main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

'Children of Men' - Near Sci-Fi Movie

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by DBrennan3333, Jul 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OBI-BEN-KENOBI

OBI-BEN-KENOBI Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 13, 2004
    I'll be seeing this film today.

2. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    I wholeheartedly agree with every bit of that.

3. DewbackRider88

DewbackRider88 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    This was the big surprise for me last year. I went not really knowing what I was going to see up there on the screen, but it blew me away.

A must-buy for me, loved the story, the acting (clive owen is awsome, not in movies enough) and the polotics are very cutting edge (as was v for vendetta)

4. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    This and Pan's Labyrinth are the two that should be getting here in a couple of weeks. Mexican filmmakers have been on fire this year. Bravo.

5. Scullys_Heart

Scullys_Heart Jedi Youngling

Jan 29, 2006
    I have bought the book to read before going to see the movie. But someone told me that it is nothing like the movie? I hope to see the movie sometime this week. Anyone's thoughts in comparing the book and the movie? I don't mind spoilers as long as it is not the "climatic ending".

6. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Cliodna_ben_Lhee Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2003
    I just saw it tonight. I loved it. It is fast paced, lot?s of action, but also heartwarming at times and heart wrenching at others. I found myself at turns getting mad, feeling hopeful, being sad, and some scenes actually made me want to cry. It was an emotional rollercoaster ride.

7. Yodas-evil-twin

Yodas-evil-twin Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 3, 2005
    I loved it. Clive Owen was absolutely fantastic, and I loved the way the violence felt like it was war footage you would see on the evening news. Also: Best. Car. Chase. Ever.

8. Darth-Kevin-Thomas

Darth-Kevin-Thomas Jedi Master star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    I was pleasantly suprised. I knew that this was going to be a good flick. Clive owen and Michael Caine? How could you go wrong. Very gritty and it very much pulls the veiwer into the movie. DP did a great job and deserves to get the oscar.

dkt

9. Sn4tcH

Sn4tcH Jedi Master star 4

Oct 22, 2004
    I finally saw this... and wow... just... wow... And it's all good wows... wow...

10. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Now that I've seen Pan's Labyrinth, this is my next one to see.

11. Darth_Pogey

Darth_Pogey Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2005
    Finally saw it last night. It was probably the best movie of 2006. If you thought Cuaron's Prisoner of Azkaban had a lot of artistic feel type stuff, you ain't seen nothing yet. In this film he really cuts loose. There are 3 shots that are around 10 minutes long. The pacing and acting are awesome. Only thing Ididn't like is how everyone important but the pregnant woman and her baby dies. And it would have been nice to see Julianne Moore a bit more. But its so powerful when the soldiers stop fighting and just look at the baby. Overall a top notch film.

12. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    If I'm not working on Sunday, I'm going to try and see it.

13. -Phoenix-

-Phoenix- Jedi Master star 5

Oct 21, 2005
    I'm hoping to see this today.

14. Darth-Kevin-Thomas

Darth-Kevin-Thomas Jedi Master star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    Yeah, but it is cool to see that everyone affected by this girl did all that they could to protect her. You saw Theo trade his Cigaretts for a lamp and use his Whisky to wash his hands. These are things that were set up at the start as things that were important to him and it was replaced by Kee. But, yeah, I do agree a bit. IT does speak to the tone of the movie and the state of the world it's set in. Also would have wished Moore was in it more. Her and Owen had some cool exchanges (pardon the Ping pong pun) in this movie.

This was hands down, my favorite movie of the year. And One of the screenwriters brother goes to my church!!

dkt

15. -Phoenix-

-Phoenix- Jedi Master star 5

Oct 21, 2005
    Great movie. I loved the whole atmosphere of it all.

16. CyberFaust

CyberFaust Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2005
    graet movei, visualy verry impressive and alltogether welldone, more j. moore would've been nice though, i didn't like the deathy bit

17. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Watching this now. Absolutely brilliant film.

18. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Bah, this got snubbed.

19. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    I agree with that completely. I was fortunite to find a theater that was still playing it last week, and I have to say it's one of, if not the best movie of 2006 that I've seen.

What's so frightening about the view of this future, is that it's an incredible possibility of where the human race could be in 20 years. Not to mention, the film introduces you to so many characters that as soon as you find yourself liking them, they're ripped away from you. The film tugged at the heartstrings so many times during my viewing of it, and for the first time in years, I actually felt overwhelmed by a film.

Bravo to the people that adapted and made this picture, which from what I've heard, is quite different from the novel, but gets the general message of the book across wonderfully.

20. Sanctimoniously

Sanctimoniously Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2005
    'Twas an excellent movie. I shall most certainly get it on DVD.

21. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Which you can do today. Out on DVD and either High Def or Blue Ray.

22. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    I'm definetly picking this one up today. A beautiful film.

23. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    I think that I will be as well.

24. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    I blind bought it today. Wanted to see bad at theaters and my dollar theater never got it.

25. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    you and your dollar theater! [face_plain]

i'll probably end up blind buying it as well once i get more money at the end of the week

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.