatest television shows ever...Farscape...I can still catch all day marathons of Dune and Children of Dune Until they release the Battlestar galactica miniseries (because all their new shows look like junk)
  6. Sean_Starrider Jedi Master

star 4
    I liked it, But I don't feel that it lived up to the book. I know the movies never do, But in this case I just really felt the characters were not very well introduced and developed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.