I.E., CA Children Of Dune!!!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Anakin_Skywalker_X, Mar 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anakin_Skywalker_X Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Just watched about o 8 hours of the Dune Saga including the first part of the new children of the Dune mini series and it looks very very cool so far. I am thinking about doing a costume from it. Did anyone else (besides Rogue who just sat with me all day today and also spent two hours last night watching the original Dune) catch the begining of this amazing series? :)

I know Oddy is, I would say, more into this sci-fi then Star Wars (I could be wrong he has been reading a lot more Star Wars lately his loyalties may have changed). Did you catch one dude?
  2. Rogue_Granger Jedi Padawan

star 4
    yes, I watched w/ Ani today, but does that mean I can't say what I thought of it? I rather liked it! I love his sister! she is a kick ass character! and yes, I want to do a costume too...... :) and yes.....
    I am calling you Ani again ;)
  3. Sith_241 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    i saw a few minutes of it. it looked pretty cool.
  4. Anakin_Skywalker_X Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Yeah I cant wate till tommorow for part 2 I am so glad they dont make us wate a hole fregin week for each part. If you missed it tonight u can catch part one at 4pm tommrow and then part 2 right after it on Sci-Fi :)
  5. OddeBogodde Jedi Youngling

star 3
    can't talk....watching TV...Alia is HOT....well not in this episode, they made her get fatter. :( Paul's daughter it pretty hot too :)
  6. Anakin_Skywalker_X Jedi Youngling

star 3
    aaa she is ok But your right Alia is a fregen knock out!!!! [face_love] to bad she is lossing it and going crazy, but thats ok you and I are in to chicks like that Oddy, "Its a lot in life" ;)
  7. OddeBogodde Jedi Youngling

star 3
    "preferred preferability" I think is the term...and dude its ODDE, pronounce ODDY yes, but spelled ODDE...I don't call you annuhkin do I? E not Y, say it with a Y, spell it with an E. got it?
  8. Anakin_Skywalker_X Jedi Youngling

star 3
  9. OddeBogodde Jedi Youngling

star 3
    so did anyone see the finale last night? God Emperor of Dune is the next book, I wonder if they'll make that into a series. I hope not. REally after the second book the series got....soap operaish...ug...Leto lives for like 10,000 years and then becomes a sand worm like paul....what the heck is that?!
  10. Rogue_Granger Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I loved the mini series, but you're right odde....if it gets soap-operaish, it won't be as good.
    and I love the name Alia.... :D
  11. Anakin_Skywalker_X Jedi Youngling

star 3
    When did Paul turn into a worm? did he in the books because he didnt in the movie. ?[face_plain]
  12. OddeBogodde Jedi Youngling

star 3
    it doesn't happen until God Emperor of Dune, and its Leto who turns into a Worm, not Paul, Paul gets shanked and dies, then Alia dies right after. My mistake.
  13. Anakin_Skywalker_X Jedi Youngling

star 3
  14. Anakin_Skywalker_X Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Went out trying to find the damm sound track, couldent find it anywere I hope it excists :( There are no Tower Recoreds out here this sucks because they would have it if it excisted!!
  15. Anakin_Skywalker_X Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Is there an Dune RPG? I wish there was that would be badass! Odde do u know?
    ?[face_plain]

I think I am going to make a Fremin race for my Star Wars campane ;)
  16. OddeBogodde Jedi Youngling

star 3
    no there isn't a Dune RPG that I'm aware of, but if you go to the SWRPGNetwork forums, there are a few posts about fremin as a SW race. As well as Leto. Check it out

SWRPGNetwork
  17. OddeBogodde Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Also:

Sue Rostoni, a Lucasfilm employee, has posted an interesting tidbit on some upcoming sourcebooks from Wizards of the Coast on the Official Site's message boards. Here's what she had to say:
    "There's a Clone Wars Sourcebook scheduled for November 2004 (but the schedule is not fixed). The updated NJO sourcebook is scheduled for June 2004 -- your calendar idea is a good one!"
    Though this is the first we have heard of it, we are inclined to believe that such a sourcebook is in the works if Sue has mentioned it. More news as it develops.

Woohoo...more sourcebooks!!!! but bejebus...a year and a half away!?!?
  18. Rogue_Granger Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Hey Brandon....
    Remember how I said Duncan Idaho looked really familiar? Well, He used to be on Alias! He was Sydney's fiance. (he got murdered in the first season, I believe)
  19. jawajames FF Pacific RSA / Chapter Rep San Diego, CA

Manager
    star 6
    my local comic shop had a bunch of free promo postcards for Children of Dune, i'll pick some up for you guys if you are interested.

20. Rogue_Granger Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I LUV YOU JAMES!!!!
    (thats a yes!)
  21. Anakin_Skywalker_X Jedi Youngling

star 3
    JAMES YOU ARE A GOD!!...well a Jawa god anyway.. :D
  22. Rogue_Granger Jedi Padawan

star 4
  23. jawajames FF Pacific RSA / Chapter Rep San Diego, CA

Manager
    star 6
    i got a huge stack of them -- i guess i will just keep them on hand until the next event that you guys come down for.
  24. Rogue_Granger Jedi Padawan

star 4
  25. Anakin_Skywalker_X Jedi Youngling

star 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.